“Would stay again”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Sanda, Japan
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a package through H.I.S (Japanese tour company). H.I.S have their own desk in the lobby and they looked after us very well. We had access to the Sirena Bus service which was very convenient, the hotels location is a little far from some areas but is close to Guam Premium Outlet and there are a few restaurants nearby. There is also a supermarket very near but this is currently under renovations and is closed at the moment.
All of the Resort staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was not perfectly clean when we arrived but the cleaners did an excellent job when making up the room.
The included breakfast buffet was fine for us, the food wasn't gourmet but not too bad, and as we had a lot of meals we planned to eat during the days, a light breakfast was all we needed. We ate at the restaurant Caravel, and we were happy with the food and service.
The pools, spa and water park were all clean and comfortable to use and we also enjoyed having direct access to the beach. We have an 11 month old baby, so we mainly used the 2 hotel pools and spa. We took advantage of the free 1 hour kayaking, which was fun.
There is no wireless internet in the rooms, but there is a business room which has free wireless and 6 computers available for use.
The convenience store located within the hotel is good, it's open from 8am - 11pm and has a good range of products.
Checkout was at a very comfortable time of 12 o'clock.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I would not normally write criticisms, but never in my life have I had high blood pressure just requesting for service. I understand that workers just obey orders, just blindly following orders and not considering the needs or situation of the customer. Onward needs more heart, more care and not all business. I felt everything is business first and if a customer does not fall in line of business first, then forget it. I'm so sad, so neglected.

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank RemSword
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I decided to take a short getaway to relax but we had our first bad experience at the lobby lounge. First the Mentaiku spaghetti was so salty that I couldnt even eat it... is that how it really should be? the waitstaff told me that its the sauce instead of offering me a new plate. and then she asked me what i wanted her to do?! i asked the lady if she can make another one with less sauce. i still didnt finish it. Then come to find out that the hotel is hesitant to do room charge. they had to call the front desk manager to explain. we were going to pay it when we check out anyway. i would rather get my $100 deposit back than not paying for my $20 meal that i didnt finish. to save us the trip of going back to the room, we just told them take it out of our deposit. my husband was mad because too much inconvenience. tried to check in the next day and the room was not ready. its been 30 mins!!! and i thought check in time was 2pm. im sorry but this is unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank hotelreviewer0000022
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I am currently staying in this resort and I can honestly say that this place sucks. Granted there is a storm passing through so can't really enjoy the waterpark nor beach. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are dirty. I checked in and my first room had no towels there was hair on the toilet seat and bed. I checked in around 8pm and the host behind the counter was brand new and was left alone. When I finally got to my room, I was ready to shower after a long day of traveling and there were no towels. Sheets were dirty, toilet was nasty. Bad experience. And I still have three day left. SUCKS! Lastly the rooms do not come equiped with iron nor ironing board requested it yesterday and again today, both times was told it was being brought up and still waiting.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel/resort
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank Maryanne S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We arrived from cairns at 0500,the supervisor at reception would not even quote a day stay rate until 1400 checkin.it was not until a wonderful staff member Karl at Concierge went out of his way to accommodate my daughter and I by booking us into a cheaper hotel until 1200 that same day,he even arranged a pickup back to the resort
The so called supervisor just lost room revenue because of her incompetence to promote her hotel.
This hotel has no room service.no minibar.no pool food service.no wifi in room.It caters purely to Japanese.no restaurants near by stay in Tumon for Guam tourist experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gagabrielle
Tamuning
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My children and I enjoyed our stay, but I did not think the food amenities were worth the price. I purchased the silver option so that I could get the breakfast buffet, but the food was cheap and generic.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Kina L
Cuba
Reviewed 19 February 2013

After reading the reviews, I decided to take a chance on this hotel instead of the Hyatt. I was disappointed. The lobby looks nice and big, so I had high expectations.
The first issue I had was that though I requested a double room, we got a twin instead. I was told that this would be fixed, yet no one contacted us about it.
The breakfast was free, so that was a small plus, though it was catered to Japanese tastes (something you should know about this hotel- pretty much only Japanese people stay here!) When we called the reception desk, the receptionist answered the phone in Japanese, which I can understand, but it seems strange anyway.
The waterpark was also free, but we did not go to it. It seemed really small and outdated. To me, 2 slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool is not a real waterpark.
I do reccommend taking advantage of the free canoeing. We went to the island near the hotel and that was a lot of fun.
The reception staff didn't seem to know much of anything. I asked about a chapel that I had seen on their website. One staff member responded that the chapel was an Indian temple and not a part of their property. I told her again that I saw it on their website. They stared at me blankly. Then one of them said "oh they tore that down. they should really update the website."
The concierge was very helpful, he did help us find another Polynesian show when the Onward's was fully booked.
The restaurant staff was also helpful and gladly accommodated my special meal requests.
Aside from that, the location was about 10-15 minutes away from "downtown." There is nothing open in the hotel after 11 pm, but there is a denny's about 5 minutes away by car. I would advise having a car if you want to stay here.
Overall, it wasn't worth the money. Next time, I will try a brand hotel like the Hilton or Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank misawa393
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Hotel Nikko Guam
#5 of 20 in Tumon
Dusit Thani Guam Resort
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort

Been to Onward Beach Resort? Share your experiences!