This place was so awesome I don't know where to begin! Just recently, the Paradise Bay Resort was newly acquired by a wonderful couple who are so personable and friendly. All the bad reviews must have come from travelers who visited before the new owners took over. The gal is an architect and she said she plans on revamping the whole site, which is essentially a block of independent condos, houses, the works. It is a little sketchy from the outside, but fabulous on the inside!
Our room was massive, and this is compared to the 2 other places in Oahu we stayed at a comparable price. It had everything we needed, including a spacious refridgerator and microwave. Beautiful bedding, tons of storage, laminate wood flooring, and a lanai that was the size of another room! Everything was really modern, which isn't common on the island (at least not at this price). The best part about the room was the breath-taking view, which overlooked Kaneohe Bay and mountains in the distance. Extremely private, romantic, and clean! Oh and if you're a bug-a-phobe, like I am, rest assured they take care of the pest so you won't run into the common roaches of Hawaii :)
The staff--blew me away! They are one big, smiling family who welcomed us in as their own! My son is a handful, and they all made him feel so special, they were so friendly with him! They also serve breakfast every morning, and if you were to go to say, IHOP, you'd drop a good 40 dollars on comparable food! On Wednesday nights, they have a live band come in and perform while you get FREE dinner. And it's not slop! The cook, who is also the manager, can throw down in the kitchen! It's so awesome to get a home cooked meal when you're on vacation. They also served yummy Mai Tais! I wish I was back, this was the best experience I've had on vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! We are very excited to announce the completion of our room and property renovations. We will continue to enhance the property as other resorts do, however the bulk of work is complete. We appreciate all of the input we received both positive and negative and we have used it to get to the point we are today. We were recently awarded the 2014 TripAdvisor Award of Excellence. We are blessed to be part of what we all consider to be the most beautiful tropical setting in the Hawaiian Islands. Now the property, accommodations and warm staff complement our surroundings. We call ourselves True Hawaii and what does that mean? Our setting reveals the answer. We are located in a panorama of spectacular natural and tropical beauty, from amazing Hawaiian mountain ranges and lush tropical landscape, to beautiful Kaneohe Bay, Chinaman's Hat Island and out to the Pacific Ocean. We border an ancient Hawaiian fishpond surrounded by lush tropical mangroves. The Kahuona Fishpond is one of the last remaining working fishponds and is designated a historical site. We are the only resort property with private access to Kaneohe Bay. Kaneohe Bay hosts the most abundant and diverse sea life and reef system in the Hawaiian Islands and our guests can access it safely right from the resort. Our design fits with the environment and has a contemporary and authentic Hawaiian look and feel. We thank our guests who have stayed with us in the past and helped to support us. We appreciate your patience with the renovations and know you will be delighted on your next stay. The property, guest rooms, new amenities, services and warm staff are here to take care of you. We offer our guests the same entertainment, special Saturday sand bar excursion and we have added a few more; a Friday evening Firedance Show, additional live Hawaiian music and surprise cultural classes. We have added some new things such as; a fitness room, Wi-Fi, on call spa service, new pool and hot tub, new floating lounge areas, conference room, intimate wedding ceremonies and we are pet friendly. We have renovated and upgraded our guestrooms with; new furnishings, artwork, premium pillow top mattresses, luxurious bedding and linens as well as new flat screen TV's and IPod docks.Kayak use is still included and we also have Standup Paddle Boards and private boat charter available. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Paradise. Warm Aloha, David and Stephanie Ryan ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Hotel Kaneohe
- Schraders Windward Country Hotel
- Schraders Windward Country Resort
- Country Inn Kaneohe
- Kaneohe Country Inn
- Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii Oahu - Kaneohe