“A bit above average...”

Dining options: Breakfast
San Diego, California
“A bit above average...”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Three of us drove over to the eastern side of Oahu to find one of Guy's triple D restaurants. This was the first one we found. A small place next to McD's. Parking around the corner. Outdoor seating only and half of it in the hot sun. You go inside, order at the counter, and they bring the food to you outside. Friendly, young ladies at the register. We ordered the pulled pork sandwich, a green salad (sweet home something), and I had the beef brisket sandwich. The sandwiches were really good. The sides, bok choy slaw and field greens, were really good too. We had some refreshing teas that were tasty after a drive in the hot sun (convertible). I particularly liked the hibiscus lemonade. REAL tasty. Gotta try it. I was disappointed to see the salad come out in a plastic container (pre-made), but my friend says it was fresh although the vinaigrette was so-so.
Nice to see Guy's mug up on the wall as proof he was there. :)
Seating is tight outside so make sure you have a place to sit before you order. BTW, a clean bathroom is on the back side of the building.
On to the next spot…..
Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great food!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Got the Kalua pork bowl with brown rice, bbq sandwich, and acai smoothie. All were really tasty! I'm not much of a fan of brown rice but the way they made it, was very good. Love their drive of local, healthy but very delicious food. The people there were nice too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Geat little shack outside of Bellows AFS”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the Bellows AFS and found this place right next door. We found it on our last day there and I wish we had known about it sooner. We would have eaten here several times. Just a little red shack serving up great food. I had the brisket meal and it was great. My wife had the fish tacos and they were her favorite on Oahu (she LOVES fish tacos). The drinks there are made fresh and were incredible. I could have started every day out there with one of their Arnold Palmer's. I plan on vacationing again at Bellows and will be back.

Portland, Oregon
“Excellent food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant. The food is great and the staff are friendly. Very relaxed outdoor seating for meal. Kind of a hole in the wall.

Consett
“Best lunch ever !!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

When you visit Hawaii and you decide to eat out the one golden rule you should have is never judge a place by the way it looks ! In fact the more shed like it looks the better your chances of the best meal you'll ever have!! This place is exactly that.
We've been coming to this place for 3 years, every time we stay here and go to waimanalo beach, it is religion to have lunch there afterwards.
Everything is locally sourced produce and made there. I absolutely I've their homemade lemonade and in particular the hibiscus lemonade. Sooo refreshing. Love the koloa pulled pork sandwich with slaw and my weakness is the Acai bowl.........love it, heaven in a bowl filled with loads of fruit, granola, yogurt, banana and honey. Just what you need after a session on the beach.
Will always be back !!