“Fun eats and good too!”

Dining options: Dinner
Lillooet, Canada
“Fun eats and good too!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We have gone several times since we have been on Maui. Not only is the food really good but it's fun to go there too! The traveling belt goes around the restuarnt and your choices go by so you can pick off the belt or you can oder. The best of both worlds!! Wish there was one in Vancouver Canada. We would drive the 2 1/2 hours just for dinner there!

Visited December 2012

Honolulu
“This location sucks”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Don't waste your time going here. The rice was hard due to some of the items being pulled directly from the fridge to your plate. The service was absolutely horrid. I always leave a tip, but in this situation we chose not to. We ordered off the menu as soon as we sat down. We then watched everyone who was seated after us get their food before we even got our miso soup. When the waitress finally came to us (without any of our order) she said she was sorry but she forgot about us!! What kind of waitress tells their guests they were forgotten?? She finally ran over then brought back our miso soup. The rest of our order started coming out but guess what...it was wrong. We sent back items we didn't order and had to remind the waitress what our order was. Very horrible experience. Go to Kapahulu...that is the best one I've been to. This location should be removed from the chain as it is a disgrace.

• Visited July 2012
Dewey, Arizona
“It's A Sushi-O-Rama!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This location in Kaneohe, at the Windward City Shopping Center, isn’t far from where we used to live, so we ate here often.
Every time since we’ve left, we make a pilgrimage when ever we come home for a visit!
It use to be BYOB, but that is no longer the case.
You can sit either at the counter in front of the conveyer belt going around the restaurant,
carrying those tasty small plates, or at a booth (we prefer a booth, more room to spread out). So grab your chopsticks and some pickled ginger and let’s grind bruddahs and sistas. We usually begin our sushi-o-rama with a bowl of Miso Soup and Edamame, then move on from there. It's a help yourself place, as a plate goes by, if you like the looks of it, grab it!
I know that it’s considered boorishly American, but we do so love our Wasabi mixed in a small dipping dish with some Shoyu or Soy Sauce
(and no they didn’t have any Aloha Brand, bummer)
and then dunk your chopstick full of goodness in it, YUM!!
My husband likes his, “nose hair singe-ingly” hot with Wasabi.
The skilled Shokunin or sushi chef, made some scrumptious morsels
like Gunkan Ahi Poke, a little spicy but so delicious.
Sushi isn’t just fish, seedless Cucumber or Kapa Maki is a favorite of ours.
And it’s not all rice either.
Here we have Baked Mussels and deep fried Garlic Chicken in a lovely sweet-savory-tangy-garlic-soy-sauce.
You pay by the plate color and we did 19 in total, that was NOT a record for us.
It’s so nice in this type of restaurant, you eat a little, drink some tea, watch the different plates going by waiting for your desired dish, you chat, and plain have a good time at your leisure, no rush and not expensive either.

• Visited May 2012
Hawaii
“Going down hill real fast!”
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We have been dining at Genki in Kaneohe for many years. Over the past year the quality of the food is gone down. We were just there this weekend and the sushi is so small you can eat one of the the two pieces in just one bite. The miso soup was horrible. It was so watery I felt like I was paying for a bowl of water. Even my daughter mentioned to me how bad it was. The waitress was very indifferent and acted like she could care less if we were there. I ordered Ika Karage and she told me to take one of the conveyor. I told her I was ordering one so it would be hot. She mentioned that those on the conveyor should be hot. They were cold! Don't order crab from them it is usually sour. They really need to review the food they serve. I'm not going there anymore.

Kaneohe, HI
“Order at your own risk”
Reviewed 6 December 2008

We were regulars. Ordered take-out tonight. spicy tuna, unagi, rainbow roll, dragon roll and crab mayo. Everything was fine until we tried the crab. My wife took a taste and gagged, it was positively rotten, the smell was nasty. I don't usually return take-out if its bad-not worth the bother but this was just plain awful I can still smell the putrid stench in my nostrils. Needless to say we did not finish the rest of the sushi. When I went to the restaurant the manager made like it was no big deal and only refunded our rotten crab even if we couldn't eat the rest of our meal. Eat at your own risk!