We stayed at Paradise Bay when it was called Schraders Inn and we had a horrible experience with an old woman working at the desk when we tried to check out. We questioned the 7% surcharges that were added to our room on top of all the other taxes and the woman was extremely rude and told us that we had signed a form at check in which stated we understood our bill would incur these charges. When i asked her to explain further, as far as what these taxes are for she raised her voice to both me and my husband and said we would have to take them to court if we wanted to fuss about it and it wouldnt matter anyway because to business was up for sale anyway. Unbelievably unprofessional! When i learned that the hotel was under new managment i just had to see for myself how it had changed so i reluctantly booked for our next island visit. We arrived at night and im surprised people who havent been here before can actually find the place because the buildings are so dark and gloomy it kind of gives you a haunted house feel. Mind you we paid about $150 after all the taxes for a waterfornt bungalo 2 yrs ago and and our room rate now was about $300 so i was expecting huge upgrades. The room itself did look better, the bathroom was done over and so was the kitchen but i could still here everything that went on in the adjoined room. So if you are ok with hearing your neighbor sneeze, cough and even pass gas then this is the place for you. The breakfast even got smaller. They claim to serve fresh hawaiian fruit but all i saw was canned fruit. I was suppose to stay 4 nights but happily checked out the following morning. The absolute highlight of my stay was discovering that the rude woman who once worked at the front desk was now working as a housekeeper. I guess the new management has the smarts to know that this woman did not belong dealing with customers.
All in all im going to be honest...Yes the place has been upgraded but so have the prices ( Nearly double) You can get alot more for the price you pay going else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! We are very excited to announce the completion of our room and property renovations. We will continue to enhance the property as other resorts do, however the bulk of work is complete. We appreciate all of the input we received both positive and negative and we have used it to get to the point we are today. We were recently awarded the 2014 TripAdvisor Award of Excellence. We are blessed to be part of what we all consider to be the most beautiful tropical setting in the Hawaiian Islands. Now the property, accommodations and warm staff complement our surroundings. We call ourselves True Hawaii and what does that mean? Our setting reveals the answer. We are located in a panorama of spectacular natural and tropical beauty, from amazing Hawaiian mountain ranges and lush tropical landscape, to beautiful Kaneohe Bay, Chinaman's Hat Island and out to the Pacific Ocean. We border an ancient Hawaiian fishpond surrounded by lush tropical mangroves. The Kahuona Fishpond is one of the last remaining working fishponds and is designated a historical site. We are the only resort property with private access to Kaneohe Bay. Kaneohe Bay hosts the most abundant and diverse sea life and reef system in the Hawaiian Islands and our guests can access it safely right from the resort. Our design fits with the environment and has a contemporary and authentic Hawaiian look and feel. We thank our guests who have stayed with us in the past and helped to support us. We appreciate your patience with the renovations and know you will be delighted on your next stay. The property, guest rooms, new amenities, services and warm staff are here to take care of you. We offer our guests the same entertainment, special Saturday sand bar excursion and we have added a few more; a Friday evening Firedance Show, additional live Hawaiian music and surprise cultural classes. We have added some new things such as; a fitness room, Wi-Fi, on call spa service, new pool and hot tub, new floating lounge areas, conference room, intimate wedding ceremonies and we are pet friendly. We have renovated and upgraded our guestrooms with; new furnishings, artwork, premium pillow top mattresses, luxurious bedding and linens as well as new flat screen TV's and IPod docks.Kayak use is still included and we also have Standup Paddle Boards and private boat charter available. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Paradise. Warm Aloha, David and Stephanie Ryan ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Hotel Kaneohe
- Schraders Windward Country Hotel
- Schraders Windward Country Resort
- Country Inn Kaneohe
- Kaneohe Country Inn
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Oahu - Kaneohe