“Excellent Service - I am used to St Regis, Ritz Paris, Mandarin etc.”

Wyndham Garden Guam
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Belvedere, California
“Excellent Service - I am used to St Regis, Ritz Paris, Mandarin etc.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have written 7 or 8 reviews for Tripadvisor. including Cirigan Palace in Istanbul,Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in Cap D'Antibes, Aman chain in Bhutan, etc.. This is the first time in my life for a stay in a Ramada Inn. I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent service . The manager, Matthew Martin, was as attentive as a Director at any of the hotels I normally frequent, all of which are 5 star hotels. As expected, the amenities and the decor are not of the same calibre. I understand that the hotel is going to be entirely renovated and become an Aqua property complete with a first class spa.I will return here when next on Guam.
The price was incredibly reasonable - ther equivalet of h

Room Tip: Room 106 has a large walk in shower.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jamesjseltzer
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Hafa Adai Mr. Jamesjseltzer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Ramada Hotel & Suites Guam.

We are delighted to know that that you have enjoyed you stay with you. Please rest assured that here at Ramada Hotel & Suites, we take pride in delivering consistent 5 star guest experience and successful delivery of our brand promise - " leave the rest to us"

I am happy to hear that my team and our new DIrector of Sales, Mr. Matthew provided you with a wonderful customer service. In addition to our continuous room preventive maintenance program, we also have several ongoing and upcoming projects such as gym renovation,sofa beds and air conditioner replacements. Our business center had just recently been renovated and we are also in the process of opening a new spa in the coming months.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome and serve you again soon! If there's anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com.

Kind regards,
Sunardi Li

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

As a 100% disabled marine I visited Guam for medical reasons at the navel Hospital. Like a fool I booked at Ramada inn. $1,100 for the month and the next month $1100.. They gave me a room which was on the ground floor and water dripped from the walls making it almost impossible to walk on the slippery floor tile. I asked every day to be moved to a DRY room, also I would ask to talk to the manager, my plea's went in answered. The Philippine's girls at the front desk became rude and ruder and they would not answer my phone calls.Most of the time the phone would ring 71 times, I would hobble to the desk and the phone would be ringing and the girl would either be on her cell phone laughing and giggling or playing cards at two thirty in the morning while I was freezing from the COLD INJURY I received in the mountains of N. Korea at the Chosin because my sheets were so wet and I needed a DRY blanket. Blanket never came. I was told that the manager was also the manager of Days Inn down the street and he could not be bothered as he was busy at Days Inn. Time after time who ever was at the front desk would LIE to me and tell me that THAY were the manager and they would move me the next day. I would wait and wait and no one would move me. BLUE AND BLACK MOLD formed on the walls and on my leather goods. My sheets at night were damp from the condensation of the water running down the walls. At one point in my stay of 7 weeks ( I could not move as the VA had given me an allowance to pay for the room as I am a combat veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars with three purple hearts) A maintentence man showed up and told me they would repair it. Never happened. I finally reported the situation to the mayors office. The mayors aide demanded that they move me. Instead the Arrogant manager came over from DAYS INN and told me to move out by the end of the month as the hotel was not designed for EXTENTENDED STAY. Why they would not repair the leak of the water running down the walls is beyond me. I know that in the states I choose to stay at Ramada inns and they are all extended stay. All at once the manager became very nice and condescending to me. (He heard rumors I was going to sue for the water and the Mold.
Think carefully people about staying at that dump in the Ghetto or the Days inn for people who work there are only as good as the manager.

Room Tip: Do not stay period,if you do donot stay in room 107
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank george D
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Hafa Adai Mr. Duncan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and concerns regarding your recent stay. Our owners are also military veterans and please rest assured that we have always treated our military service members, their family and veterans with the upmost respect.

During your stay you have requested your room to be cleaned and entered only by our Housekeeping Manager which we fully complied. Unfortunately you have also chosen not to turn on your room air conditioner (kept window open) for the duration of your stay which causes condensation and mold from the humidity. Our staff had also kept their composure and treated you with respect despite being yelled at with profanity and unkind words on many occassions.

Please rest assured it is always our objective to offer quality accommodations with services and products that exceed our guest's expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations.

Sunardi Li

Travellers are raving about these Tamuning hotels

The World
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Ramada Inn & Suites / / Days Inn

My background ; I am a random gent that see's it fit to write a review of this hotel. My opinions are as I experienced at this hotel.

Location : Not the best, if you want the beach, do not stay here as it is roughly 2.2 miles or 3.5 Kilometers from any sand or ocean. Upon arrival, it was quite clear that this hotel is used for "ADULT ACTIVITIES".

