“Time Share Ko Olina Beach Resort”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ko Olina is a very nice resort spot. You have to know that it is a resort spot away from attractions and city life. Once you are out there it is an expensive trip to visit, travel or site see. Great place to relax with a three pool areas and the lagoons. Food is expensive, but a short bus trip brings you to a little town where things are cheaper than picking up food at the Market Place at the resort. You can eat at the resort in one of three places: Market Place (sandwiches, microwave stuff), Longboards (outside dining of bar food type meals and take out), or the fancy restaurant, and room service.

Room Tip: With the timeshare you get what you get; we asked for an upgrade, but were told they don't do th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,232)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have visited this the Marriott Beach Club 3-4 times and every visit is an experience in itself. Lovely paradise within paradise. Quiet beaches, smooth water for the children, fantastic facilities and friendly professional staff. Walking distance from PGA golf course, Island Vintage Coffee and top notch restaurants like Roy's. I highly recommend a visit to beautiful Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PatrickLord
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed here this summer for a fantastic 7 days. We had a midlevel ocean view with accommodations that I’m very used to from Marriott Vacation Club. An Owner of a couple in California, I was know what to expect. Of course everyone has their preferences, but I was concerned about this place by some of the reviews on this page. I accounted for what I saw (parking issues, poor views) etc., and made sure this was not going to be an issue for me. I booked an Ocean view and made sure I got the valet service. Both were excellent. The room was well accommodated as I expected and every day we enjoyed great days at the pool or the beach and nightly sunsets. I’m not a go go go person on vacation so this place worked for me. It has everything I need all on the west end strip. A nice 1 mile walkway down past the other properties, the Disney circus, to the JW Marriott. Each resort has a lagoon and they are great for swimming and perfect for little kids if you have them. Mine are older, but they enjoyed swimming in them and I didn’t have to watch them too close. There are good bars close, Longboards serves a nice lunch, but can be a bit warm sitting outside, and there are other restaurants all close by. A very good Luau is Paradise Cove which is right up the street. Pay extra to ensure good middle seats. There is a Luau at the Marriott but I would only advise it for adults as there is not as much stuff for kids to do. Stay away from Germaine’s. Everyone said it had gone down hill. We did go to Pearl and had an excellent day and got back home before the traffic hit our end. We went in to Honolulu for the day and took a great tour of the Palace (highly recommended), and went to Waikiki beach. It was crammed with summer tourists, but at least my kids got to see it and Diamond Head. There is a bunch of high end shops there now. So if you like that, it’s all there. Some very good restaurants and fun stuff. But after a full day there (didn’t leave until 8PM to miss all traffic), I don’t need to go back real soon. Back at Ko Olina, there is a water park nearby, standard shopping, and great beaches nearby. Surf lessons can also be found nearby with excellent views of Honolulu skyline and Diamond Head (although you are still 15 miles away). All and all it’s a great place to chill, see Honolulu or other more remote parts, and still stay at a very nice place to relax. This area of Oahu reminds me of Maui. Just the right combo of remote island feel and yet not too remote. Hawaii is expensive so I wont complain about how much things cost. If you have a shoestring budget done come here, or just bring your own blender, horse, surfboard etc.

Room Tip: Get the Valet service. Worth every dime.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim_in_Calif
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The location is great. Love the lagoons. Had a great view. The pools are great. My kids loved the sand pool. The kids club had some fun activities that my kids were able to participate in and that gave them some unique, personalized souviners to take home. They also were able to meet the mermaid Kariel who read them a story & swam in the pool with them. They were very excited about that. The only place we ate on the grounds was Longboards. Great food & very pretty scenery, it over looks the lagoons.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We take several nice vacations and this place is one of our favorites.

Ko Olina is about 30-40 minutes away from the airport. Very quiet and secluded. The opposite of Waikiki.

The grounds are just beautiful and very well maintained. The rooms are very new and spacious. My wife likes it a lot since the beach is a protected cove type of beach where the waves break way out and the beach is very calm. Our kids can play in the water without giant waves taking them down.

Like most resort hotels they charge an arm and a leg for food and drinks but you can get around that with trip to Costco that is a few miles away. There are grills on site and our room has a full kitchen so no problem keeping things cold or cooking.

The resort is really nice. If you are in Oahu go and check out the Ko Olina area and this resort along with Aulani (Disney's Resort). Great area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this property but right from the day we arrived and got to our room, the status of the hotel started to fall. My wife is a lover of the Marriott chains of hotels. I would not like to talk in detail of what happened. I wish the next time we come to Ko Olina they will make it up to us. In fact, the tours their concierge proposed went so well. The speedy Shuttle is also very effective. I was disappointed about the cancellation of the time for me to see the stars because the first day was cancelled just like the second day. With the first day the man had a personal engagement. I love this hotel and that is why I will like to come again.

Room Tip: This resort is strategically located for lovers of the beach. Rely on their Speedy Shuttle to and fr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBEFALOR
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We travel a lot and this was our 4th time to Hawaii but the first time to Oahu. I have never written a review before because I didn't feel that my experiance was extreme enough (good or bad) to write a review about it. This time I feel a review is in order. We have avoided going to Oahu because I had no desire to stay in Honolulu, when we got the opportunity to stay in Ko Olina we decided to give it a try. And I am so glad we did. The resort is wounderful. Very well equiped in the kitchen, fabulous beds and pillows (very soft and fluffy), great pools, very nice beach and lagoon. We only ate at longboards once our last night at the resort but it was very good. We bought food at safeway and ate breastfast in the condo and ate lunch and dinner out most days because we were on the go all the time and it was not covenient to come back to the resort during the day. I have read reviews about Oahu and Honolulu the have bad things to say about traffic among other things and i agree with most of them but this review is about the Marriot resort which was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Prince Waikiki
#1 of 84 in Honolulu
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#7 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!