“Glad I live so close!”

Hana Sushi
Ranked #112 of 142 Restaurants in Kapolei
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My husband and I accidentally happened upon this restaurant when going out for sushi one evening. Boy what a great surprise! The menu is extensive especially for specialty sushi rolls. Holy cow, try: sweet caroline, california twist, crunchy, kapolei sunset. Let's just say there's always room for some Hana sushi! Hire a couple more waitresses, though! Seems like it's always the same lady manning the whole restaurant. Otherwise, amazing!!!

Reviewed 15 January 2011

Very clean facility with attentive and professional wait staff. Hana has a very extensive menu that includes somen, udon, donburi, yakiniku, tempura and many combination meals so you can have several different items affordably. Hana has the largest special roll menu I have seen this side of the island, so know that we have discovered this restaurant, I intend to go frequently. They are one of only a few places I have found on Oahu that offer baked rolls- which are very delicious! Mom-in-law enjoyed the chicken teriyaki bento, husband loved his yakiniku beef, and I devoured my Tiger Eyes roll- tempura salmon, cream cheese, jalapenos, cucumber- and another roll, can't remeber the name, with unagi, ahi, cream cheese, avacado, radish sprouts, cucumber, and a house sauce drizzled over. Would recommend!

Reviewed 6 June 2010

I've lived in Kapolei for all my life, and was so happy to see a Japanese Restaurant open up when Hana Sushi first opened what was it.... like 8 or 9 years ago? This restaurant has been around for a while now, recently the restaurant has been pretty empty I have no idea why, the economy going down is not helping at all. I would be so sad to see it close down, I just don't understand how it's not packed! The kitchen food is delicious. correct ingredients to everything makes the japanese food taste soooo RIGHT & authentic & Mmmmmmmmmm.... Miso Butterfish is about the best I ever tried anywhere & the udon broth is the BEST too. Now on to the sushi, The Maki rolls are a little on the small side but you just need to know what to order, my favorites are the Godzilla and Volcano. Their Hamachi Sashimi is DELICIOUS so so SOOO fresh and so is the SALMON soooo fresh I hope you guys can tell when fish is frozen or fresh! I wish people appreciated GOOD sushi, even though there is a wait at times since there is only one sushi chef, it's worth it to me.... No other sushi places in Kapolei uses fresh fish other than Hana. The waitresses are very nice to right when I walk in they remember me by name and seat me at my usual table. I really recommend you people try it out you won't regret it!

1  Thank KristineKapolei_HI
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I just got back from there and it's about the worst sushi place I've been to. The price was higher than average, and the service was slow. The rolls are about half the size that you'd get anyplace else. This was very disapointing, I won't be going back.

Reviewed 12 March 2006

The Best Sushi ever! This restaurant was so good that we went back three times in one week. The service was excellent and the owner personally made our sushi at lunch. We had a platter of different assortment of sushi and marinated steak, and everything was fabulous down to the miso soup! When my husband and I talk about eating sushi, we wish we were back on Oahu, so we could go back to Hana Sushi. A must try sushi spot!

3  Thank shopgirl06