WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW.
We rented this condo on the spur of the moment.
Our concerns upon looking at Makaha were safety, as Makaha was negatively portrayed. Well, we were pleasantly surprised. Though cautious driving there (it was 10:30 pm), the surrounding area is simply locals. I did not feel at all unsafe in Makaha. We are smart about travel, do not walk in unfamiliar areas at night. Simple common sense safety that I use in Chicago.
The condo complex is WONDERFUL. Simply WONDERFUL. The rules are posted. However, they are rules to make the place enjoyable and we did not have issue with them (quiet in halls during night hours, do not leave items in hallways, rinse sand off feet before going in common areas). The lot, building and beach are VERY secure.
1. The Unit- Others on the beach had “older, shabbier units”. Completely updated with tile, top end stainless appliances, washer/dryer, GREAT furniture, and an insanely comfy bed. Two large screen TVs and every amenity that one could want. everything from beach chairs, boogie boards, beach towels, noodles and a cooler We have rented MANY places on VRBO. This was one of our best finds EVER.
2. Quiet–Our unit, no AC running most days due to the lovely winds, had only one loud noise….the pounding surf. AMAZING. And I am a terribly light sleeper.
3. Location-We were in Honolulu for almost three weeks. I would NEVER go back to stay. It is loud, crowded and would be great if I were 25 years old.
BBQ grills, full kitchen and insane view from our balcony made us NOT want to leave the unit. The location was PERFECT for us. After spending a day on the north shore, I am SO happy that we found This place. The north shore is CROWDED and had traffic jams. Yuck!
4. Older Clientele-We are 45-50, and fit in wonderfully. This is not a place for small kids.This place was filled with mature (quiet!) people.
5. Beach-We were at several beaches in Honolulu and in Waikiki. We toured the north shore and the windward side. Not one beach was better than ours, and ours was EMPTY. The rest were crowded.
6. The Pool–The pool was cleaned DAILY and was spotless. I am freak about pools. This was spotless and empty!
1.If you are looking to party loud nightly, not your place.
2.If you are looking for tons of 5* restaurants, go elsewhere.
3.If you have loud kids, go elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Princess Hotel Waianae
- Hawaiian Princess Resort Hawaii/Waianae, Oahu