“Big menu...good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went here for the first time and enjoyed the evening. Waitstaff was nice. Big menu to choose from. The food came out quick and was very tasty. Our waiter was great and very attentive. We will plan to stop by here again when we are back to Oahu.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hesitant at first but went with the fam since Buca in Ward was busy. Ambiance was good. It wasn't busy at all. Service was well. Food came fast! My veggies were cooked perfectly. Mussels were fine, filet mignon was tender, bread was moist, and shrimp was fresh! Those were the pros.

Now the cons: Olive oil was not served with the bread, linguine was soaked with oil, we were seated close to the serving area, parking is tight and no Italian music.

Still, Assaggio proves to be a seafood wonder in Kapolei! Plenty of servers as well.

1  Thank Kewihiku
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Quiet weekday dinner spent with family at nice Italiano restorante! Ossa bucco was melt in your mouth and bone marrow tasty. Fresh bread always a big hit with my gang! Pasta and parmigiana dishes are generously portioned for us seniors.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

It's nice to have a pretty good Italian restaurant in Kapolei and Assaggio is still about the same as it's known reputation. Menu/type food has been consistent over the years. Prices went up but that's to be expected. The staff seems pleasant...I don't recall anyone outstanding personality-wise...just cordial/efficient as they should be. I'd frequent this restaurant more if I didn't have to watch my diet and if I didn't become a whole head of garlic myself after eating their dishes.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hawaii is the only place where I have seen calamari steaks like this. Over a half inch thick, and over 4" around. Very tender and tasty. My wife had this parmigiana style and I had it scampi style. Both were very good. Get the large portion and you should have some leftovers. They keep well and make a yummy appetizer the next day.

Prices were reasonable, especially for the portions and being in Hawaii.