We have been to Bellows beach several times, but in November, 2010, we stayed 5 nights. First off, the cabins are simple cinderblock duplexes. Our unit was a two bedroom with a sofa-sleeper. They are not luxurious but work well for a family of 5. Yes, there are some bugs, but our unit did not have that many. The cabins, in my opinion, are only 10% of the reason to stay at Bellows. The beach makes up the other 90%. It is beautiful with the best sand on Oahu. The waves break nicely for boogy boarding or body surfing. There is no coral, unless you swim offshore about 500 meters, so your toes only touch soft sand while out catching waves. A Subway and mini mart are nearby for food and supplies. My oldest son and I decided to do paintball, which is located near the old runway. What a blast that was! We played for hours, mainly because we won 500 extra rounds during one Capture-the-Flag game. My son did the Medal of Honor run and got the flag for our team. I highly recommend staying at Bellows.
- Also Known As:
- Bellows Air Force Station Hotel Waimanalo
- Bellows Air Force Station Waimanalo, Hawaii