“The place is a dump and the food is...”

Mom's Soul Food Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 147 Restaurants in Waipahu
Reviewed 23 July 2010

The place is a dump and the food is overpriced! Sanitation doesn't seem to exist here...filthy dishes, workers on their cell phone while preparing your food,... Food's tasty but not recommended if you're looking for something healthy.

1  Thank LovingParadise

Reviewed 24 December 2009

When I initially visited this restaurant I wasn't too sure about the service and it was hella hot inside...but since returning everything has improved 100%. They now have cold AC, new flat screens with great movies playing and the new girls waitressing are friendly and attentive! There is a homey feel now that is inviting and...you will dream of the fried chicken which is the BEST fried chicken I've ever tasted!!

The food is off the hook with favorite sides like home made mac and cheese, collard greens, fried okra, and corn bread! And you have to top it off with the lemonade because it tastes the way lemonade is supposed to! They also have kid's entrees and banana pudding that will make your mouth water. It is definitely worth a little bit of a drive...and psst lemme tell you...the men who cook this tasty grub are equally delicious to look at.

1  Thank HookItUp
Reviewed 23 December 2009

i went to mom's soulfood with my wife and we ordered crab. when we got our food it was hot and smelled really good. when we bit into it my oh my i wanted to order another. their crab was so good and very tasty, my wife said the same thing. they had two waitresses very kind girls and very polite we were the only customers at the time so they helped us together one i believe named kayla and the other tati they were so kind to us and never gave us attitude. when kayla looked at me she came and offered another crab plate, of course i took it. their chcken was really good too very tasty and taste better then kfc. i had grape koolaid to drink & my wife had sweet tea, who ever makes the drinks is doing a excellent job because it was so good and very sweet. thankyou mom's soul food for your delicious food and good service.

Reviewed 4 November 2009

We sat down at the new location on Kam and it took forever just to get a drink...I asked over and over...they finally served our food before we even got our drinks...then the your guy who was our waiter just stared at me...okay, we start to eat...food was heaven! Corn bread, fried shrimp - better than heaven! Still, no drinks...I finally asked the waitress...then the guy gave me attitude...he turned around to take someone else's order...still, no drinks. At least we had water when we were seated - so it is not like there was a drought or anything...The waitress apologized and apologized...still, no drink...

I really liked the people (except for the young guy waiter, who HAD to be someone's nephew or cousin...) evven the chef came out and talked to us...I am telling you - it was better than my mama's food! Please don't tell her I said that.

Reviewed 30 September 2009

Just got back from this place where it took 45 minutes for two lunch combos. The food is over priced and mediocre at best. The menu is also very disorganized. The staff moves very slow and is also pretty rude. They told a man who ordered after us that he would have to wait 30 mins for a cheeseburger (after he paid, btw)!! When we finally got home and opened our plates, we also found that they got our orders wrong. What a waste of time and money!! If you want good Soul Food go to Dixie Grill. Or better yet, go down the road to Blazin Steaks, where there's always great service, the wait is quick (if any!), and the food is great for the value.

Been to Mom's Soul Food Restaurant? Share your experiences!