“OK but Annoying Problems”

Hotel Santa Fe Guam
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Fallbrook, California
“OK but Annoying Problems”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've stayed on Guam many times and I always stay right on Tumon shoreline (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt). But I booked this stay at the Santa Fe because I wanted something simple for just a 12-hour layover between flights. When I booked the room, I received a nice email confirming the booking. I had inquired about shuttle service from the airport, and they emailed that they would have someone there with my name on a sign, to pick me up (around midnight). Well, even though they said so in writing, nobody was there to pick me up. I called them and they said they knew nothing about it, but that they could send someone. I took a taxi since I needed sleep time (taxi was $20). I had ordered and paid for a more-expensive queen-bed room, but they gave me a room with twin beds. I was tired and didn't care that much. They didn't adjust the rate, and I was in a hurry when leaving and let it slide. The room was old, but fairly clean. Nice view of a small pool (full of local kids) and the lagoon. I liked the newish modern toilet and loved the nice new, soft bath towel. A little attached cafe right on the shore was nice - I just had coffee, though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I was here for 7 days last August 2013 and i can say that it was decent and clean then and because of that, we decided to stay here again. Now i am here May 2014, i had seen great deterioration in the entire hotel. I was too afraid to move and breathe fearing i might get sick. I strongly recommend to look for somewhere else to stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hellokittygirl888

Travellers are raving about these Tamuning hotels

Amman Governorate, Jordan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Was there for just 2 nights on a duty travel. The hotel is located very nice with view to the lagoon and a nice small pool to relax. It has a nice bar with grill and the staff in both, the bar and the hotel, are very nice and friendly. If you request something they are very helpful, there are no complaints from my side regarding the service. The location is also great because its quiet and there is a 24 hours supermarket in walking distance.

The building itself and the rooms are old and worn out. The shower is close to being disgusting, guess its just the age of the building and the moisture. The beds are not good and the blankets are old and have wholes. Cleanliness is medium, I have seen worse places, but in South East Asia or South Asia.

Room Tip: Better have the view to the lagoon or the sunny side in the morning due to the moisture.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Walter B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 days on a business trip. The staff are great, friendly and very helpful... the hotel beach bar is a good spot to unwind. That said the hotel is very tired. My room was grubby and dirty which does not make me want to stay here next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve P
Harvard, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The setting of this hotel can't be beat, it is right on the inviting waters of the Marianas overlooking a picturesque bay with a little gem of an island.

I had been traveling for 24 hours before getting to the hotel and took a shower on arrival. I notices that the water was lukewarm, but thought nothing of it. It happens. But, the next morning it was the same thing. I went down to reception and there were already people complaining about the lack of hot water. I'm an engineer and sought out the maintenance guys. They said that two of the three boilers were down and they were limping along on one boiler. The hotel was at capacity, so...lukewarm water.

This could have been a bad review, but in talking with the hotel management, I found that they are planning to install a state-of-the-art passive solar hot water system! Perhaps the first on Guam.

I'm a strong proponent of renewable energy and, for me. this renovation is a big plus.

Guam is a great place to visit and I strongly recommend this hotel. Ask to see the solar installation!

Room Tip: Microwave ovens are available on request, Higher floors and those towards the water have less A/C un...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim P
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The place looks like something that should be condemned. I opened a protein bar in my room, left it on the table for a couple minutes while I went to the bathroom. When I came back, ants were all over it. The fitness room had nothing that worked. The pool had a nice view. There was a bar on premises that made a lot of noise late into the night. There were 'massage parlors' closeby, although that appeared to be the norm all over the island. Had to pay by the hour for internet, and it didn't work good. Gross and I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank JoeW386
Chatan-cho, Japan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is really cozy. Great location to see the sunset. Nice pool and access to the beach. The staff are really accommodating and friendly. You can request for a microwave if you need to heat some stuff. Stayed here for a week. Decent stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Johann P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
#5 of 11 in Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
Wyndham Garden Guam
#4 of 11 in Tamuning

Been to Hotel Santa Fe Guam? Share your experiences!