“Wonderful Stay As Usual”

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kapolei
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful Stay As Usual”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Wonderful 8 vacation days at the Marriott Ko Olina. This is not our first time although it is our first time to trade thru Interval. Since our last time at MKO, they have added a new whole wing to the resort, complete with a huge swimming pool with hot tubs, waterfalls, caves and water slide. We booked a one-bedroom villa and upon check-in, we were given the ocean view penthouse suite in the new building. We had the view of the entire resort and endless ocean views! We had our breakfasts and dinners on the lanai every day, and we enjoyed the sunset while sipping wine from our lanai as well.

This place is well-kept and the grounds are immaculate. The entire staff is wonderful and courteous; I can’t praise them enough for their consistent great service. There are 4 lagoons to snorkel and swim in and there is a lagoon (I believe it’s lagoon 3) where the resident turtles live (I only saw one turtle but I know there were two at one point; but Lucky, the one with the missing fin, is MIA). MKO can be really quiet at night and you will need a car to get around. So if you are expecting a Waikiki experience, do not book here. This is a resort for people who want quiet relaxation in a beautiful and peaceful surrounding.

My fiancé is a Marriott Vacation Club owner and we attended the 90 min. timeshare presentation. I really fell in-love with our room; he actually ended up buying a 3br/3ba ocean view villa as an early wedding gift!! So now, we get to come back and share this beautiful place with families and friends every year. We are already planning our getaway next year!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
MVLUN
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I tried to upgrade during our check-in since I was told over the phone to proceed upgrades when checking in. I even offered to pay the difference but apparently, the Marriott was booked at 99% capacity. We had a handicapped 2 bedroom with teenagers. They had bars all around the bathrooms and showers and tub were not the most comfortable. The kitchen were not convenient either since it is for the disabled guest. I called down to asked why we were in this particular room, and I was told that the room was all they had, and I pretty much don't have a choice. What shocked me was I said..."I guess I'm pretty much screwed since I don't have anywhere else to go...", and the guest service said back to me...verbatim.."Yes, you are pretty much screwed...Mrs. ____." I was shocked, and I could only say,.."I can't believe you just told me that I was screwed..I can't believe you represent your hotel and speak to your guest in that manner" That pretty much stated my view of the Marriott Ko Olina Villas. We own a fractional residence at the Ritz Carlton Club which is managed by the Marriott Corporation, and I've stated my views and experience with the Ritz Carlton Hotel and Club. I guess I learned my lesson to never stay at any other, but the Ritz. The lagoons are great for little kids, but not when my kids are now older. The check-out was the same as the checkin. We did check out 3 days earlier when a hotel in Waikiki opened up. The front desk never asked how my stay was, but wanted to know if we are all out of the room so they can clean it for a new guest. Well enough said. Was very disappointed since we do own a property managed by the Marriott Corporation. The Guest Services Personnel should be trained a lot better to upgrade the standard.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 July 2010

A great place to stay very very very clean rooms . But the food offered at the beach food outlet has gone to the dogs from a year ago july . Come on marriott whats up with serving a compressed checken parts sandwich ,thats nasty . are waitress agreed and ask us to let the management know what we thought . when staying at this place with a kitchen we recommmend stopping at safeway or target first . the food is very high even for hawaii hot dogs are 10.75 .. we also had dinner at Chucks located on the property it was priced in the 25.00 range it was ok best to eat there tue night at 5pm so you can enjoy the entertainment. servers here heard you like the cattle tourist we are . They talk above you .the marriott on maui is very kid friendly we have a 7 year old and they remember is name from 6 monthes ago . we will go to the beach club on maui before we would ever go back to KoOlina . The Beach here is manmade but very safe for very young children no waves ...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 July 2010

All I can say is that this place is heaven on earth. My Dad and also another family member are owners. We stayed in a two bedroom two bath ocean view condo, and it was the nicest vacation that we've ever had. They keep this resort super clean and every detail is covered. First class all the way. Pools and lagoons were absolutely gorgeous. I can't say that one bad thing about this resort. The creme de la creme. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Santa Monica
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Stayed for the first time at this resort in June for 5 days with my daughter and my parents. Wonderful vacation. We reserved a 2 bedroom ocean view villa and were really happy with the accomodations. The decor and furnishings are four star, everything you need in the kitchen and really beautiful ocean views. We enjoyed the pools and lagoons so much we never left. The waterslide was a huge hit with my 7 yr old....and honestly, I thought it was pretty cool too! We dined most nights at Chucks....the fish and seafood was fantastic. The beachside restaurant also had its share of good entrees....nice place to sit and listen to the live music each night. If you're the type of vacationer that is happy settling into your resort, I wouldn't recommend renting a car....the costs of parking add up! For food, there's a great new market just a block away from the resort and you can jump on the shuttle or even walk there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This resort is superb nothing went wrong - rooms are wide and very well furbished - the gardens are absolutely well kept, swimmining pool is quite nice but too crowded - the beach just in front of the resort is much better - staff is very professional and well trained.
No trouble for parking - when I was there in 2009 they were starting works for a Walt Disney Resort pretty close to the hotel....
If you are aware that resort is about 50 minutes (more during peak hours) drive to Waikiki it's a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This place was really a nice surprise. The staff is friendly, grounds are clean and pretty, and the vibe was really nice.

Great place and easy to get around the island from here

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapolei
Waikiki
Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#5 of 84 in Honolulu
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku

Been to Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club? Share your experiences!