“Run, don't walk away if United tries to put you up here”

Wyndham Garden Guam
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had to stay here with a United voucher after the airline canceled my flight to Hawaii. I arrived tired and worn down from dealing with the airport wait and leaving Palau in the middle of the night.

The first room wreaked of some odd cleanser, the couch in the sitting area was covered by an old stale comforter from a bed and the bathroom sink had a broken plunger and was filled with the last guests' shaving stubble. The second room was at the end of the hall right next to the closed pool where a maintenance worker was running a loud pump. The third room was cleaner than the first two, but still cramped and worn down. By the time United had all flyers packed into this place, the wifi came to a screeching halt, and the restaurant only had one item to serve for lunch on their "voucher" menu…never a good sign.

There is no place to eat outside of the hotel within walking distance and the location seems to be in a very run-down area of Guam. The desk staff were very helpful when I asked to move multiple times, but that was the only redeeming quality of this place.

4  Thank travellight78
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hafa Adai Travellight78,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

It is with much regrets that your room was not maintained in its cleanest condition and the inconvenience caused from changing room several times. You can rest assured our Housekeeping Manager is taking necessary actions for immediate improvement, so as to ensure our hotel cleanliness is maintained to our brand standards.

I have also personally spoken with the restaurant owner on the lack of food choices due to the overwhelming crowd from the flight delayed. Our IT department is also currently assisting us on improvements on our internet connections during high utilization period.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may review and improve our processes to provide a better service experience for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at sli@aquaresorts.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We actually stayed here on a last minute fluke when our connecting flight at guam inter. was cancled. We loved the hotel and our lay over turned into a mini vacation. Its not on the beach but within walking distance and there's a free shuttle that goes to the beach and shopping areas. The agents and manager are very helpful and furfilled all our requests above and beyond. The room has a nice bathroom and is nice and cool with brand new air conditioner. My only problem isnt really related to the hotel but the restaurant there isn't too awesome. I wouldn't recommend it, the waitresses ignored some people for almost twenty minutes even though they weren't busy and the food is so so but at least its cheap. Other than that we loved our stay

• Stayed: March 2014

Hafa Adai KJusta,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Aqua Suites Guam. It is a pleasure to know you have enjoyed your recent stay and you are satisfied with our hotel location and easy accessibility to all parts of Guam.

It is with much regrets that we did not manage to create a perfect stay experience for you due to the lack of service from the restaurant staff. Please rest assured I have personally notified the restaurant owner for immediate improvement.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to see you again soon and please feel free to contact me at sli@aquaresorts.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was pleasantly surprise by the front desk support. In particular I'l like to thank Mia, Jessica, and Donnie (from maintance) for their dedication to customer service.

Hafa Adai Dave G.,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to compliment Aqua Suites Guam great service and our outstanding team members. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are honored to have you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warmest regards

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This isn't the Ritz but it is clean, organised and the service is very good. All the receptionists behind the front desk and their charismatic manager make sure that they do as much as they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. For that kind of value, what else can you ask for, you know?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
sunardi l, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Guam, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hafa Adai Matthew C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Aqua Suites Guam and bestowing us with such high accolades on our customer service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to see you again soon and please feel free to contact me at sli@aquaresorts if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Nice and reasonable hotel.
The location is little bit far from down town, but they gave us a ride every time without waiting. I didn't feel any inconvenience.
Front staff is also nice. Mia and Jessica kindly arrange things for us. So we did never feel inconvenience for our business. I would like to use this hotel for the next Guam stay.

Hafa Adai Taketo H.,

Here at the Aqua Suites Guam, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. I am delighted to hear that Mia and Jessica provided you with an outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I reserved a room, superior queen with breakfast, for four days. The cost was comparable to other hotels off the beach. The hotel location is central but you should have a vehicle for convenience. First...the good! The front desk staff, Monnet, Asia, Jessica, Mia and Aleiah were all OUTSTANDING and were attentive to our needs. Maintenance was at my room fixing a small problem before I returned to the room. They provided additional information on local restaurants (you can't always eat at the Outback) and places we could take our 3 year old daughter to have some fun.
The room was good, the air conditioner was cold, the fridge and microwave all worked. The only complaint I have is the bathroom is small. It is like walking into a walk-in closet, it even had closet style doors. The front desk said the first floor rooms were different from the rest of the hotel. It wasn't a deal breaker but I didn't care for the layout. On the plus side, the shower was strong and hot, the hot water never ran out. The pool, laundry room and lobby were all clean and orderly.
The restaurant in the hotel has good food at a good price and large serving sizes, if you leave hungry it's by choice. The small convenience store carries everything you might need or have forgotten.

Overall...I would return if rooms were available.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KuyaZiggy

Hafa Adai KuyaZiggy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Aqua Suites Guam.

I am very delighted to read that you are satisfied with the level of service rendered by our hardworking team members and I will share your compliments with everyone. Here at Aqua Suites Guam we treats all our guests as family member and it's our duty to take great care of them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at sli@aquaresorts.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We brought our school glee club to Aqua suites and the staff there was very accommodating. The kids enjoyed their stay there. Good job aqua suites for making our kids feel comfortable. We are definitely considering to stay there again to make our school trip more comfortable.

Hafa Adai Jfjimeno2000,

Congratulations on another successful performance on the recently concluded Tumon Bay Music Festival! The Saipan Glee Club is really amazing and thank you for serenating us with the children beautiful voices.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. Best wishes to everyone and we look forward to see you again in near future!

Warmest regards,

Sunardi Li

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Wyndham Garden Guam? Share your experiences!