“Birthday Pleasure Getaway”

Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kaneohe
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I had a great time and so did my hubby & Ohana (Family). We had great personnel from the start.
There was Ms. Sarah the Manager on Duty that did great in selecting the room of her special picking just for me, as it was one of her favorites. The hugest and inviting balcony lanai I ever stayed in at a resort A great big hug to you Ms. Sarah!! Ms.Tiana was there at the Front Desk with her smiling face and "Aloha" spirit as she walked me into my gorgeous 1 bedroom suite and gave me the keys. BIG hugs there too! And then Kayleigh! Breakfast hostess with the absolute mostess! She was there every morning welcoming and preping the continental breakfast display, and what a fulfilling continental breakie I ever! The fresh papaya every morning Won us over. Super HUGS to Ms. Kayleigh.
I was surprised at this get away secret, and part of me wants to keep it that way, but yet you all must go there!!
Mahalo

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alohalani001
Sarah G, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Alohalani!! Mahalo for choosing Paradise Bay Resort for your Birthday Getaway! We are glad you and your Ohana enjoyed yourselves while you were here and I'm happy the room we picked was perfect for you during your stay. Our front office staff was pleased to meet you and assist you during your stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We have been twice now. I am not a huge fan of Waikiki and MUCH prefer to be away from touristy chaos. PBR is perfect! Had great clean rooms with awesome views each time. Paddle Boarded and Kayaked with the free boats and boards they provide EVERY DAY! The water on the bay is like glass. Got to go on a boat trip that they run frequently that takes you out to snorkel at no extra charge. Amazing snorkeling with sea turtles and manta rays. Complimentary breakfast on the patio every morning. I cannot wait to get back! Don't bother with Waikiki. Oh, and be sure to eat at the yellow food truck on the corner. Amazing Kalua Pork!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Aloha Julie! Mahalo for coming to stay with us again! We are glad you came back to visit and that you appreciate True Hawaii and all that Paradise Bay Resort has to offer. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Our family recently moved to O'ahu and chose to stay at Paradise Bay Resort upon arrival. Best decision we ever made! We awoke to the quiet Kaneohe Bay with the gentle waves lapping up on shore. Rainbows greeted us while white egrets flew past the gorgeous Ko'oalu range. Our two young children played freely in the small private beach and we spent many nights in the newly renovated pool and jacuzzi area.
Wednesday evenings found us upstairs in the lobby where the resort hosts a weekly luau which includes delicious food, mai tai's and great Hawaiian music. On Saturday's the resort offers a boat cruise around the bay and takes guests to swim at one of the best reefs in O'ahu!
The staff is very friendly and made us feel at home.
For pet lovers, please note that the resort is pet friendly, which is very uncommon on island.
The beds are very comfortable, and you can't beat the location!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Aloha Miranda! LOVE that photo, its too cute. We are so glad that you guys enjoyed all our awesome amenities and that they got to play around in the beach area, taking in true Hawaii! We are happy that you choose us as your home away from home and they we could accomodate you and your furry one! Come visit us again soon! MAHALO

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I and our two girls moved to Hawaii from Florida with The Military in November 2011, we arrived with rooms booked on base and we are sooooooo THANKFUL that we found Paradise Bay Resort!!
What a Wonderful experience we had staying there, not only my husband and myself, but for our girls as well, when it was time to leave they didnt want to!!!
The staff were simply Amazing full of helpful information of what to see in Kaneohe as well as the rest of the island and they were kind and professional and quite fun, as we got to know them all for our stay with Paradise Bay was for 2months!
Weekend boat ride to snorkel and the reef FREE and Wednesday night complimentary DELICIOUS dinner and cocktails with Live local performers and Friday night Mojito night, it was just sooooo much fun!!!
The pool and hot tub and decks and views-"oh the views!!!"especially from most of the rooms And the out door lobby- forgot to mention breakfast outside every BEAUTIFUL morning!!!!! With fresh fruit and Great Kona coffe- yum!!!!!
The new owners are delightful and very Brilliant with all their ideas that they have worked to put into making this a fantastic resort-that you might blink and miss- I love the location on route to North Shore and near Kaneohe marine Corp base and Kialua and just a quick drive through a MAGNiFICENT mountain to Honolulu and Waikiki.
The rooms have been updated and have great character and decor, some have better views than others but all rooms let you take in the Hawaiian experience you may not get at some chain hotel or even other resorts!!
What can I say?!?! We LOVED IT!! The Resort, The People, The Food, The Boat Rides- oh and you get access anytime for FREE to paddle boards and kayaks- I almost forgot!
We made Wonderful memories at Paradise Bay!

