Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Official Website
Pagoda Hotel(Honolulu)
US$155
US$137
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$194
3,280 results
All reviewsfia fiareflection poolfull kitchenmoana towerocean viewtime sharebedroom villavacation clubquiet poolbeautiful resortnorth shorelongboards restaurantminute driveresort areapools and hot tubsdisney resortbeach lagoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this property but right from the day we arrived and got to our room, the status of the hotel started to fall. My wife is a lover of the Marriott chains of hotels. I would not like to talk in detail of what happened. I wish the next time we come to Ko Olina they will make it up to us. In fact, the tours their concierge proposed went so well. The speedy Shuttle is also very effective. I was disappointed about the cancellation of the time for me to see the stars because the first day was cancelled just like the second day. With the first day the man had a personal engagement. I love this hotel and that is why I will like to come again.

Room Tip: This resort is strategically located for lovers of the beach. Rely on their Speedy Shuttle to and from the airport. Rely on their concierge for tours. they can link you to a good Driver guide called Bud.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBEFALOR
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We travel a lot and this was our 4th time to Hawaii but the first time to Oahu. I have never written a review before because I didn't feel that my experiance was extreme enough (good or bad) to write a review about it. This time I feel a review is in order. We have avoided going to Oahu because I had no desire to stay in Honolulu, when we got the opportunity to stay in Ko Olina we decided to give it a try. And I am so glad we did. The resort is wounderful. Very well equiped in the kitchen, fabulous beds and pillows (very soft and fluffy), great pools, very nice beach and lagoon. We only ate at longboards once our last night at the resort but it was very good. We bought food at safeway and ate breastfast in the condo and ate lunch and dinner out most days because we were on the go all the time and it was not covenient to come back to the resort during the day. I have read reviews about Oahu and Honolulu the have bad things to say about traffic among other things and i agree with most of them but this review is about the Marriot resort which was great.

3  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Favorite Favorite Favorite Place on Oahu! We originally loved Maui (and still do of course) but when we went to explore the other islands and found this little piece of heaven! It has the Maui feel of relaxation, beauty and everything amazing Hawaii is! We have stayed here for the last few years in a row each September/ October and will continue coming here for years to come! The property is beautifully landscaped, with hammocks, multiple pools including adults only and a great one with sand and a basketball net for kids! The BBQ stations on ground as immaculately kept and cleaned daily. The beach's are made up of 4 lagoons 1 for each hotel in Ko'Olina and one that the public uses. This last time we had a Hawaiian monk seal perched on the beach for a full day, and what an amazing site! They have daily activities on property if your interested and the gym has all you'd need for a 2 week stay to keep up your normal gym activities. Honestly cant say enough about the Marriott's Ko'Olina Beach Club. One negative is the parking is pretty overpriced but your forced to pay it as there is no where else around to park. There is a marina right next to the hotel but it would be inconvenient to park there (and i'm not even sure if you can). The Villa's with the kitchens are huge and perfect for a romantic getaway for 2 or having the perfect family vacation!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Ko Olina Beach Club Villas was an awesome experience for my entire family. The activities, beach/lagoon, and pools were wonderfully maintained and so relaxing. The area of Kapolei was beautiful and the locals are so laid back and courteous. I was very impressed with the kindness and friendly people of Oahu. We have a timeshare with Wyndham but must admit that the accomadations at Ko Olina could not have been any better!!! I would recommend this facility to anyone for an experience of a lifetime in Hawaii. My only complaint is that they charge $30 a day for parking on the property. Aloha and Mahalo!!!!!

Room Tip: Oceanview is best but mountain/city view is nice also. Oceanview gives sunset view, pool, and lagoon. Higher floors give the best views.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We are vacation club owners and usually go to Maui or Kauai but figured we'd try Oahu this year. We will most likely never go back to Oahu. The traffic is worse than LA. The problem with Ko Olina is that everything is on the other side of the island (Diamond Head, Koko Head, Hanauma Bay, Valley of the Temples, Waikiki, Pearl Harbor, swap meet at Aloha stadium...), and you have to wait in traffic for at least an hour to get anywhere. But absolutely beautiful once you get past Honolulu and the graffiti. One example was driving 5.5 miles from Waikiki to the freeway took 45 minutes (I can run faster then that). North Shore was a beautiful drive with little traffic and what you expect from HI.

As far as the resort goes it was nice but does not compare to Kanapali or Poipu. The pools are no deeper that 4 ft, and not conducive for standing unless your a midget. The lagoons were fun and the walkway, 1.5 miles, was pretty. The gym was nice, the service was good, the employees were friendly and attentive. Longboards had decent food at a reasonable price (for HI). The suite was the usual two bedroom with full kitchen, but appeared to be at the end of it's remodeling cycle. These are all things that we expect to get and what we pay for as vacation club owners, but Ko Olina didn't have that wow factor that we usually have from the other vacation clubs.