“Skip Lunch”

Onward Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We visited Onward water park for the first time in Dec. It is a great place to spend the day. However, we arrived around 10:30 and had a hard time finding chairs. There is a lot of space for more chairs this is not utilized. They have a good priced bar with food. But, the food selection is terrible and the line to order was crazy. Even with only 2 or 3 people in front of you, it was an easy 5 to 10 minute wait. I waited 15 minutes once to order a drink. Overall, fun time, but they are missing out on a lot of potential.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Lawson2010

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I visited this hotel as a family trip. By visiting there, I found that this hotel is very suitable for family trip because of the number of impressive points which this hotel has.
At first, I liked this hotel’s great location. Since the distance from main town named Tamuning to the hotel was not so close, around the hotel was not noisy. In addition, we could use a shuttle bus to go to main town without fare. It was very convenient to go shopping. Of course, the wonderful point of this hotel was not only its location. This hotel had very good ocean view. From the window of the room, we could see cobalt blue sea. it was so impressive, and unforgettable scenery.
Plus, in the hotel, we could enjoy a lot of water activities. In the site, there were two facilities called “Water Park” and “Marine Park”. Water Park was like amusement park! It has many kinds of water slides and other interesting swimming pools. I loved one of the slides called “The Manta” very much! It was like half-pipe used in snowboard play. I had never experienced such scary attraction before. Before I tried it, I hesitated to play, but after once I tried it, I played it for more than 30 times:) Marine Club was amusement which we can play in hotel’s private beach. From many kinds of activities, I chose jet-ski. It was the first time for me to drive jet ski, but staff taught me how to ride so kindly, I could enjoy this exciting attraction very much. I thought there activities would be so impressive experience.
Also, food was good. Breakfast I had was buffet type, and in dinner, I had BBQ with watching Polynesian dance show. I thought eating delicious food in nice situation is the happiest experience we can have only in the resort like there.
However, I was not satisfied with some points of this hotel. It was that some of the facilities didn’t work well. For example, shower in my room was looked a little old, and dial to adjust temperature of water was broken. In addition, television in my room also didn’t show any programs, and remote controller was broken. These are not good as a resort hotel, so, it should be improved.
except such problems, I don’t have any complaint about this hotel. Finally, I enjoyed this stay so much. If I got a opportunity to go to Guam, I want to visit there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Akihisa K
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We are on a family vacation here. staff is very friendly and helpful and the water park next door was fun, and free for us. We ate most meals at the restaurant 'Le Premier' and were never disappointed. Onward, by comparison to most other hotels and venues, looks great. For visitors to Guam, I'd suggest renting a car if you want to explore. The taxis are terribly expensive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank weerahjason
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a package through H.I.S (Japanese tour company). H.I.S have their own desk in the lobby and they looked after us very well. We had access to the Sirena Bus service which was very convenient, the hotels location is a little far from some areas but is close to Guam Premium Outlet and there are a few restaurants nearby. There is also a supermarket very near but this is currently under renovations and is closed at the moment.
All of the Resort staff were friendly and helpful.
Our room was not perfectly clean when we arrived but the cleaners did an excellent job when making up the room.
The included breakfast buffet was fine for us, the food wasn't gourmet but not too bad, and as we had a lot of meals we planned to eat during the days, a light breakfast was all we needed. We ate at the restaurant Caravel, and we were happy with the food and service.
The pools, spa and water park were all clean and comfortable to use and we also enjoyed having direct access to the beach. We have an 11 month old baby, so we mainly used the 2 hotel pools and spa. We took advantage of the free 1 hour kayaking, which was fun.
There is no wireless internet in the rooms, but there is a business room which has free wireless and 6 computers available for use.
The convenience store located within the hotel is good, it's open from 8am - 11pm and has a good range of products.
Checkout was at a very comfortable time of 12 o'clock.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I would not normally write criticisms, but never in my life have I had high blood pressure just requesting for service. I understand that workers just obey orders, just blindly following orders and not considering the needs or situation of the customer. Onward needs more heart, more care and not all business. I felt everything is business first and if a customer does not fall in line of business first, then forget it. I'm so sad, so neglected.

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank RemSword
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I decided to take a short getaway to relax but we had our first bad experience at the lobby lounge. First the Mentaiku spaghetti was so salty that I couldnt even eat it... is that how it really should be? the waitstaff told me that its the sauce instead of offering me a new plate. and then she asked me what i wanted her to do?! i asked the lady if she can make another one with less sauce. i still didnt finish it. Then come to find out that the hotel is hesitant to do room charge. they had to call the front desk manager to explain. we were going to pay it when we check out anyway. i would rather get my $100 deposit back than not paying for my $20 meal that i didnt finish. to save us the trip of going back to the room, we just told them take it out of our deposit. my husband was mad because too much inconvenience. tried to check in the next day and the room was not ready. its been 30 mins!!! and i thought check in time was 2pm. im sorry but this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank hotelreviewer0000022
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I am currently staying in this resort and I can honestly say that this place sucks. Granted there is a storm passing through so can't really enjoy the waterpark nor beach. The hotel is dirty, the rooms are dirty. I checked in and my first room had no towels there was hair on the toilet seat and bed. I checked in around 8pm and the host behind the counter was brand new and was left alone. When I finally got to my room, I was ready to shower after a long day of traveling and there were no towels. Sheets were dirty, toilet was nasty. Bad experience. And I still have three day left. SUCKS! Lastly the rooms do not come equiped with iron nor ironing board requested it yesterday and again today, both times was told it was being brought up and still waiting.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel/resort