1. Arrival to Lobby desk at approximately 3:54 AM. Check in was slow, there was a time frame of about 25-45 minutes wait for 7 of us to check in together. 1 Filipino Personnel behind the counter, to my surprise they were rather spunky and happy to have us for 3 nights.

2. Arrival at hotel room at approximately 4:45 AM. Upon arrival to the room, it was hot and humid, the room hadn't seen a patron it seemed in weeks if not months... The Air Conditioner (which is a stand-alone unit) was off and confusing to use without the remote. The twin beds, "all we have available" - front counter, were stiff, and very low to the floor, no blankets were left on the bed, only sheets. The restroom is dirty, it seemed as if housekeeping swept the dirt under the shower mat and left it to wash away.

3. Room move next day... I will give Ramada credit, they have no issue moving you out of rooms if they are not working for you, one of my party did not have an operable air conditioning unit, thus his move, and for myself, the parking lot was immediately outside my window, there was no hot water for a comfortable shower, and the refrigerator had been unplugged, possibly due to it being inoperable as well. There is a pull out couch! with a warning above the couch that states something along the lines of "our couches flake, it's not due to age or it being dirty, but due to manufactures issues"...

4. "Restaurant" in hotel. I suppose if you don't have many taste buds, you won't have a problem with this restaurant, as for myself I like a hotel to have a semi-seasoned breakfast. Mediocre at best. I had been poking the chicken to assure myself it would not cluck back at me for disturbing it. The tables had mini-bugs, I believe I killed around 5 or 6 with my thumb and 2 with my index finger. No worries though, if you don't mind a few bugs, you will have no problem here. They ARE rated an "A" with the health inspector, as posted behind their bar. They do have some delicious toast.

5. The pool... their website shows it as a nice pool, but as I look out my window, it does not look exactly welcoming. Not one person has been in it. No Hot Tub.

6. The surroundings and view from out the window. Terrible in most cases. Both rooms I have been assigned, I have nothing but the opposing wall, mold, and dirt, along with the occasional rain.

SUMMARY ; for a rough 84 USD a night you can have a twin bed in what from walking down the street I assume to be "the ghetto" of Guam. If you do not want a top notch hotel, stay here.
Also, if you appreciate hammers and adult promiscuity happening 4 doors down the hall, please stay here.

hands down, one of the more terrible places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Read my review and your tip will be in there.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Conkatonk
Salzburg, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I found this hotel horrible with its dark and tiny rooms, not very clean, with some little insects. I could not believe that it belongs to the Ramada chain. The price for this quality was far too high. I made the bad experience that I arrived early in the morning and woke up after 2 hours of sleep because of extremly loud working noise in all parts of this hotel. Friendly staff moved me to a different room but the same noise. At the end they moved me to their near sister hotel Days Inn which was much better and nicer. I would never again stay at Ramada Guam.

Room Tip: I would never again stay there.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Gertrud H
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We arrived on an early flight to Guam and were booked in to the Hilton, but unfortunately they were unable to provide an early check in, but called around to some other hotels close by. We ended up at the Ramada and although the rooms weren't as nice as the Hilton, they were less than half the price and the service was far superior.

The welcome we got when we checked in was lovely and we really felt looked after. it was about 5.00am yet the staff were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed.

It's away from the beach, so wouldn't be my choice of hotel, but I do think the Hilton staff, could learn some lessons on service from the staff here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Cebu City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

This is the formerly Imperial hotel in Tamuning. Stayed for 2 nights. Room with sofa, ref, tv and microwave. Bed quite stiff. A steak restaurant at the lobby called Melo is ok and on the other side the cafe serving breakfasts, lunch and dinner at fairly reasonable prices. There is a convenience store also at the lobby but prices are bloated. There is a convenience store just outside the hotel's right side. Vietnamese restaurant Bamboo is also adjacent to the convenience store. There is a regular complimentary shuttle service to and from the Airport as well as to the Duty free Galleria in the town. Hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport. Complimentary wifi at the rooms and lobby. Staff is very friendly and accommodating though the hotel has seen better days.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

As others have said its a good transit hotel if you can get a decent rate. I didn't mind paying an extra $25 for late check out.
I found the layout of the room a little awkward, couldn't watch tv from the room's desk/lounge area where one had to sit to access the free wifi.
It was clean, and not a bad room otherwise though.
Transport driver was very friendly and helpful.
I ate at the Vietnamese restaurant next door which was okay.
Would go back but think I prefer the Days Inn for same price range or Harmon Loop for budget option.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Guam Plaza Hotel
Guam Plaza Hotel
#3 of 11 in Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa

Been to Wyndham Garden Guam? Share your experiences!