“We will be back!”

Beach Villas at Ko Olina
Marietta, Georgia
“We will be back!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in unit 0411 for 8 days in June 2014. This place is fabulous. Very high end finishes. I think each unit is individually owned and we booked on Home Away. We saved lots of money by buying drinks and food at the nearby Costco and Target. The pools are beautiful and were not crowded at all. My "kids" are 20, 24, 28 and 29 and were happy just to spend the day bouncing between the pools. There are four outdoor grills to "cook out". We rented a three bedroom, three bath condo on the 4th floor with outstanding views. They light tiki torches every night and the ground are impeccable. We were able to do laundry in our unit, big plus. The lanai has large doors that slide into the walls so you feel like you are outside. TVs in every room, great internet access, sub zero fridge with a separate wine fridge. Double dishwashers were helpful when we only had to wash coffee cups and spoons. The closets had lots of towels and toys plus snorkel gear & chairs. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were large and lush. We travel a lot for family vacations and this has been our favorite trip. Lots and lots to do within walking distance. Tons of restaurants and three other resorts nearby. We visited Aulani twice. The open air lobby was so fun and the staff is top notch. If I could give this 6 out of 5, I would. Very affordable for a family of five adults. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank MGreiff

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This resort is 5 stars all the way. The 2 bedroom condo I rented was spacious enough for my family of 4 with plenty of room tp spread out. Tgehe lanai is large and in our unit (Ocean Tower 1103) had a direct view lf the ocean. The family pool is great whether you have pre teens or toddlers. The lagoons are perfect for children to swim/play without worrying about the current. It was so nice to be away from the craziness of the Waikiki area/beaches. I strongly recommend the beach villas.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WebBrown
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The condo's were unbelievable, upscale amenities, beautiful beaches, exceptional staff. We take multiple vacations, but our first time here. It was an amazing resort and one of my favorite vacations. The water is blue with while sand, not to busy or crowded, a total relaxing place. I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: 3bedroom condo was really amazing for 5 people.
2 Thank Rena N
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We (2 couples) stayed in Ocean Tower 225 the last week in February and the first week in March 2014. This was the THIRD year we have stayed in OT225. The first year it was very nice and worth the price. The second year the refrigerator was inoperable and was fixed in a day or two. The area rugs were in need of a cleaning and we had to wash down the patio furniture before using. THIS YEAR: The area rugs were filthy. Of the six chairs in the dining area four were damaged with rips and cracks (see pictures). The sofa in the living room smelled and no one would sit on it without a sheet covering it. Even the linen in the master bedroom was two different types and colors. We travelled with three other couples and had pre-planned dinners at each others lodgings during our stay. It was quite embarrassing when the others came to our place for dinner. Remember you are paying a premium price and you should get a premium product. That just isn't available at OT 225. The best part is I wrote the owner about three weeks after we returned home and sent her pictures but as of this writing (5-31-14) she still has not responded.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank BradSeattle3
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am the client referred to in Brandy Green's review and I did in fact have a pre-paid reservaton cancelled without notice and with no effort by RMC to find me replacement accommodations. It was inconceivable how the cancellation could even be possible. It took me some time to understand the exact set-up of the Ko Olina Beach Villas Resorts because when booking, I went to a website and thought we had booked at a traditional hotel. Not until cancellation did I learn that the Villas are privately owned and most are booked through a management company. I had reserved a privately owned villa managed by RMC and when RMC lost its contract the owners did not re-list the unit that I had booked. RMC did absolutely nothing to help me after cancellation. Ola Properties, Inc. had nothing at all to do with the cancellation and owed me nothing because my situation was caused by RMC. Despite owing me nothing, Debi Gurnett with Ola Properties, Inc. went way beyond my expectations and worked the Ko Olina market until she found me exact replacement accommodations at the same price as previously booked with RMC. Debi was more than pleasant and helpful the entire time even after I initially had mistakenly directed my anger at her. She never waivered in her commitment to save our dream vacation and delivered as promised. I can say with an absolute guarantee that if you are looking to stay in Hawaii, Deb Gurnett at Ola Properties, Inc. should be the only call you make.

4 Thank Jon P
Highland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom with friends who are owners at this time share resort. The pools are lovely. The lagoon had fair snorkeling (although we had to drive a ways to get my husband a prescription mask). The 1 1/2 mile walk along the ocean is great. We even went to a timeshare presentation and it was NOT high pressure - very professional. The condo was beautifully done with a well stocked kitchen that we used to cook 4 nights and every morning. The luau was very well done - good quality entertainment. The food was good - not outstanding, but good. The included mai tai's were very good - not the usual watered down ones I expected. The outdoor massage was great until the yard men started working right beside the massage area - that really needs to be handled! Nice activities and gym. We really enjoyed our week here.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful ocean view room which was on the end of a building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LabMAK
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

In December 2013, my client and I reserved a 3 bedroom villa at Ko Olina for his family holiday for June 2014. As we now know, the resorts management company from RMC to Ola Properties shift has resulted in the cancellation of our reservation. I did not receive any type of correspondence, email, or phone call from RMC, until late April. We were beyond disappointed. How could a reservation contract be cancelled with no alternative 3 bedroom arrangements made to accommodate the family? As his agent, I made this Ko Olina villa reservation in good faith and with the confidence that this was the right property at the right price point for the right family, with a reputable management that would uphold our mutual client’s interests. The process by which Ko Olina’s reservations team informed us of my cancellation was very unprofessional, and in my 10 years in the hospitality industry, unprecedented. I called RMC manager several times, and have not returned any of my calls. Ola Properties has provided 2 bedroom villa of which will not suit my client’s needs. We have not experienced an automatic cancellation of this type, with no resources nor explanation. I have emailed Ko Olina Beach Villa Management team several times and received absolutely no response. Unbelievable… Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Great property. Horrible Management.

10 Thank Brandy_Green1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#4 of 84 in Honolulu
Waikiki
Halekulani Hotel
Halekulani Hotel
#7 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Beach Villas at Ko Olina? Share your experiences!