“Great buffet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Makahiki
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Great buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We ate here for supper the last night of our stay at Aulani, just before we headed to the airport. It is quite pricey but the variety is great. We couldn't try everything, as there was so much and it was quite good. Our family definitley ate their share of the cost in crab legs. I think our waitress cleared away about 10-12 plates of shells from all our trips to the seafood station. You can view their menus online to see what they offer and if it will be worth making a reservation. I would definitely eat here again on a return visit.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“More disappointing than our last visit.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We visited Makahiki last year. There wasn't a lot of dishes I liked there but there was a couple I really liked so we returned for a couple of nights during our stay. At this time we felt it was over-priced for what we enjoyed. We visited Makahiki early this month to celebrate my daughters birthday at Aulani and I was left disappointed and felt like I had spent way too much money on next to nothing. There was no stand out dish that made me want to return again. I really hope they work on the Makahiki menu as the restaurant has a great atmosphere, its a shame the food doesn't make it even more appealing.

Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My family and I had the breakfast buffet almost every morning of our stay at Aulani. It was a little pricey but the selection was wonderful. The food was fresh, warm and tasty. We usually at so much that we didn't really need lunch. We had dinner there one night and again, it was a wonderful selection. Great wait staff too!

Visited June 2013
San Diego, CA
“Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Good but expensive. Generous amount of fish at the buffets, which was consistent and tasty. I think the value depends on what you choose. It was probably worth $45 for dinner if you really like sashimi.

Visited October 2013
Wollongong
“Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great buffet with a variety of choices for everyone. The service is great. It is a warm welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast with the Disney characters is fun for all ages.

Visited September 2013