“Relaxing Hawaii” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waimanalo Beach Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimanalo
Waimanalo Beach Cottages
New Bern
“Relaxing Hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I enjoyed staying at Waimanalo Beach Cottages because they were relaxing, near HPU and felt like home. All the amenities were provided, just brought swim suit and food. Steps from a very nice beach, no noise, just serene views. Next time I will stay through a Sunday so I can visit the nearby Polo Grounds. Owned by native Hawaiian family- Mahalo!

Room Tip: If you need air conditioning, request when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank fashionistalisa10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for freshman check-in at HPU. Close to windward campus. Beds/sheets/ towels nice. Dishes/pots just what we needed. Walking distance to Bobby's Market, if they don't have it, you don't need it. Tommy, great job. Congratulations. Thank you. See you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Onewest
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the Beach Cottages with my partner last year for a relatives wedding in June 2012. We stayed here for 7 nights with most of the family booking out the whole complex. The cottages were perfect and all of the cottages had the special touches. We had an extra large living area space and separate bedroom area. It was within walking distance of crystal blue beaches and far enough for a nice chilled vacation. We hired a rental car which made it easy to get around. Greg was very welcoming and really made you feel at home. Would definitely come back, however only criticism is, it was a tad pricey for a cottage. If you are going as a couple than its great but if you are going as a large group and don't mind the company, you're probably better off hiring a house. Although, I can say we enjoyed the private time we had at the Waimanalo Beach Cottages.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Irene S
Oakdale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

My fiance and I wanted to take a babymoon and just relax before all the hustle and bustle of a newborn. After looking at vacation rentals on Oahu, I settled on this one as it was off the beaten path and seemed tranquil. Boy was I right!
I had been in cotact witht he owner Andrea via email on several occasions prior to arriving. I had many questions and a few requests. All were met with a quick response and an Aloha. She was very helpful in providing information and also provided us with beach chairs and a cooler for our stay. I was even able to have a package of Sherri's Berrie's delivered there for my fiance's birthday.
The cottage was easy to get to from the airport and very close to many eateries and stores. We shopped at a Safeway in Kailua after we arrived and picked up everything we wanted for the week. The kitchen in the cottage is very well equipped with dinnerware, pans, toaster, blender, rice cooker, coffee maker. My only suggestion would be to take your own foil as there is no pan for the oven (I made pizza) and sandwich bags for snacks and such. Paper towels, dish soap, and salt and pepper were there at the cottage. I brought my own sponge to wash dishes also. The fridge is full sized and I was able to stock it well with a weeks worth of groceries.
We rented Cottage #1 and were not disapointed. From the window next to the bed, you can see the ocean and I spent many mornings reading while the sun came up. Very peaceful. We also left the window cracked at night and the sounds of the waves was very nice. I miss that!
From the cottage you walk out to the parking lot and a walk past the house next to the cottages and the walkway to the beach is right there. Once you see the beach and the solitude of it, you will not regret renting here. We spent several days just lounging on the beach in our chairs, on the sand and playing in the surf while listening to music. On any given day I say the most people I saw walk by us was possibly 2-3. We were never accompanied by anyone on the beach which made it even more perfect.
The town of Waimanalo was close enough for us to do the touristy thing if you want and don't mind driving about 30-45 mins. I highly recommend renting a car, that way you are not worried about time frames, etc. We went to the Arizona Memorial one day and the Dole Plantation/Sunset beach the next. We visited bakeries along the way and were always treated well. Kailua is just up the highway from the cottage and access to go watch a movie, grab a bite to eat, or window shop was simple. If you have the Yelp app it helps too. We were able to find hole in the wall eateries which were relatively inexpensive and delicious.
If you are staying on Oahu, I would recommend staying here. It is a far cry from the over-populated, somewhat dirty, hustle and bustle of Waikiki/Honolulu. If you don't mind driving, making your own pace around the island and being a bit adventurous, then this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Cottage #1 is the only studio/1 bedroom with a view of the ocean. The second story rental has a pat...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lilone7
Brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

I enquired with this property for a 2 night stay for myself and my wheelchair bound husband. The response I got was "Sorry 6 night minimum". We are spending a little over 2 weeks in Hawaii in August and could have easily accommodated rearrangeing our stay to do this. However, there was no "thank you for your enquiry" there was no personal interest and no sales or customer service at all. The property did not answer my question about wheelchair accessibility either. I have had to send them another email to have that question answered. There is also nothing on their website regarding a six night minimum.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank roseekell
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We loved the cottages! They were perfect for getting our small destination wedding guests together. They were very quaint, cozy, and homey! Tommy and Greg were amazing with everything, from making sure the guests were comfortable, giving us advice on where to eat, and ensuring the wedding day went off without a hitch! Thanks for everything! We can't wait to get the photos from Tommy!!!

Room Tip: We (bride & groom) stayed in cottage 1, right by the beach... could hear the ocean every night...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelleef7
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We recently spent 4 nights here in cottage #1. The location of the cottages is hard to beat. Located right beside Waimanalo Beach, which is one of the most beautiful beaches we saw on our trip. Our little bachelor cottage had a partial view of the ocean, and suited our needs perfectly, as we really weren't there to spend much time in the cottage. We fell asleep each night to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and had a lovely breeze coming in 24/7. Check out the videos on their website to pick your cottage. The owner Andrea was very accommodating to all of our questions when making the booking. We didn't get to meet her, but all of my interactions via phone and email were polite and friendly. The cottage was clean and stocked with the basics in terms of utensils and dishes. Lots of towels provided, as well as beach towels, which was great. It was pretty quiet while we were here, I think there were a couple other guests besides our group, but we rarely saw anyone.
Last thought - for children, the swimming is better closer to the other end of the beach, by the park. It seems to be a little less wavy over that side, and lots more beach for setting out towels, chairs etc. But we really enjoyed being on the quieter end of the beach. It felt like our private beach!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank RHEbride
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimanalo
Waikiki
The Modern Honolulu
The Modern Honolulu
#4 of 84 in Honolulu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,723 reviews

Been to Waimanalo Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!