“Great Cultural Experience!”

Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Laie
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Polynesian Cultural Center is one of the most visited destinations in Hawaii! Our beautiful 42 acre park, which sits along the northeast edge of Oahu, features six distinct Polynesian villages, Hawaii, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tahiti, Tonga and Samoa. We offer numerous dining options including daily luaus which provides a delicious island themed buffet and lively entertainment. Our award winning evening show, Ha: Breath of Life features over 100 Polynesian performers, presenting a stirring tale of love, adventure, life and death and featuring championship level fireknife dancers and jaw dropping special effects. We also provide a variety of shops and kiosks offering everything from aloha inspired clothing to quality ukuleles, and island souvenirs to fine jewelry.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 August 2008

My wife and I went here during our honeymoon and I'd have to say that it was definitely a cool experience! The price is definitely up there, but I'd have to say that it was well worth it for they keep you entertained for a full day. They start off the day at noon and the entertainment goes until 9:30 PM. We would recommend purchasing the Luau, Ambassador Package, for they give you a guided tour and a Hawaiian buffet. The food was good and much different than in the states. The night ends with a great performance from all the Polynesian islands. The best part is the fire dancers. We noticed that if you book through an Activity Center as opposed to them directly, you can save some money.

Pros: Good food, great cultural experience and education. Overall fun and entertaining.

Cons: The schedule may be a little too long for some. It's kinda far from Waikiki.

Reviewed 22 August 2008

My family had a great time at the Cultural Center. We learned a lot about the Villages and even participated in several shows. We shelled out the extra money for the Super Ambassador Package and I have to say when I visit again I will only purchase that package. The package is well worth the money. You get your very own personal tour guide that shows you around all day until the Horizons Show. Some of the other extras - Reserved seating at all the Island Demonstrations, Special Canoe Tour, Reserved Seats at the IMAX movie, Special Shell Lei, Fine Dining w/ Reserved Seats at the Lulu, VIP Seating at the Horizons Night Show, pre show backstage tour, free deelight dessert during intermission and a few souvenir videos w/ programs. Kap is a very entertaining fire warrior and keeps every show that he is in very interesting. I can't say enough good things about visiting the center. It was a whole fun packed day. I will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2008

We had an okay experience. We got there later in the day and things were closing down. The park is divided into the different islands of Polynesia. If there is not demonstration or show going on at the island then there is nothing to see there. Make sure you plan out your day there to see the shows, otherwise it is a waste of time and money. The horizon's show is interesting and worth the money. THe buffet was not. Your better off going to the snack bar and getting a burger. If you can, go to one the luau's, they were sold out by the time we got there. The center is run by Mormons so the dress of the performers is quite conservative for hula dancers and there is no alcohol served. All the employees and performers were college students, probably from the BYU campus next door to the cultural center. If you want a real authentic luau on the beach, look elsewhere, however this was quite interesting.

Reviewed 9 August 2008

My family had the time of our lives. It was such a blast. The people were all so nice & you could feel the place has a special spirit about it. It was so relaxing & entertaining. I was glad to give my children a taste of other cultures. This place is worth every penny. The Samoan show was especially great with Kap Tafiti. He was so funny & after everyone left he just sat & talked with us for a while. My little girl absolutely fell in love with him. Then the night show came. It was so fun & entertaining & then Kap came out with his fire knife. WOW! You have to see this. If you have never seen it before go to YouTube. My little boy wants to learn how to do it so bad. At the end of the night as we were walking out of the PCC Kap was there again for pictures & to buy his art. It was fun to get a family picture with him & to buy some of his art. He's an amazing artist. Next time we are in Hawaii we will go back to the PCC for sure! Especially to see Kap again. You won't want to miss this opportunity especially if you have little kids.

1  Thank TyWilde
Reviewed 2 August 2008

My family had a great experience at the Polynesian Cultural Center. We reserved our tickets through their website (at the time there was an additional 5% discount if you fill out their short survey). We got the full day ticket with the luau. If you notice, the difference is only about $25 for adults - well worth it for a great luau dinner. The center was fun for our whole group (age range 8 - 61). We got there in time for the canoe pageant at 2:30 and then quickly explored all of the island villages before our luau dinner at 5. We would have liked more time to explore, so I would get there as early as you can (they open at noon). The night show after the luau dinner was phenomenal. The ticket prices are kindof high, but this attraction is well worth it.

1  Thank pennst8rs