“Awesome interactive experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wild Side Specialty Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Waianae
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: #1 Best whale watching, swimming with dolphins and snorkeling tour on Oahu, and deemed one of the top 5 whale-watching tours in America! Bucket-list marine wildlife encounters since 1996. More than just seeing amazing and indigenous creatures, deep connections and a true sense of place are gained. Six to ten passenger charters (two boats) with published marine-biologist, guest adventures are maximized to blend with wildlife conservation. Whale watching and swimming with wild dolphins year-round, charters include guided snorkeling tours over sea turtle reefs on Oahu's wild west side. Awarded Hawaii Ecotourism Associations' Sustainable Tourism Certificate, Wild Side is an internationally recognized marine tours company conducting environmentally responsible marine interactions. They aggressively participate in environmental protection through education and action, and promote sustainable travel and donate part of its revenue to the Wild Dolphin Foundation dedicated to marine conservation and education, regulatory reform, and research.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Kennewick, Washington
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Awesome interactive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spend the extra money for this wild life experience. It was clear as soon as we left the harbor our operator was better than the others. Wild Side only takes small groups. Elizabeth taught us how to interact with the wild life, not chase. We also interacted with dolphins, sea turtles and fish at a different locations.

Things to note - Not complaints, just FYI:
We did a lot of swimming most of the time was in the water.
This is an interactive tour, it requires following directions and listening.
Your money is not spent on food and booze, there is a light lunch and no alcohol. If you are looking for pampering this isn't it.
The marina is a ways out of Honolulu. It is best to drive, but the bus is an option.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank debrueg

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Despite a smal hickup with our reservation we were very pleased with this tour.
Nice employees, small party, beautiful dolphins roaming around in the deep, turtles at the spa... The experience was magic and worth every cent

3 Thank Håkon H
San Diego, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An Amazing Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I did the Best of the West Tour and it was Amazing. There were 6 of us and 3 crew. Elizabeth was so knowledgeable and taught us so much about dolphin natural behavior. Between Elizabeth, Sophia and Tori, they were able to make sure we were safe, comfortable and most important able to have the experience of a lifetime !

Our goal was to swim with dolphins and see turtles. We got plenty of both !! Tori guided the boat to the perfect areas for us to experience multiple pods of dolphins. They were able to guide and place us in the perfect positions so that dolphins were all around us !! they swam along side us, under us and jumped/spun around us !! It was incredible !!

They also took us to a turtle "cleaning station" where there were several turtles hanging out and swimming around. Another amazing highlight of the trip !

2 Thank gksandiego
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Amazing Dolphin Excursion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

What an amazing day I had out on the water! There is no way to truly explain what it meant to me to swim so near to wild dolphins. Really a dream come true for me. Tori, Sophia and Elizabeth were lovely and fun. I felt welcome and at ease as soon as I was on board. The reason I chose this tour was the small group size for Best of the West, 6 passengers max, and on my trip there were only two other passengers. I don't do well on boats with huge groups, especially if you are getting in and out of the water like we did. There were some very big operators in the vicinity and I was so glad I went with Wild Side. If you are looking for quality and a more personal experience, this is your choice. I visit Hawaii regularly and this is going to be my 'must do' every trip. Also, quite possibly the best chicken salad sandwich I've ever eaten! Mahalo!!

2 Thank world_in_my_eyes
Austin, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best of the West Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went on the Best of the West Tour on 6/12/14. There were 6 in our party. It was very professionally ran from the beginning to the end. Everything was taking care of once we got to the boat. The tour is tailor made to what you want to go and see. We followed bottlenose dolphins for about 30 minutes and then went snorkeling in which we saw numerous reef fish and turtles. On our way back to the marina we swam with a pod of 30-40 spinner dolphins. That was the highlight of the trip. Would definitely do it again.

1 Thank jbcarter14