“Spinning knives on FIRE!”

Polynesian Cultural Center
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Laie
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Polynesian Cultural Center is one of the most visited destinations in Hawaii! Our beautiful 42 acre park, which sits along the northeast edge of Oahu, features six distinct Polynesian villages, Hawaii, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tahiti, Tonga and Samoa. We offer numerous dining options including daily luaus which provides a delicious island themed buffet and lively entertainment. Our award winning evening show, Ha: Breath of Life features over 100 Polynesian performers, presenting a stirring tale of love, adventure, life and death and featuring championship level fireknife dancers and jaw dropping special effects. We also provide a variety of shops and kiosks offering everything from aloha inspired clothing to quality ukuleles, and island souvenirs to fine jewelry.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I think it should be mandatory for anyone visiting Oahu to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Villages were super fun and extremely educational. My vocabulary exploded from watching/interacting with the different demonstrations. I was sad that I didn't get a chance to weave a fish cause I had to line up for my luau. (Package gave me a chance to come back again for 2 more days, but I was already scheduled to fly out the next day.) But I got a tattoo! And that made me just as happy.

The evening Horizons show is AMAZING. I think I saw more dancing and fire than I've never seen in one place in my entire life. That's all I'm going to say, cuz I don't want to spoil it to everyone reading this.

Screw the Waikiki malls and consumerism - these are genuine in-depth traditions, history and culture shared by people who successfully make sure that guests know that there is more to tropical island life than stereotypical associations of pineapples, hula skirts and surfboards. Go go go!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,008)

Reviewed 20 June 2008

The Polynesian Cultural Center was an excellent way to spend the day on the Island. We took the tour which I recommend greatly. The ambassador tour. We had a small tour group of 8 to 10 people. The staff were always very warm and friendly. The tour guide was entertaining, warn and friendly. He really made me feel like I was family on the tour. These kids were are amazing. The learning of the polynesian culture was very cool. The luau was fantastic and the shows were awesome. Learned how to open a coconut, got to taste poi, and saw some fantastic dancing. Love the fire dance. Its amazing that most of the performers are college kids. Place is very family friendly, but also nice for honeymooners and anniversary celebrations.
Plan on the whole day for this place. It was well worth the money and I felt I got alot for the money. Luaus alone were going for 60 dollars per person. For 118 dollars we had the luau with entertainment, a small group tour with special treats along the way. Then an spectacular evening show. I will definately go again on my next trip over there.

1  Thank jerbear6
Reviewed 19 June 2008

My husband & I recently were in Hawaii on the island of Oahu and we visited the Polynesian Culture Centre. We were greeted & treated like royalty and we had a memorable day. Visiting each village allowed us the opportunity to slip back in time and see what it has been like to live on these various islands. We learned about their way of life, their special talents, their musical inclinations and traditions. We had a guide assigned personally to us for the entire day and she was delightful. She was very informative and very passionate about this centre and what it signifies. I would recommend that if you decide to see this wonderful attraction, that you book the Ambassador or better yet, the Super Ambassador package. With the Super Ambassador package, you get preferred seating at events, a wonderful dinner, special priviledges and your own personal guide for the day. The Horizon show at the end of the evening is spectacular and I would highly recommend that you attend this. Regardless of which package you choose, you will have a memorable day. We can't wait to return!

Reviewed 19 June 2008

My husband and I had a great time. We learned so much. The show at the end was awesome. Anyone going to Hawaii need to come here you will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed 19 June 2008

I highly recommend this place to everyone!!! It's fun, educational, interactive, very entertaining and the food is fabulous. If you want a sense of what Hawaii feels like, come here! They are friendly and make you feel like you are in paradise.