“Two star” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Guam

Wyndham Garden Guam
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Tamuning

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was my first trip to Guam for a holiday by myself, and I picked this hotel for the price and location. What I didn't realize was that despite the walkable distance (about 20 minutes, which I'm used to) to the beach, the lack of sidewalk on that part of the road made it very difficult to walk, especially at night. Luckily, it turned out that the hotel offers a shuttle service to and from certain locations (like Ypao Beach and even the main strip) every three hours; and if you ask nicely, they can make exceptions, too. The last shuttle each day is at 11pm, so any later than that you'll have to get a cab (I got a Korean cab number and it cost me $11 to go from the strip back to the hotel). They also have airport pickup service, but I didn't use it this time as I had a lift.

I arrived at the hotel at about 7am after a red-eye flight from Hong Kong. The receptionist told me I would be charged an extra fee if I were to check in before 3pm, but later on I bumped into the friendly hotel director who was more than happy to let me move into an available room. Alas, there wasn't one, but the director then decided to let me have one of the two large VIP rooms on the top floor -- for all four nights of my stay! He even personally escorted me to the penthouse suite as it was their policy.

There was no glamorous view since the hotel is only four floors high, but I could still see a good part of the area; plus there was a table and a recliner on my own large balcony! The place was clean, and there was a dedicated TV plus air-conditioner for the living room and the bedroom each. My only complaint would be that the wi-fi signal in my bedroom was very weak, but it was OK when I sat in the living room. Oh, and the wi-fi's free.

There were days when it kept pouring down, but the small hotel had the essential facilities to keep me going: a basic spa (I had a shiatsu plus foot massage and they were good), a restaurant (food was good, nothing fancy though) and a convenience store that stayed open until 2am each day. I would, without a doubt, use this hotel again in the future, regardless of the room type. Great service and great value are what matters the most.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hafa Adai Richardlaihk,

Thank you for recommending Aqua Suites Guam on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure to note your satisfaction with the overall experience during your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that our weather was not too cooperative during your visit but happy to hear that you have utilize our complimentary shopping malls/beach shuttle services during your stay with us.. Thank you for patronizing our restaurant and newly opened spa.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Aqua Suites is the best on Guam!!! The location is safe. The atmosphere is great. Their staff are very friendly and welcoming!! The rooms are cozy and the beds are comfy!!! The front desk agents are very helpful! They provided me with all the information I need to know about Guam. I'm really enjoying my stay here and I would love to stay here for as long as I can!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Hafa Adai Aeries17,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Barrigada, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel may not be on the main strip where all of the tourists & restaurants are, but for the price, cleanliness, upgraded room accommodations and exceptional customer service it was worth it. I very much enjoyed my one night stay at this hotel & wished that my entire stay had been booked there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hafa Adai Linda M.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Aqua Suites Guam and bestowing us with such high accolades on our customer service.

Here at the Aqua Suites Guam, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to see you again soon and please feel free to contact me at sli@aquaresorts if there's anything I can assist you with.

Angeles City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My mom and I checked into this hotel and we were warmly welcomed by Mr. Donovan at the front desk. He gave us some info about Guam since it was our first trip to the island. The rooms we stayed at were cozy and I had no trouble sleeping. All the staff were super friendly and really helpful with our needs. The hotel manager even made sure that we were comfortable and our needs were attended to as quickly as possible.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service to some of the shopping centers and also picked us up from those places. They could pick us up at a certain time or whenever we called. The hotel is just a few minutes from the hospital, Micronesia Mall, and Tumon. The 2 men working at the concierge were really helpful and told us a lot about how life is on Guam and some of the nice places to shop at.

The hotel has a restaurant inside that serves delicious food in big portions at affordable prices. My favorite was the terriyaki chicken for breakfast which came with 2 cups of rice and 2 eggs. I noticed even the policemen ate their breakfast here daily.

My mom and I stayed there for 4 nights and because the staff were really friendly and showed concern for our needs, they made us feel like we were at home.

I chose this hotel mainly because I was taking my NCLEX exam at the UIU building in Tamuning which was just a walking distance from the hotel. For those who need to test at the Pearson Vue Professional Center in Tamuning, this hotel is a good place to stay at. In 1-2 minutes you can walk from the hotel to the testing center.

Overall, this is a good hotel and the staff really made our stay an enjoyable and comfortable one. I'd definitely return to this hotel when I return to Guam.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hafa Adai Ms. Jennifer B.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Aqua Suites Guam.
It is a great pleasure to know you and your mom have enjoyed your stay with us and we took good care of you.

I am very delighted to read that you are satisfied with the level of service rendered by our hardworking team members and I will share your compliments with everyone. Here at Aqua Suites Guam we treats all our guests as family member and it's our duty to take great care of them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. Good luck on your examination and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your mom home again soon!

Warmest regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

A clean safe hotel in a very convenient location. All hotel staff very friendly. Quiet rooms with internet, safes and very strong air conditioning. Business center was also a huge plus. Mr Martin was very friendly, knowledgable and helpful, a very big asset to this hotel!

Room Tip: Second floor room was very comfortable
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hafa Adai Doug K.,

Greetings from Aqua Suites Guam and thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel including the facilities, amenities and our friendly staff.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome and serve again soon!

Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This hotel is out of the way from the downtown shopping and business district and not a safe area to walknaround in. The rooms are very small, cramped and the furnishings are old and tired as well. The restaurant has very limited hours, however breakfast was adeqate. I would not recommend this hotel and next time would stay downtown closer to all the amenites.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Atlantic96
Hafa Adai Atlantic96,

Greetings from Aqua Suites Guam and many thanks for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your desired level of service during your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may review and improve our processes to provide a better service experience for our guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly at sli@aquaresorts.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Sunardi Li

Travellers are raving about these Tamuning hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Guam Reef & Olive Spa Resort
Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
#4 of 10 in Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa

Been to Wyndham Garden Guam? Share your experiences!