“Like coming home to family”

Saeng's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #77 of 144 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Thai
Kailua, Hawaii
“Like coming home to family”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have been going to Saeng's since 2000. The service is always good and the food is tasty. The portions are fair and the sushi bar has been a nice addition to the ambience of the place. Joanne and Tony always great us with a smile. Sam and Phan are always so friendly and know every ingredient on the menu. Good food and great feel.

• Visited March 2014

Coolum Beach, Australia
“Every thing was great”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Excellent, food, service and decor. Thoroughly recommended.
Choice was great and tasted great, and quick. .prices were very reasonable

Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Meh, I've Had Better”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

It was OK....but not great. If you're craving some Thai, this probably won't satisfy your craving. That said, it's decent enough. I did really like the decor/ambiance, though. Casual elegance. Nice staff, too.

Visited April 2013
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Good food at a good price...”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have had bad Thai food and I have had great Thai food. This is good, but not great.

I went there with my family and did enjoy the meal. My son and I each ordered chicken Pad Thai. My wife had an order of pineapple fried rice and my daughter wasn't all that hungry so she just had some sticky rice. We all shared an order of spring rolls.

The Pad Thai had a nice flavor (I go with a medium spice and my son had no spice), but it was a little stickier than I like it. It was to the point of clumpiness. I would prefer it a little thinner. But, as I said, the flavor was good.

My wife loved her pineapple fried rice. I am sure she would have ordered another plate of it to take home, if she had thought of it.

The ambiance is good and the wait staff is attentive.

I would recommend this restaurant to folks that enjoy Thai food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank HeathSchneider
El Dorado Hills, California
“So-so...”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Atmosphere was very nice as was the overall service. The food was average and a bit less in portions than most Thai restaurants with the exception of the rice (go figure). The "turn off" (which can ruin a great restaurant) was the apparent aggressive desire to flip the table. I totally understand the restaurant business model but don't give me the impression of being hustled out, I may never hustle back in again.

Visited March 2013