This was my first trip to Guam for a holiday by myself, and I picked this hotel for the price and location. What I didn't realize was that despite the walkable distance (about 20 minutes, which I'm used to) to the beach, the lack of sidewalk on that part of the road made it very difficult to walk, especially at night. Luckily, it turned out that the hotel offers a shuttle service to and from certain locations (like Ypao Beach and even the main strip) every three hours; and if you ask nicely, they can make exceptions, too. The last shuttle each day is at 11pm, so any later than that you'll have to get a cab (I got a Korean cab number and it cost me $11 to go from the strip back to the hotel). They also have airport pickup service, but I didn't use it this time as I had a lift.
I arrived at the hotel at about 7am after a red-eye flight from Hong Kong. The receptionist told me I would be charged an extra fee if I were to check in before 3pm, but later on I bumped into the friendly hotel director who was more than happy to let me move into an available room. Alas, there wasn't one, but the director then decided to let me have one of the two large VIP rooms on the top floor -- for all four nights of my stay! He even personally escorted me to the penthouse suite as it was their policy.
There was no glamorous view since the hotel is only four floors high, but I could still see a good part of the area; plus there was a table and a recliner on my own large balcony! The place was clean, and there was a dedicated TV plus air-conditioner for the living room and the bedroom each. My only complaint would be that the wi-fi signal in my bedroom was very weak, but it was OK when I sat in the living room. Oh, and the wi-fi's free.
There were days when it kept pouring down, but the small hotel had the essential facilities to keep me going: a basic spa (I had a shiatsu plus foot massage and they were good), a restaurant (food was good, nothing fancy though) and a convenience store that stayed open until 2am each day. I would, without a doubt, use this hotel again in the future, regardless of the room type. Great service and great value are what matters the most.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Guam is conveniently located near the airport and close to Guam's tourism and business districts, including the popular Tumon Bay. This 144-room all-suite hotel offers comfortable studios and suites ideal for business or pleasure. Come find paradise, history, and culture in Guam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Garden Guam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hotel And Suites Tamuning
- Ramada Hotel Tumon
- Ramada Hotel Tamuning
- Wyndham Garden Guam Tamuning