“What I loved best about Zia's was there chopped salad.”
Review of Zia's Caffe - CLOSED

Zia's Caffe
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
oahu
“What I loved best about Zia's was there chopped salad.”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

If you are interested in an "Italian like" style chopped salad, than this place has it.

I loved the taste of the crispness of the romaine lettuce, the saltiness of the prosciutto and mozzarella cheese, diced up olives, tomatoes, and bell peppers, and last but not least - the amazing balsamic dressing. This salad cost a pretty penny, but it is worth it and is definitely a step up from the old fashioned Caesar salad (and I love Caesar salad). This salad is great with bread and some red wine (for adults) or iced tea.

Visited April 2012

Troy, Ohio
“Sweet little Italian Place!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Our server Noah (noel) was so sweet and really treated us special! He went out of his way to help us figure out what was best to eat. Food was great!

Visited June 2012
Whistler, BC
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The food was so, so. The prices were about $15-20/dish for pastas and more for steak. The restaurant is located on a main street and we could hardly hear ourselves speak over the loud noise from passing traffic.

The fish my wife ordered wasn't available even though it was one of the specials for the night. My children's dishes with Alfredo sauce couldn't be doctored enough with salt and pepper to make it palatable although my manicotti was delicious.

The wine selection was limited.

The restaurant is located next to a bar. So on top of the noise from the vehicles, there were people yahooing from the bar next door. The bathroom was around the back of the building and was shared with the bar. The bathroom was atrocious.

All in all the food wasn't worth going back for, the ambience was beyond terrible.

I think this place would have a chance if it was in a different location and the food was better.

My advice - don't waste your time or money.

• Visited March 2012
Kennebunk, Maine
“New Owner, New Chef - Much Improved!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We've been going to Zia's on our annual trip to Kailua/Lanikai for over 15 years. All outdoor seating and on a very busy road so a lot of traffic noise. It's not fancy but has a very extensive menu at moderate prices for Hawaii. In the past, service was always excellent but the food was inconsistent, ranging from good to very good. This visit, the service remained excellent but the food was excellent. We commented to our server and he informed us that it was under new management and the chef was new. We had very simple meals - cheese raviolis and spaghetti with a meat saude. Both were excellent and about $10 each. Although atmosphere is lacking, I have to give it an overall Excellent rating for the service, food, and value.

• Visited December 2011
“good italian”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Have been traveling to Oahu my whole life. Found this place a couple years back and loved it. With the plethora of Italian eateries on the mainland, I am picky. Zia's has great pasta, salads, and desserts (specifically the penne, antipasta salad and tiramisu). Can't wait to go back next year.

• Visited April 2011