• Stayed: November 2011

Aloha Jill! We miss having you and your family with us in Paradise! We are so happy you choose to stay with us during your transition to Hawaii. Thank you for your kind review, we are very glad you found us too! You should defiantly come back and check us out again! We have continued to upgrade and make changes to the grounds and rooms, especially the pool, the girls will love it!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just returned from our 3 night stay at Paradise Bay Resort. It was a perfect place to stay on the quiet windward side of the island. The new owners have done a great job of transforming it into a delightful relaxing environment. The extras are a nice touch including the paddle boards and kayaks that are included in the daily rates as well as the breakfasts, Wednesday dinner and Friday cocktails. We loved the opportunities to meet other guests at the breakfasts and evening events. Our studio suite was huge and had a large lanai with a great view of the bay, palm tree lined canal and the lush mountains which were full of waterfalls as it rained daily. Our building had several units in it and unfortunately the sound travelled easily through the walls. This did not really interfer with our stay but did get us up earlier than we may have liked. Staff was fantastic and I would recommend it highly except to some families since there is no beach access.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Aloha! Mahalo for your review and for coming to vacation with us in Paradise! We are glad you got to enjoy all our great amenities and meet with other travelers during your stay. Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had been traveling for a month and wanted somewhere quiter for a few days before we headed into the heart of Waikki.Where Paradise Bay is located seems to be a very dodgy neighbourhood and you need to have a car. We booked this resort online and it looked wonderful. The 2 bedroom apartment we were given was on the street and was so tiny, unrenovated and very very noisy, nothing like the photos on the web site. They do have some beautiful apartments on the bay but of course they were all booked out so we could not even upgrade. They really need to be more honest with their online booking system and show the rooms you actually have booked because we sure did not get the apartment shown on the booking site!!!
We really didnt stay at the resort much as it was too depressing and we had a car and was off discovering the island which was beautiful and hundreds of places to choose accomadation other than Paradise Bay. After leaving We then went to Sheradin Waikkii and loved it..... Its a no brainer stay there or anywhere else instead anytime...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Christine W
Sarah G, Director of Sales at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

We appreciate you for staying with us at Paradise Bay Resort. We are sorry the standard room category you selected was not up to your expectations, we have three different categories of rooms that have different views. Unfortunately we were booked at the time of your stay and we were unable to upgrade you. The next time you stay at Paradise Bay Resort please select a View or a Waterfront Room category, and feel free to call our reservation line to ask any questions you may have. Mahalo for your input and we will note it as we continue to enhance the resort and our Website.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

At first, arriving on a Monday evening I was weary pulling up to this place, but I have to say after 4 nights and 4 days stay my family and I agreed we'd return.
First I have to say that ALL people who work there that we were in contact with were friendly, kind and accommodating. The next thing we loved is that our 2 bdrm suite was clean! We stayed by the building between the lobby and the street. Not liking the fact that we didn't have a lanai I asked for an upgrade. They tried to accommodate, but they were fully booked and it would have cost way more money anyway. Looking back, it didn't really matter cause the only thing we did in our room was sleep and shower anyway, but it would have been nicer. The next thing we loved was the complimentary breakfast and delicious coffee every morning on the lobby lanai with that view. Ahhh we miss that. The complimentary Hawaiian dinner with live Hawaiian music on Wednesday Night (as well as the Mai Tai's was a nice touch as well. That was a great evening enjoyed by all. The close proximity to Kailua beach, the North shore and Polynesian Cultural center was nice as well. I wish we would have been there for the boat ride to the sandbar on Saturday, but we missed that :( My suggestion would be to have a sign up sheet for people willing to pay $ to go to the sandbar on other days. We would have done that :). The pool and spa are nice as well and clean. My kids loved swimming in the pool. The use of kayaks etc was there, but we did not try it out. We left Friday for Waikiki, but I have to say if I could do it over again I would never have left that retreat for the Concrete jungle of Waikiki. After one day in Waikiki my kids kept begging me to go back to PBR. What was great at PBR was that my kids had their own room and so did we. The roosters in the morning got us up early, but in Waikiki it's the pigeons who are just as noisy, as well as the sirens and honking (yuck).Truthfully I don't mind getting up early, cause we got a head start on the day! If I flew back to Oahu, I would stay at the PBR again. I find the price we paid was a bit much not to have a lanai though. Hmmm one more thing, we had our laundry done for $20 (25 with tip), while we were gone all day, but what bothered me was on the form it said $8.00. Please correct that error, cause it looks bad.
To sum it up, we loved your clean nature retreat! ;) We'll be back ;)

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Sarstps72
Sarah G, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Mahalo for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again in the future! We are very sorry we didn't have any other rooms available for you during your stay, but we are glad you took advantage of and enjoyed the other outdoor spaces we have on site. The floating dock and lobby lanai are great and have amazing views to relax and unwind. We wish you would have been able to enjoy our Sandbar Boat Excursion, hopefully next time you will stay with us over a weekend!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaneohe
Prince Waikiki
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
Waikiki
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Been to Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii? Share your experiences!