“Great Experience”

90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

With the nice and clean beaches of Guam, this is a great activity to try. It is best that you go early in the morning so that the sun is not so hot. They offer hotel pick-ups for tourists. We did not avail of this since I am a resident in Guam.

First, they make you watch a video demonstration at their office. They teach you the basic sign languages and safety instructions under water. They you would go to the main beach attraction.

When you arrive at the beach, you are usually grouped into batch on who will submerge into the water. While it is not yet your turn, they give you an option if you would like to go snorkeling to view the fishes and other underwater animals. It was really amazing. The water was really clear that you can see the fishes swimming under you. Don't worry if you do not know how to swim, as they provide snorkeling goggles and life vests for you to wear.

You can also do rafting. depending on the weather. We weren't able to do this since it was very windy that day.

On the actual sea walking tour, you will be submerged in water. There is this heavy helmet they put on you, and they will assist each person one by one on submerging into the water. It is very important that you learn signs in communicating underwater. The staff gives out fish food underwater. With this, the fishes come near you and eat the food from your hand.

They offer group/couple/solo videos and pictures while you are submerged in water for an additional price. However, you need to give yourself another day to pick this up from their office.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Berna C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Expensive but worth the experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It was an unique experience where both my children and my wife enjoyed very much.

In order to enjoy the experience, it is important to follow the instruction methods to equalize the pressure taking your time to climb down the stairs gradually not to rush. My children were a little hesitant when they were told the giant helmet weighs 30kg but the instructor assured them not to worry as they will install "floatation" device to reduce weight taking into consideration when they are in the water where weight of the helmet would be "relegated" as well.

There are pre-planned "route" so you can't walk at will and safety is taken with top priority with 3 instructors guiding along the 30mins experience excluding another cameraman videoing the entire experience.

This is very different from some aquariums offering similar activities as you are not in a giant tank in captive but in the nature with many marine fishes surrounding you. They also swamp you with you are given fish food to feed them getting up close and personal with the fishes.

At the end of the day, they will try to sell you dvd edited to feauture your family although very experience at usd150, we still decided to purchase and must admit the quality of the film is very good. However, we regretted purchasing a group photo where we have no opportunity to view or select with one piece costing usd30 with questionable quality so think twice before buying any photos unless you are given the time to select your choice.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank ru2bz4me
Raleigh, North Carolina
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My husband and I, along with our 11 year old daughter and 10 year old son, spent a week in Guam. Our first full day of activities included the Sea Walker tour which we booked through the Alupang Beach Club (ABC Club).

You start out at the ABC Club, then a van/bus takes you on a short ride to a storage facility to drop off your valuables/phones/cameras, etc. in lockers. Plus, this is your last chance to use the bathroom.

Next its back on the van/bus for another short ride to the Fisheye Marine Park. This is where the tour happens. Be sure to bring your own towels!! No one told us this. Once there you will walk across a pier to the boat. You will be gievn instructions on what to expect, and how to clear the pressure for your ears; i.e. Valsalva, wiggling the bottom jaw, etc.

When its time, you will go in groups of 4-6. Each person goes one at a time and there are mulitple divers already in the water waiting for you, as well as a diver standing beside you that will descend with you. You stand on the ladder, they lower the helmet on your head and you are signaled to go underwater. By the way, this is approximately a 25 minute underwater walk and the clock starts ticking when the first person descends, so to get as much as possible, everyone will need to descend quickly!

My daughter and I had a little trouble initially as we descended because we are both somewhat clausterphobic. The enclosed helmet was a little overwhelming and we both resurfaced within seconds. We expressed our concerns, to which the divers reassured us and reminded us to do the ear pressure exercises. The second time down was a charm.

Boy are we glad we did this. 35 feet to the bottom is absolutely fascinating. Gorgeous, colorful and tropical fish were everywhere! They have built railings for you to hold on to as you walk the sea floor. Divers are there with cameras and video recorders. you will stop for multiple photo ops. A couple of the divers even take off their helmets and do some neat underwater tricks! They squirt fish food in your hands and the fish swim right up and peck the food out of your hands.

Ascension is quick and when you get back to the top you are briskly whisked over to a bench where the sales pitch begins. Ok, they suckered us. We bought pictures, but more importantly we bought the video. Now, before the dive, I promise you there was no way my husband and I would ever agree to pay $120 (they were asking $150) for a video of our dive. But by the time we got out of the water, we were so hyped about how awesome the experience was, there was no way we were leaving without the video!! And they are savvy- if you don't have your money/credit cards with you, you can pay at the little storage facility when you get back to the lockers and they will drop off your photographs and video to your hotel lobby.

Overall, I highly recommend this activity! We plan to do it again!

Visited March 2013
Hong Kong, China
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Okay for children, but not very exciting for adults, better of snorkelling.”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Okay for children, but not very exciting for adults, better of snorkelling. My wife and I tried the sea walking at the end of July 2012. It was an experience as I'd never even been scuba diving or anything like that. However, after trying it I would advise people / visitors to Guam to just do the snorkelling and you won't have to pay the $75 for the sea walking experience.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank GrantMuir
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible service!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had some visitors over and I had gift certificates to use and they would not accept it. They ask at the beginning if you are a tourist, local, military, or if you a paying customer they said that they only accept paying 'customers'. So if you have a gift certificate that is paid for you are not considered a paying customer. And they said the soonest we could use them is in 2 months!!! So maybe if we were Japanese tourists then maybe we would have been treated a little better. I am not going to use my certificates anymore if this is how they treat people.

Visited February 2012