“Get in Line: It's Worth the Wait”
Review of Paalaa Kai Bakery

Paalaa Kai Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Waialua
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Clearwater, Florida
“Get in Line: It's Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This little bakery is unassuming and we wouldn't have found it were it not for the line of locals patiently waiting outside for their turn at the counter. Inside is a hectic pace of fast orders and rapidly disappearing bakery items from the shelves and refrigerated display cabinets. Boxes of pre-packaged, best sellers baked earlier in the day line the tables behind the counter insuring that most people will leave satisfied. The ingredients are fresh, the bakery goods are delicious, and the premises clean -- but old. What I liked best was the selection of bakery goods I had not seen before, many unique to the island and Asian and Polynesian influenced. What I liked least was that after getting to the front of the line there was pressure to order quickly (to accommodate the people waiting behind you) and relatively little time to ask questions about the many items displayed. It's an adventure in ordering -- and worth the discovery.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Jazzdat

Honolulu
“Snow puffies are downright delicious!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Always make a special trip to Waialua just to buy snow puffies and stop by the store next door for fried chicken and spam musubi! Best meal in Waialua, all reasonably priced! Snow puffies are a light puff pastry filled with custard cream and drizzled with chocolate on top. Not sweet or overbearing, it is a delight to eat! The bakery makes it throughout the day so you can go in the evening and the bakery still has some in the refrigerated section. All the pastries and donuts are delicious and priced right. You can't find puffies as good as this anywhere else in Hawaii! Worth the drive to the North Shore!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank chocokiss50
“Snow Puffies Sent From Heaven!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

A few months ago, I went to visit my sister who works at Waialua Elementary, but wanted to get a bite to eat so asked her for places that she could recommend nearby. Paalakai Store has great bento style foods and the bakery next door has killer pastries she said. Since then, we have traveled across the island six times to fill our needs like good pastry addicts should! The Snow Puffies are scrumptiously assembled desserts filled with unreal pudding that is to die for! No kidding, it is as advertised! Oh, but don't go there too late as they often sell out, as we sadly discovered on our third trip back! One more bonus - there's a 50% discount the last hour of business from 6-7pm!

2 Thank Elnakaz1
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Due to the rainy weather, outdoor activities were not permitted today. Therefore, we loaded up the dogs and set out for a ride around the island. Eventually, we found ourselves nearing Haleiwa and Paalaa Kai Bakery came to mind.

We just had to get some Snow Puffies and a few other goodies. Again, no surprises here. The delicious Snow Puffies were filled with the most scrumptious Pastery Creme my tongue ever tasted. A smooth, creamy, rich and not to sweet pudding like substance just did it's dance in my mouth. I was in a wonderland of Snow Puffies as far as my closed eyes could see! lol!

We also got some Malasadas, Ensemadas, Apple Turnovers, Croissants.....I mean everything is good here! No exaggeration here either! I guess that's why it's really busy here, no matter what time you show up.

I recommend Paalaa Kai Bakery to anyone who has a yen for some delicious treats!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank bikerwoo
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Good family owned bakery”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very good family owned bakery that specializes in Hawaiian baked goods. I was looking for European style bread and they did not make them, otherwise I would have given them a higher rating.

• Visited January 2014