“Good burgers.”

Dean's Drive-Inn
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had the Avocado Burger and the Mushroom Burger. The Avocado Burger had lots of avocadoes and the mushroom burger was one of the few mushroom burgers where the mushrooms were fresh and the mushroom taste came through. Both were very good and very reasonably priced. The lady that took our order was very nice, outgoing and made sure we had everything we needed. Very good.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were on a drive around the island and we started getting really hungry in Kaneohe. We saw that Dean's Drive-Inn had some good reviews, so we checked it out. If you weren't looking for it specifically, you'd drive right by. We were looking for it and we still drove right by! The restaurant itself it pretty small - maybe 4 booths and a table. Most of the people were getting their orders to go.
I ordered the hamburger steak plate with brown rice and salad. The hamburger was a patty of charbroiled deliciousness. The brown gravy was rich and savory. The salad wasn't fancy, but it was fresh and had a tangy dressing. I was planning on eating half of my lunch, but I couldn't stop myself. So good.
The food wasn't super fast, but it was wonderful and service was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Based on two travel web sites, we tried this small but unique restaurant. It's difficult to get into the strip shopping, but worth making an extra trip around the block. Only 6 tables in the restaurant, no restrooms and charges for refills, lots of people do "take out'. We had just walked up Diamond Head and was heading north, so we wanted to relax and have a good lunch. Dean was a great host. I had the mini ahi sandwich with mac salad (macaroni salad). My hubby had the surf and turf. The beef was amazing and so worth it. Try it. A fun, off the beaten track spot to try. Don't expect restrooms or refills, but do enjoy and wonderful lunch.

2  Thank MaryFLincoln
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Super friendly and charming hole-in-the-wall where they serve great food! The menu is more extensive than what is on this site so go check it out! Most order take out, but there are 6 booth tables for dining in-house.

1  Thank Adele H
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Here it's all about the food. We were out at Kaneohe to visit the botanical park and sought this place out because the reviews were so good. We were not disappointed. It's a little place with five tables inside. You could drive past really easily. But the food was amazing.
My wife and I both got the "surf and turf" which has both the ahi cakes and teriyaki beef. With that you get a choice of Mac or green salad and white or brown rice. We both got brown rice and Mac salad. The ahi cakes were wonderful with an aioli that had a touch of spice. The teriyaki beef was tender and delicious. I was surprised at the quality and presentation. The Mac salad was pretty ordinary but the ahi and beef were amazing.
Service was friendly and warm. I would highly recommend this place.

4  Thank Diner_Mike