“Short Trip to Guam”

Days Inn Guam-Tamuning
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On a short business trip to Guam, I arrived in the middle of the night. Friendly reception, helpful with parking and general information.
Unfortunately, the cleaning personal is very loud early in the morning so there was no chance to sleep in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hafa Adai Gerard F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

It is with much regrets that your sleep was disturbed by our housekeeping staff. You can rest assured our Housekeeping Manager is taking necessary actions to make sure such incident does not reoccur.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may review and improve our processes to provide a better service experience for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The good thing is that the staff are friendly. The breakfast is "managed" by a Bistro within the same builidng and is way overpriced.

The door to the rooms open onto a central balcony area. This balcony is immediately above the meager parking area. So when folks arrive having partied in Tamuning and honk horns (which happens a LOT) you can hear it all. THIS cannot be changed and is one of the main reasons to avoid this hotel.

Want to sleep in during the morning thanks to the long flight to get here, forget it! WHilst the housekeepers are friendly they shout to each other across the balcony.

It is just over a mile from the town. This might be close for some folks but when it is dark, there is no side walk up the hill and it is still 85F/29C at midnight do you really want to walk that far? Or could you even do so? I was told there is a pool but I have yet to find it.

The WiFi is free but suffers from signal strength the further from reception you go. Go near reception also means you are nearer the lift. Remember this is a US terretory so even though there just a few flights EVERYONE uses the lift and it WILL bing to tell you it has arrived, clomp as the doors shut and generally be a pain.

Business travellers beware. Want to print something out....? Well there is no printer for you. If you are lucky the staff (who are very friendly) might be able to print it for you. THEN the final "jewel in teh crown". I booked in for 12 days, gave them my credit card and that was charged to my card immediately. Hold on, what if my travel plans change etc? The only time this should happen is if I prepay to get a cheaper rate.

All in all I would not stay here again and I suggest you do the same. There are other hotels nearer and of a similar price or slightly more expensive, the money could be well spent.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel altogether.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John B
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hafa Adai John B.,

Latte Bistro restaurant has always been a popular restaurant with the local communities as it offer great food at affordable price with breakfast menu starting from $4.99.

Our atrium style building offer an unique open air feels with lots of natural sunlight. Your comments on the noise from our staff and car in the parking area has been shared with department heads for corrective actions.

All our guests are invited to use the facillities of our sister property (Aqua Suites Guam) which is nearby. I am so sorry that my staff did not inform you of our newly renovated swimming pool, 24 hrs. fitness center, picnic ground and outdoor fitness course available for your usage.. In addition we also offer complimentary shuttle service for our guests to visit GPO Shopping Center, Ypao Beach and Plaza shopping center.

Our wifi signals have been failing us lately due to constant high occupancy and we are in the process of upgrading and improving the speed for our guest enjoyment. I also trust that my friendly staff will be more than happy to offer complimentary basic printings for all our guests.

Here at Days Inn Guam we take pride in offering great room at affordable price and it is our hotel policy to require full payment for the duration of the stay upon check in. For any direct booking we'll be happy to offer refund in the event of an emergency which requires early check-out.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may review and improve our processes to provide a better service experience for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at lisunardi@daysinnguam..com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

i stayed 14 days at this hotel with my family. I really like this hotel and i would love to stay again.
My kids had fun playing and sleeping. They really had fun! The front desk Glenna ,Yvonne, Bryce, Robert, Sherries, and Michel were great also the house keepers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hafa Adai James H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Guam.

We are delighted to know that that you have enjoyed you stay with you. Please rest assured that here at Days Inn Guam, we take pride in delivering consistent 5 star guest experience and successful delivery of our brand promise - " The Best Value Under the Sun"

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome and serve you again soon! If there's anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Days Inn is perfect for business travelers who have a short stay on Guam. The rooms are very clean and the staff are great. The only thing I was curious about was the shower which could be seen through a window from the inside of the room. It's kind of uncomfortable if you were sharing rooms or traveling with kids when the shower room is clearly seen. Other than that, a great hotel with great value on Guam.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hafa Adai Uherbelaug,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Guam and bestowing us with such high accolades on our customer service.

