“Will definitely stay here again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals
“Will definitely stay here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Customer Experience: Excellent communications with Herlinda. She is very professional and organized.

The place itself: It looks better than the photos on trip advisor - very modern and clean, and I stayed at the Garden Suite and had a quiet and restful time, the beach is literally a 3 minute stroll from the place. The Waimanalo Beach is gorgeous and peaceful, not very crowded.

Access to washer and dryer, and kitchen suppliers - just like living in Hawaii.

I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Hawaii.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
St. John's, Newfoundland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our six night stay at the property was consistent with expectations set by other reviews (stayed in the Zen cottage). The accommodations were perfect and the location ideal (both for the beach and for sites up and down the coast). Would strongly advise a stay here if one wants to avoid the craziness and congestion of Honolulu and many of the less-attentive properties around the island.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RAKlein
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We enjoyed our time at Herlinda's. Our room was very clean and cozy and the grounds are beautiful. I loved that we had access to a washer dryer, and kitchen supplies.
I enjoyed how quiet and restful it was here. We would stay here again in a heart beat. With hotel rooms the hallways get loud and it is hard to get good night sleep. Not the case here. I really appreciated the list of must see activities that Herlinda put together, it was very

• Stayed March 2013
Weatogue, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I had the wonderful experience of staying at Hale 'Nalo in January after a busy conference in Honolulu. I couldn't stay on Oahu long, but wanted a few days of rest and relaxation near the beach. Everything was perfect at Hale 'Nalo. My accommodations were lovely and the garden spectacular. I loved hearing the birds in the morning and that I was only steps away from the most gorgeous beach ever imagined. I cannot thank Herlinda (and Sophie) enough for the warm hospitality. I hope to come back soon and bring my husband and just enjoy. Thank you, Herlinda, for a great mini-vacation. Liz

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent 9 night in Oahu, Hawaii. We decided to split our trip with 4 night in Waikiki and 5 nights in Waimanalo. We were advised that Waikiki was very busy and decided to spend the later part of our vacation in a more secluded area of Oahu and Hale Nalo made it happen! HN is located on the east shore (the windy side) and allows for a reasonable drive to enjoy the North Shore but is close enough to hit some sights near Waikiki if youre interested. We highly recommend the HN for its great location to so many hikes and the best beaches in Oahu. A fifty yard walk off the property puts you on a near secluded beach with amazingly soft sand and clean calm water.

The residence is very clean and has all the amenities for staying in a few nights and cooking. Entire room and informal lobby was crisp and inviting. They have a few books in the lobby that helped plan a few adventures and learn some Oahu history. Hanauma Bay is very close and just grab a snorkel and fins that are just outside your room lobby. A 5 minute drive gets you to Makapua Lookout for an easy hike and beautiful sunrise which we enjoyed twice! Herlinda was very helpful and accommodating during every interaction. She also allowed us to check in a bit late after our adventure up the north shore took longer than expected(Hawaii time right?). The washer and dryer were perfect and made our light packing no problem. As young travelers we rarely stay in the same place twice but we would definitely consider the HN again.

Security is always on my mind when traveling and having a fenced in parking area made us feel very safe.

If you have back problems or you are a sensitive sleeper the mattress may not be for you.

Give HN a shot and you will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Rian C
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Here we are awaiting our departure from Honolulu. We regret having to leave, but before I go, I just have to share the following! My husband and I just spent five glorious nights here! This was our first visit to Hawaii. After spending five days in Waikiki, we looked forward to the quiet simplicity of Waimanalo. From the moment Herlinda greeted us at the gate, we knew our stay at Hale Nalo in the Zen treehouse would be all we hoped it would be! As other reviews have mentioned, it was pure bliss waking up to the sounds of the ocean and the melodious birds outside of our windows. We found the Zen to be exactly what we wanted - perfectly appointed, spotless, and spacious. With palms and guava trees off one lanai, and the mountains off the other, we felt as though we were truly in our very own treehouse - isolated from the world! We applaud Herlinda's approach to keep Hale Nalo as a quiet retreat. In talking to other guests we met during our stay, we all agreed that her emphasis on trying to keep Hale Nalo as tranquil and as low traffic as possible, creates the atmosphere we were all looking for! I cannot speak for the other rooms, but the kitchen facilities in the treehouse were ideal for self-catering many of our own meals. This made our get away even more low key to where we didn't have to leave our "nest" for a full day or two. The beach is a mere hundred yards away so the surf lulled us to sleep each night....
What makes this all work so perfectly well is Herlinda's warm and hospitable personality! Her attention to detail left us wanting for nothing! We cannot wait for our next visit to Hale Nalo and to see Herlinda!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved staying here! It was the perfect antidote to Waikiki! Our room was more spacious and airy feeling than expected, impeccably clean and just steps from a beautiful beach. We could hear the surf at night and birdsong by day and loved looking out onto the sweet gardens. Herlinda is a great host and her recommendations (especially breakfast!!) were spot on. This part of oahu's windward coast has a great vibe and we thoroughly enjoyed our entire stay! Mahalo!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimanalo
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#4 of 84 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,728 reviews

Been to Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals? Share your experiences!