“A True Hawaiian Get Away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our 1st visit to Hale Nalo was in June 2010. Our 2nd visit was this past April 2013. From the moment we left from our 1st visit we could not stop talking about this place! Hale Nalo feels like home. Our Hostess Herlinda, is so welcoming she treats my husband and I like ohana (family). The grounds are beautiful, a wonderful backyard to relax, clean and equiped with a BBQ and beach necessities are all provided. The rooms are clean, airy with vaulted ceilings, quiet and basic necessities are again provided. No shortage of privacy. Safe area.

Waimanalo Beach is literally steps away! I saw my first honu (turtle) swimming in the ocean here! There are plenty of eateries in the area as well. And only 10 minutes away from Kailua. Herlinda does provide a wonderful directory to local business.

If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and Honolulu - this is the place to do it! There is no place like Hale Nalo and NOTHING can compare - it is truly paradise. Simply one of the best that Hawaii has to offer. We can not wait to go back for our 3rd visit! Thank you again Herlinda and Sophie!

There are newer reviews for Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I were long overdue for a vacation and were lucky enough to find Hale 'Nalo! We had reserved a garden room, and they were both very nice - however, the Zen treehouse was open and we decided to upgrade and were thrilled we did. What an awesome suite - roomy, cozy, great bathroom, two decks, walk in shower and an amazingly comfortable bed. It was just the R&R we were looking for, and it was SO close to the beach - one of my favorites for body surfing. Sunrises were beautiful out the bedroom window. The yard was perfect for practicing Yoga. And, Sophie, Herlinda's dog, just might be the sweetest dog ever!!

Herlinda was a wonderful hostess - stayed out of the way and was quiet as a mouse. However, we wanted to chat and hear about her world travels - so we arranged that and it was wonderful. Fascinating, friendly lady! I read the reviews before we booked, and thought they might be too good to be true....but in fact, they are true! This place is wonderful. I'm going back....maybe I will see you there?!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

If you are looking for a glitzy vacation in a hi-rise hotel with service staff available for every desire, this place is not for you. If you are looking for a location "at the center of it all," this place is not for you. If you are looking for a Disney-esque vacation spot to bring your kids, this place is not for you.

I didn't want any of that. I wanted privacy, a taste of the real Hawaiian lifestyle, and a well-appointed, quiet room away from the bustle of the city where I could work, study, and enjoy a few days off. I got all that and more in my 4 nights at Hale Nalo.

I can't express my satisfaction adequately in a review. Herlinda greeted me at the gate and gave me the briefest introduction to the room - perfect since I'd just flown 8 hours and wasn't at my best. The sign of a great innkeeper is knowing when to leave you alone.

Authentic Hawaiian food may be found at Sweet Home Waimanalo and L&L Barbeque, and many other establishments. I don't think anywhere in Waikiki is remotely similar. This is what Hawai'i should be.

I didn't use it even once, but there is a TV with cable service and a DVD player. The room includes a full kitchen, which I did use frequently (read the instructions for the induction hotplate - it really works well!), and the most comfortable bed - I haven't slept so well in years. I was impressed with Herlinda's commitment to the environment - hybrid car, solar panels, instructions for recycling, and natural products throughout.

I didn't take any time off work to come here, so I was up at 3AM the first two mornings, working until 11AM. The Wi-fi was flawless and fast. After that, a little lunch and I was off to my scuba diving sessions to prepare for my Open Water certification. If you've done it, you know how much studying is involved. Hale Nalo was the perfect setting for that - birds, breeze, no interruptions.

I am giving Hale Nalo 5 stars in every category. I don't do this lightly, but I feel Herlinda has earned this and I hope you will decide to book at Hale Nalo and experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: I would recommend The Zen Treehouse.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Herlinda was a fantastic host.

These accommodations were fantastic and far exceeded our expectations. Room was large, spacious and had beautiful gardens just out side the screen door. Everything you could need was at your fingertips! Snorkel gear, towels, boogie boards and beach chairs. There was even fresh coffee beans and a grinder waiting for us :)

Two highlights at Hale Nalo were the beach and "Sweet Home Waimanelo"

The beach was by far was the nicest beach in Oahu. We spent one afternoon at the beach and we were the only ones there - excluding the sea turtle who swam by to check up on us!

Definitely check out Sweet home Waimanalo just at the top of the street. The best and healthiest breakfast burrito we've ever had! Delicious smoothies and great local foods. (think Fresh restaurants from Toronto!)

If we every make it back to Oahu we won't stay anywhere else!

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Customer Experience: Excellent communications with Herlinda. She is very professional and organized.

The place itself: It looks better than the photos on trip advisor - very modern and clean, and I stayed at the Garden Suite and had a quiet and restful time, the beach is literally a 3 minute stroll from the place. The Waimanalo Beach is gorgeous and peaceful, not very crowded.

Access to washer and dryer, and kitchen suppliers - just like living in Hawaii.

I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Hawaii.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our six night stay at the property was consistent with expectations set by other reviews (stayed in the Zen cottage). The accommodations were perfect and the location ideal (both for the beach and for sites up and down the coast). Would strongly advise a stay here if one wants to avoid the craziness and congestion of Honolulu and many of the less-attentive properties around the island.

1  Thank RAKlein
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We enjoyed our time at Herlinda's. Our room was very clean and cozy and the grounds are beautiful. I loved that we had access to a washer dryer, and kitchen supplies.
I enjoyed how quiet and restful it was here. We would stay here again in a heart beat. With hotel rooms the hallways get loud and it is hard to get good night sleep. Not the case here. I really appreciated the list of must see activities that Herlinda put together, it was very

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimanalo
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Courtyard by Marriott Oahu North Shore
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Prince Waikiki
Prince Waikiki
#1 of 84 in Honolulu
The Kahala Hotel & Resort
Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii

Been to Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals? Share your experiences!