“Delicious”
Review of Sweet Home Waimanalo - CLOSED

Sweet Home Waimanalo
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
“Delicious”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

If you are driving through Waimanalo, this is an essential stop. The best healthy local Hawaiian eats you'll find on Oahu. Their fresh and organic plate lunches and acai bowls cannot be beat.

Los Angeles, California
“Amaze-balls!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We didn't stay in Waimanalo long enough to try everything on the menu, but in 7 days, I gave it my best shot :) Everything was delicious! The food is fresh, made-to-order and the staff were always happy. I miss this joint!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank eosh_the_flyer
Houston, Texas
“No sign, but don't miss it!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This little gem is housed in an old gas station and it doesn't even have a sign. Just look for the red building and follow the crowds. Lots of delicious and healthy sandwiches, tacos and salads. Plenty of vegetarian options too. Best Plantation Tea we had all week. Try the BBQ Chicken Wrap and the Portabello Mushroom Burger.

Visited June 2014
Hayward, California
“Down Home eats”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food and service was great. We drove up from Hanauma Bay where I spent a couple hours snorkeling. That left me hungry and very thirsty. I checked our places to eat while at home and put this place into the strong possibility group for stops on our HI trip. The drive was only about 20 minutes or, or so. The are close to the fast food under golden arches. Skip the common, overly franchised places for some great local food. Both my wife and I had Kailua pork. Hers served over white rice (brown was another choice) or with a salad or coleslaw; mine served as a pulled pork sandwich and accompanied by the coleslaw. Both were very tasty. I also ordered a shake which I don't remember it's name but was made with banana, chocolate and peanut-butter. Oh my this was so good, and so refreshing after my swim. They also had free infused ice-water near the tables outside. One lemon the other pineapple. The inside is part gift shop and part restaurant. The latter being an order counter only. Prices were fair as the bill came out to about $20, give or take a little. Outdoor seating is limited to just a few long picnic tables so plan on sharing or carrying. The tables are not far off road so it is sometimes noisy as the vehicles pass. Parking was a bit limited too. On arrival nothing was available in front so we walked [less than 2 minutes] over from the arches. For these two reasons I knocked 1 star off and only because I can't go to 4.5 stars. If ever I am in the area, I will surely stop and taste more of that Sweet Home cooking. Mahalo cousins.

• Visited June 2014
Corona, California
“Healthy Meal on Oahu drive”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This little hole in the wall, if you blink you will miss it, Triple D food stop did not disappoint. We had seen the episode but had not planned on making the drive to visit, until we missed a snorkeling opportunity. My wife remembered the episode with great vegetarian options, including a home made vege burger. We looked it up on Yelp and it was only a few minutes away! Unfortunately the carnivore got the better of 2 of us and we had to try the pulled pork plate! But the vege burger and fish tacos were great too. A side of corn on the cob was not soggy, as most restaurants end up with and the pork portions were huge, as you can see from the photos. We highly recommend these and saw excellent looking Acai bowls too. Only 2 doors down from a McDonalds, not sure why anyone would stop for a Big Mac when you can have great home made, healthy food next door!

• Visited June 2014