“Worried if my friend was jinxed and I shouldn't take her out again after a horrible meal and service at Buzz's”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Ranked #30 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local neighborhood watering hole
Kailua
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Walked in and seated ourselves and did wait a while before we were acknowledged. The waitress did take our water order, one no ice but brought two with ice, then took one back and I did have to ask her again to remember my water. After those initial mishaps all went well! The food was fine, the house wine awful but the waitress became brave and interacted and returned to our table often enough so we enjoyed our visit! The toilets though really need some work!!!!!!

• Visited April 2014

US
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We are new to the area and this place was recommended. I agree with another review, not sure why this place has such good reviews. The burger was so-so, didn't seem to be made from fresh meat. Service was average. The place was dirty! Sticky floors and absolutely filthy bathrooms. There are so many other places to try that we won't be coming back here.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good bar food in Kailua”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Met with some friends here for dinner one night while visiting Oahu. This place was great for bar food, which was just what we needed after hiking on Oahu all day. Good burgers, fries, hot dogs, and fried appetizers. Nothing that will blow you away but it is all very good. I would definitely come back to this place if I find myself in the area and in need of a burger.

• Visited October 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Shack in Enchanted Lakes Kailua”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Wonderful friendly local atmosphere. I was by my self but felt like I had royal treatment by the young lady who waited on me. Great beer selections and the Burger and Fries were to die for. It was also a College Football Day and they accommodated requests for games.

Visited September 2013
Spokane, WA
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped to eat at the Shack in Kailua after a long day of activities. The burgers were excellent, waitstaff was wonderful and the beer was COLD!

Visited July 2013