“My one night adventure in Guam”

Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Inverness, Florida
“My one night adventure in Guam”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Hotel is close to the airport and is linked somehow to the Ramada which is the other airport Hotel. The van that picked me up and dropped me off at the airport was marked Ramada. The rooms look clean and impressive upon entering but upon closer inspection my first room has bugs running on the floor, I squashed some and left them in a tissue for housekeeping to show management. I asked for another room, which was on the louder street side, but you could see the airport in the distance, and at least people and cars milling about. In my second room I did not discover a bug until 11am the next morning and again I left that on the sink for the housekeeper. I asked one of the maids how often they fumigate the hotel and explained my bug problem, she acknowledged the building is getting old and it is a problem, and the owners only have it serviced every three months. The front desk staff ran from very friendly to perfunctory depending on whom you spoke too. The restaurant at the hotel while not always open did serve a local food buffet for lunch and it was locals that ate their. They do allow late check out for 20.00 till 3pm but after that they wanted a full night rate that was higher than I paid to begin with. I found myself sitting in Guam airport from 3pm till my flight at 11pm. The atrium style of the hotel is strange in that the bottom floor is a driveway and parking lot so sound comes into your room for all angles. The bed was comfortable, and they had basic TV. There was mold in the bathrooms and the shower fixture looked almost exactly like those on the Original Queen Mary that was built in the 1930's. If your into ghost hunting the first floor parking lot is very active, and the mini mart across the street is an interesting experience. They do have a few PC's for people to use in the lobby which was a nice touch. Overall as long as you keep your luggage zipped up, it is a very well priced value for a night in Guam.

Room Tip: I saw rooms on both sides of the hotel. They are pretty much all the same. The street side rooms hav...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Hafa Adai Michael T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Tamuning Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your desired level of service during your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may review and improve our processes to provide a better service experience for our guests.

Here at Days Inn Tamuning Hotel, we strongly believe that it is our duty to provide all our guests with a warm and high level of hospitality service throughout their stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Best regards,

Sunardi Li

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 30 August 2013

You get exactly what you'd expect from a Days Inn: a comfortable, reasonably-well-appointed and clean room, and a good price. This place is perfect for the traveler who doesn't care to be in the midst of the tourist scene on Tumon Bay. It's just a short hop from the airport, so it's a good place to stay if you have an overnight layover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank mwhitespn
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Hafa Adai Mwhitespn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Tamuning.
It's been a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Here at the Days Inn Tamuning, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. We strive and work hard to keep our reputation as "The Best Value Under the Sun"

Again, many thanks for recommending us and sharing your experience during this past trip. We look forward to seeing you again in near future and please feel to email me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Warmest regards,
Victorville
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 9 days, my last time in guam I stayed at the hilton and I must say besides having the beach out side your door the days inn was way better... the rooms where the same size but I had a microwave here which came in so handy and the service was far beyond my expectations! Theres a store right across the street for anything you need and the beaches are just a five minute drive. They had free wifi, long distance calling and a great restaurant down stairs. Like I said it was better than staying in the hilton and it was 3 times less! I will most definitely recommend this place and I will be coming back!

• Stayed August 2013
Hafa Adai RobertE,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Tamuning.

Here at the Days Inn Tamuning, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. We strive and work hard to keep our reputation as "The Best Value Under The Sun"

Warmest regards,
Alaska
Reviewed 30 August 2013

A neat building that outwardly was clean. Stone floors shone. Doors really nice. However, cock roaches... and plenty of them. They were crawling on me in bed. located conveniently near airport but in an almost industrial setting. As a result, noisy.. with trucks and busses.

Too damn bad. Somebody works really hard to make this place nice. Things really shine. The stone floors were amazingly bright. Bugs and noise, however, spoiled the stay

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce M
Hafa Adai Bruce M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Tamuning Guam.

Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations. Unfortunately, the tropical climate are very appealing to these little critters. Please rest assured that we do utilize the service of a professional fumigation company on a regular basis.

Here at Days Inn Tamuning, it is always our objective to offer quality accommodations with services and products that exceed our guest's expectations. We look forward to ensuring that your next stay with us will be an enjoyable one. Please feel free to contact me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

The Days Inn Guam is minutes from the Guam Airport and provides free transfers. In my reservation I did not indicate my flight or time I was arriving so I had to call them for a pickup. The room was large, bed comfortable, bathroom clean. I don't know if there is breakfast facility as I checked out early. The seeming industrial location has nothing to offer, no nearby restaurants. I did notice a small grocery store across the street when leaving. The area seemed desolate that one was uncertain if one would want to be out and about. But for an airport overnight it was fine.

• Stayed July 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed at this Day's Inn as we were in transit to Osaka the following morning. There was no hot water to shower with after a long flight which was quite disappointing. The wash basin's plug was stopped and had to call the front desk for help. You needed a spoon to do this. The mattress and pillows were very hard that it gave us sore necks and bodies the following morning. The $5 per person airport fee was collected by Day's Inn. The neighborhood had a restaurant which did not seem too inviting and there was only one grocery store with rather high prices. Must say the shuttle bus drivers and check in and check out clerks were very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kshlee
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Tamuning at a reasonable price. Spacious clean and modern rooms. Attentive desk and housekeeping staff. 5 minutes drive down 14b to the beach and main tourist strip. Great central location. Around the corner is the friendliest Denny's you will ever experience. 5 min drive to GPO and KMart, 15 mins to Micronesia Mall. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: request room with strong wifi signal.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Palmridge Inn
Palmridge Inn
#1 of 1 in Barrigada

Been to Days Inn Guam-Tamuning? Share your experiences!