“Basic, reasonable value”

Harmon Loop Hotel
Harmon Loop Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dededo
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had booked by email. Got in at 2am and was leaving at 9am the following day. They only charged me $30 for the remainder of the night and $56 for the next night (any other hotel would have charged 2 full nights.
The Hilton info desk guy kindly called them for the airport transfer. Paid the $4.80 per passenger in airport vans direct to the airport staff.
I found the room, sheets and towels to be clean. No amenities in bathroom except soap.
Walked to Mall of Micronesia (about 10 minutes) and took $3 per trip ($10 for day pass) gecko buses to Guam Outlet (Ross) and back.
I was able to pick up free wifi.
No elevator is a pain if you have heavy bags like I did (relocating countries), but wouldn't matter if I was travelling lighter like I normally do. .
Noticed a bit of noise from delivery trucks early in the morning but that was probably because I was worried about getting to the airport by 7am to check in.
I would stay again for a layover just for sleep, but would choose elsewhere for any longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I had stayed here previously during Guam layovers and was in the same situation recently. I arrived in the early AM and had a night flight out so I figured I would get a room to rest up and shower.

Although their website (and a previous poster on TA noted) says they have day rates, they do not. It is $56 whether you are there for ten minutes or a full day. I pointed out that their website advertises "day rates," but they would not hear of it.

The room is utilitarian. The bed is hard and the head board was reinforced cardboard that had come apart. The sheets are threadbare. It was relatively clean and I did not experience any insects as some have noted earlier.

There are not much options near the airport and the $56 price is still less expensive than others, but I am not sure I would do this again. Probably just kill time at the airport.

Room Tip: You will have to call them from the airport for a pick up.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Goodpace
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Many flight arrangements in the Northern Pacific arrive in Guam early in the morning and the connecting flight is in the evening of the same day. The Harmon Loop hotel is a good place for a rest between such flights. They provide a day rate that is $30 cheaper than the full overnight rate if you check out by 4pm which is usually ok. The room is ok, everything works and seems clean and comfortable -- on the second floor. Not so sure about the first, there are stories about ants and bugs on the first floor. Free WiFi is in the rooms near the stairwell or access with a computer in the lobby. There are free transfers to the airport but from the airport the airport itself charges you $4.80 when you are in a hotel van. Annoying but don't blame the Hotel, it is the Airport doing the charging. No restaurant but 15 minute walk to Micronesia Mall or across the road to McDonalds.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room near the stairwell if you want WiFi.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2011

At $56 per night at the time of writing (payable up front), this hotel is a great deal for the budget traveller. Rooms are not luxurious, but perfectly adequate, and include TV and fridge. There are several restaurants, including a diner and a McDonalds, within easy walking distance, and the Micronesia Mall is a few minutes' drive away. The public beach at the north end of Tumon Bay is 5-10 minutes' drive. Despite its central location, traffic noise was barely audible from my room. The hotel features free wireless internet and a PC in the lobby for guests' use.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 6 December 2010

made reservations for a first floor room and received confirmation. upon arrival late in the evening, i was provided a room on the second floor. asked front desk (Roland) and he just doesn't know why. now charging shuttle services to and from the airport which was a free service before. it's US$10.00 to and $10.00 from the airport. no information on this found on their website. lukewarm water let alone the missing shower head. the number buttons on the phone has faded so it's a hit n miss ordeal. no soap and toilet paper in the room so it's BYO. called front desk and they brought toilet paper and conditioner, not a bath soap. thankful for that. tv remote non functional. front desk provided new batteries. thankful for that. bath towels have stains and hair on them so I used my own towel. checked out early next day and moved to Days Inn until my scheduled flight that evening. i have been booking my rooms for the last 4 years with Harmon Loop but their service is not improving. It's getting worse.
If you are on a short stopover in Guam, AVOID HARMON LOOP HOTEL.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank Ray019
Reviewed 27 November 2010

Was i Guam for a 18 hour layover. This hotel was perfect. Cheap, close to the airport, and friendly staff. This is not the place to stay if you are planning on being in guam for a vacation but if your in transit it works perfectly. I landed around 2 am and flew out to Palau at 6 p.m.. I got a good night sleep. was able to leave my luggage at the hotel. walked down to the Micronesian mall (about a 15 minute walk) took the trolley around guam and to the two lovers point. had plenty of time to get back to the hotel to catch my ride back to the airport...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobby091
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I did a national tour with a theatre company that required me to stay in hotels for six months and NEVER have I woken up with ants in my hair, on my body, in my bed, in my laptop, in my bathroom, on my towel, in my suitcase, soon to be in my own home. I had food in trash cans only, but when a hotel requires you t not have food in your trashcan you have to ask whats going on. I asked the desk for a refund, discount they said they don't do that and another guest overheard our conversation and then reported her bug bites as well. I've never written a review for a hotel, but as I write this I'm still finding bugs in my hair.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank camille062
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dededo
Wyndham Garden Guam
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam

Been to Harmon Loop Hotel? Share your experiences!