“Relaxing and glorious!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals
Spokane
“Relaxing and glorious!”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My husband and I picked Hale Nalo having never been to Hawaii. We chose Oahu as the island of choice because it seemed to have the most going on. Nature and nightlife. When I continued to read reviews on where to stay on the island I noticed a bunch of reviews claimed that Waikiki was more like Vegas than the Hawaii we see on TV. They were right on! If I wanted Vegas I would go there. So I searched for a place out of the tourist trap. I looked for a vacation rental but wanted to be taken care of a little more than that. I looked at hotels but they all seemed to lack the down home Hawaii I wanted to experience. We were staying for 8 days so I needed something within a budget too. Under $200 and still nice was my requirement. I wanted it to be on the beach but that type of lodging costs you. After two weeks of searching (literally) I found the website for Hale Nalo. WOW, The pictures are very true to what you get. Personally I think it's better. You can hear the waves at night, you can hear birds in the morning and I counted 70 little steps to the amazing beach! Gorgeous and clean with no crowds at this beach! I have a friend who lived in Hawaii and Waimanalo is the town to stay in if you want to be outside the hustle and bustle of the big city but still close enough to visit it. We drove maybe 30 minutes to get to Honolulu, and what a drive! Lovely views the whole way whether you take Pali Highway or the coastal route. The room was clean and I loved the decor. Herlinda is the host and she does a perfect job of being there if you need her but also being laid back if you don't. It's the best of both Hotel and Bed and Breakfast styles! We got to see the Tree house suite which is amazing! It was booked for the time we were there but Herlinda gave a quick tour in case we were able to book it the next time we come back. Which we will!!!! I feel so blessed that we found such great lodging our first stay in Hawaii thanks to Herlinda and Hale Nalo!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neverrelaxed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I travel a lot and when I get the chance to get away from the beaten track I take it. I was working and needed the best rest possible to stay focused on the critical task. Hale Nalo was exactly what I was looking for. Quiet, homey and welcoming. I felt comfortable the first night and slept well that evening which in not the case many times in a different environment.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank equipdoc
Winter Park, FL
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Mahalo to Herlinda and the Hale 'Nalo! We truly enjoyed our stay in the Makai suite while on Oahu. We had spent a couple of days in Waikiki, and it was a pleasure to get away from the crowds and activity. Each night we were treated to the sound of the breeze and the ocean and it was very peaceful. And every recommendation Herlinda made- whether it was for food or for activities- were excellent. Boots and Kimos for breakfast in Kailua was da' best!. We will certainly return on our next trip.

1 Thank MariJ77
Yakima
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Our stay at Hale Nalo was everything we hoped for. It was surprisingly quiet even though it was part of a neigborhood. We wanted to avoid Honolulu but still get the Hawaii experience. Close to Kailua (5 minutes) so we had fun restaurants and shopping. Less than 5 minute walk to the beach and close to many other wonderful beaches. Honolulu was 30 minutes away so we still went in there frequently but were able to return to our quiet room at night. This was a wonderful location for us. Herlinda is a fantastic host. Has lots of good suggestions and info on the area. Very protective of her guests and wanting them to have the best experience. Thanks Herlinda.

1 Thank YakimaBridget
kansas
Reviewed 5 April 2010

My husband and I just stayed a week in the garden suite at Hale Nalo and it was the best ever! We were in Oahu celebrating our 4 year wedding ann. and taking some time away for just the two of us. We were in heaven when we arrived to see everything was so beautiful and specialized. We had great food at Lucy's and Los Garcia's, watched amazing sunrises and sunsets everyday, and slept peacefully every night in the most comfortable bed away from home. Herlinda made welcomed us with open arms and made us feel right at home. This is the best place to stay when in Oahu and you don't have to deal with crowded streets and noisy neighbors.

1 Thank KansasBaseballfans
Monterey, California
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We stayed in the Zen Tree House for a week and it was everything and MORE than expected. The Tree House is very nice and the decor calms the spirit. Kitchen is well equipped with everything...we even grilled on the gas grill a few nights and used the fantastic rice steamer! The bed is wonderful after a long day of hiking or swimming! I'm a bed snob and this was well done by Herlinda! No one really talks about the shower much in this place, but it's a river rock shower with amazing water pressure and views of lush tropical foliage/trees...nothing compares to a shower here! The location is perfect to get anywhere around the island and for the price, you would be crazy to stay anywhere else. Very private, calm, and stress free place...just sounds of birds and the crashing waves! Visit nearby Whole Foods for your Grindz (foods)...what a treat to support local farmers and producers! Thanks Herlinda for sharing your spirit with us!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LarryLifter
santa cruz, california
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Absolutely should not be missed! Comfortable residential neighborhood with spirit of old Hawaii. Beach and water take your breath away and you can walk for hours! Beach parks are close by as well. Rooms decorated with warm and inviting colors, have everything you could need, thoughtfully planned, garden full of songbirds, perfect kitchenette, beach equipment at your fingertips, washer and dryer, safe parking, sweet "common" room and incredible upstairs sweet. (We didn't stay in the suite but had the opportunity to view it) Close enough to go to Kailua and North Shore very easily or to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling or over the pali to Honolulu for the busy entertainment! Sweet local food close by in walking distance. Friendly local people. But the most beautiful part of all of this experience was Helinda's warm and welcoming spirit that makes you feel like you have a new home away from home! Genuine hospitality cannot be learned and is such a treat to experience. Herlinda's friendly and helpful suggestions and her enthusiasm and stories were truly so enjoyable! We will definitely return just as soon as we can!!

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ottrone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimanalo
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#7 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Hale 'Nalo Beach Rentals? Share your experiences!