Here at the Days Inn Guam, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. I am also happy to inform you we are in the process of installing a mirror by the frosted window near the bed which will completely block off the view from the bathroom window and provide full privacy.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and sharing your wonderful stay with us. We look forward to see you again soon and please feel free to contact me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a 7 hour layover in Guam where my flight came in at around 11pm and my next flight out was at 7 the following morning, so being a transit passenger all my check ins have been done already and my boarding pass printed.

It was nice of the TSA agent at the gate to suggest that I should just go out instead of spending time in the airport so I decided to check in to the Days Inn.

Upon check in, the Front Office clerk was efficient so checking in was a breeze, the following morning he had a taxi waiting for me to take me to the airport at 530am which was awesome since I was all groggy from all the travelling.

Room:

My room was the single queen sized room. It was clean, had 2 bottles of water, a microwave, a small ref, iron, ironing board, a TV, cold A/C unit and the fluffiest bed! I just sank into it and fell into a deep sleep. The sheets were nice and soft, almost like a t shirt type, and the pillows were perfect for a side sleeper like me while also having enough give for when I was sleeping on my back. Internet in the room was WiFi and was pretty fast with easy connection.

I was checked into room 303 which was in a corner and beside the road and the view is of the airport. The sound coming from the airport wasn't too bad, and the road isn't really very busy, you'll hear the occasional semi rolling by, and unless they toot their horns you won't be bothered too much.

Bathroom:

Bathroom was adequately sized with a shower stall with almost instantaneous hot water, the toiletries were ok, towels were all nice and clean.

Flagging down a taxi will cost you $10.40 while just asking them to pick you up will cost you $8 each way, so up to you which way you want to go.

Overall, I wouldn't mind staying at this hotel again if I get a long layover in Guam. The bed is the most unforgettable thing about it :)

Can't really comment on the decor, since I don't really care, I'd say it was pleasant enough and relaxing.

Room Tip: if you don't mind the street and airport noise, then staying in rooms ending with 03 to probably...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DeepSeaAddict
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hafa Adai DeepSeaAddict,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Days Inn Guam.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you prefer saving a few bucks on lodging over being on the beach, this is a great option if you rent a car. Beach is a bit far to walk (little over a mile). Tumon Bay beaches are a short drive away and you can also use the pool at nearby Ramada (we didn't use it though). Free breakfast (with Agoda reservation) was not bad, it was cooked to order at the adjacent restaurant. Room spacious with a balcony (although not much of a view). Room also had a good size fridge and a microwave which was great for our 3 day stay. Only annoyance was the fact we paid for a king size and they put us in a queen. In return, we were allowed to check out late on our last day, so it worked out. (Still annoying since we reserved and pre-paid for it...kind of defeated the purpose of "reservation")

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
sunardi l, General Manager at Days Inn Guam-Tamuning, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hafa Adai Thelonious22,

Thank you for your time to write your review on Days Inn Guam. Here at Days Inn Guam all our guests are invited to enjoy the amenities of our nearby sister property (Aqua Suites Guam) which includes fitness center, swimming pool,barbeque ground and soon to be completed outdoor fitness course.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on your room bedding request due to high occupancy. I am happy to hear that we were able to offer you a later check-out time.

Thank you for sharing your experience during this past trip. We look forward to seeing you again in near future and please feel to email me at lisunardi@daysinnguam.com if there's anything I can assist you with.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Generally the hotel is really good in terms of cleanliness and hygiene. Top it all up are staff I met were excellent and very welcoming, generous and offers that hospitality especially after a long flight from Fiji to Korea then to Guam. I wanted a late check out in time for my Palau trip at 0825pm and the staff on duty Yvonne, Bryce, Glenna and Michael accommodated my request. very relieving indeed coz if it wasn't for that I would have to check out and wait for another 8 hrs at the airport for my flight to Palau.

well done my frenz keep up the good work will surely recommend my colleagues to come at Days Inn.

vinaka

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hafa Adai Bill G.,

Here at the Days Inn Guam, we firmly believe that it is our duty to provide our guests with a warm and highest level of hospitality service throughout their stay. I am delighted to hear that Glenna, Bryce, Michelle and Yvonne provide you with an outstanding customer service.

Best regards

Sunardi Li

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Wyndham Garden Guam
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Verona Resort & Spa
Verona Resort & Spa
#17 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Days Inn Guam-Tamuning? Share your experiences!