“Great lunch”

Dean's Drive-Inn
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in Kaneohe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Awesome food and service. I had the coconut shrimp and my husband had the ahi cakes. Both were very good

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great plate lunches and great service! I love the teri beef. It's in a hole-in-the-wall location that can be easily missed. Go get 'ono grinds from them now!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We never heard of Dean's Drive-Inn until it was recently featured in Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Long drive from Waipahu but we're happy we made the trip a few days ago! We tried the Island Fresh Ono (featured on Triple D), Surf and Turf and the Tofu Steak plate lunches. Dean came out a couple of times to say hello and his wife and daughter were very nice. Tiny, clean, crowded place with outstanding gourmet plate lunches. We can't wait to go back!

8  Thank vrite
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had the Avocado Burger and the Mushroom Burger. The Avocado Burger had lots of avocadoes and the mushroom burger was one of the few mushroom burgers where the mushrooms were fresh and the mushroom taste came through. Both were very good and very reasonably priced. The lady that took our order was very nice, outgoing and made sure we had everything we needed. Very good.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were on a drive around the island and we started getting really hungry in Kaneohe. We saw that Dean's Drive-Inn had some good reviews, so we checked it out. If you weren't looking for it specifically, you'd drive right by. We were looking for it and we still drove right by! The restaurant itself it pretty small - maybe 4 booths and a table. Most of the people were getting their orders to go.
I ordered the hamburger steak plate with brown rice and salad. The hamburger was a patty of charbroiled deliciousness. The brown gravy was rich and savory. The salad wasn't fancy, but it was fresh and had a tangy dressing. I was planning on eating half of my lunch, but I couldn't stop myself. So good.
The food wasn't super fast, but it was wonderful and service was very friendly.