“Good place to stay for a business trip”

Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Tamuning
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel's location is good - near enough to everything but far from the usual crowded areas in Guam. Taxis are always available, and I would recommend to avoid those island shuttles that's really more for tourists (it could take you almost an hour to get to your hotel!).
The club floor lounge is not your typical business traveler's hangout. More couples and family types can be found during the breakfast and happy hours.
The suite room was nice, though it could have used more lighting. The bathroom was huge and had good facilities.
The rooms did not have wifi access, just wired. So this is a minor downside.

Room Tip: Ocean-facing rooms are always recommended.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Valmun,
Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We very much appreciate your feedback and I hope to welcome you back with us soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort

Reviewed 18 February 2014

After traveling regularly to Guam for over 10 years, staying at various properties both in and out of the Tumon/Tamuning area, I discovered the Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort in 2009. Since then I've stayed exclusively there, even though other travelers I converse with try to sell me on the virtues of their favorite Guam hotel. I know that the hotel staf is working hard at improving the material condition of the hotel, which is a difficult task in the sometimes harsh environment of Guam, and I truly believe they are commited to maintaining a favorable impression with each of the guests, as I have discussed this topic with well over 100 fellow travelers since I began staying there, and find that generally the hotel management is more accomodating than I would expect. I think the important thing to keep in mind is to discuss any problems you might encounter (no hotel is perfect) with an appropriate manager when that is possible. I typically arrive there after midnight following an exhaustive 20 hour day of travel from the mainland US, and I understand that the entire staff is not available to me right then while I'm checking in, but after I get some sleep, I can find any staff member I need available and eager to respond to any new needs I or my fellow travelers may have.

Being a Platinum 100 night member probably influences my treatment to some degree, but most of my fellow travelers are first timers to Guam and they receive the same degree of professional courtesy when they bring a concern to the staff at the Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort. In the hotel chain systems, there a various tiers or quality levels of hotels within a family of chains, and Sheraton is in the upper portion of hotel tiers, but I think it's unrealistic to think you're going to get a night at the Ritz or the Waldorf or some mythical perfect hotel when you choose Sheraton. You're looking for something that pampers you to an enjoyable degree without being beyond the average persons budget. The Sheraton Laguna Guam resort does that. It's a popular hotel so you can't always get a last-minute room, and you don't always get the "best" room they have (I've seen the pictures of the Presidential Suite but never seen it in person) but I have never had a room there was did not meet my needs for a clean affordable upper class room. I'm looking forward to many more enjoyable stays at the Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort.

Room Tip: The rooms are quieter on the wings away from the main atrium
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PoorTorturedSteve

Dear PoorTorturedSteve,
We appreciate your loyalty and will continue to look forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort. Thank you for making us your home away from home.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I love the hotel's location, away from the Tumon Bay crowds, and has plenty parking.
The gym is very limited.
Breakfast omelette was made with egg beater, unless you ask for real eggs.
One of my days staying there, the maids did not empty my waste basket.
Otherwise, it was a very good choice in Guam.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nanjingren
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Nanjingren,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, Sheraton's location sets a perfect getaway giving you serenity and a relaxed ambiance.
I wanted to point out that we use frozen whole eggs for scrambled eggs, omelets and even for baking. This product is 100% from whole real eggs. We use frozen whole eggsfor consistency and simplicity.
We appreciate your feedback and we shared our guest comments with our associates and address issues immediately. Thank you once again for choosing Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort. I look forward to welcome you back to us again soon.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed there with our parents. At first we found the hotel quite satisfying as the rooms were spacious and the infinity pool looked lovely; however, it became totally different after staying for 3 nights.
Amenities like toothpaste were not refilled, seems the we were supposed to brush our teeth with those tiny tubes of toothpaste for 3 days and nights. Coffee, tea bags and bottled water were not further supplied after consumption.
Rubbish bins was knocked over with trash remained at the door of the room except some soft drinks cans were well-collected.
The real deal was at the time we went to the front desk to ask about the arrangement of discarding trash (we still thought whether it was our responsibility to bring the trash to the large bin at the main entrance for disposal) and refilling amenities (we only wished to have some more toothpaste and shower gel on the last night of stay), a female receptionist told us that we literally had to ask for the amenities whenever necessary as they would not refill them by default. We stunned but only could leave it behind as she seemed not bother to explain further (no eye-contact at all).
After dinner, we talked to another receptionist, who also said complimentary coffee and tea bags would only be supplied once upon arrival (I wondered what would happen if I stayed there for a month??) it's disappointing but we still could buy some drinks on our own, but we could never expect that we had to squeeze till the very last bit of toothpaste in a 5-star hotel.
A member of staff of housekeeping later brought us a large bag of amenities with 4-5 sets of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, cotton buds, etc... we just wondered "WTH is going on?? Did we look that greedy?"
At last, we just took what we needed and returned the large bag of excessive amenities to the front desk that we were too exhausted to make another complaint =.=

Besides, we actually wanted to try the buffet dinner there, but the reservation wasn't being taken seriously by the receptionist (he just wrote our room number on a tiny piece of paper) that we end up found missing on the list. At last we headed for Haganta to have dinner after founding the choice of food provided in the buffet was quite limited.

Too disappointing with their service, had never had similar experience when staying in lower tier hotels or even budget / express hotels.

P.S. Air-con kept on and off at night, very weird...

Room Tip: Not recommended unless you are a Japanese or Korean (most of the receptionists speaks these two lang...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank YoPlace
Guam3018, Manager at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear YoPlace,

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in the quality of service area. Thank you for sparing your time in completing feedback and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any issues in our service and hope you are satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and all other guest better in the future. We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all other guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors

If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Sales Manager
Eric Ji

Reviewed 12 December 2013

As I said about my previous review here, that I'm a regular at this hotel, I stay here at least 2-3 times a month. I recently found out about their Presidential Suite, and requested that for my second night I be upgraded to it, just for one night and make them consider that I'm an elite member and a regular one also. While I was at the front desk waiting to check in, I see the Manager (Japanese guy) not even glancing at me or smiling while he is helping out other guests, he's literally avoiding me. Wont even welcome someone or greet an elite regular. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED. I felt so shunned, because he literally could've been talking to me, instead of telling the front desk agent about the info on upgrade. When checked in I called and a very helpful front desk agent, said that the manager won't upgrade me for free. It's not just this, its how unprofessional he handled the situation, if you already knew about my request, and I'm there, as a manager of an SPG property, please talk to your elite guest and don't make them feel this ever again. If you say no, and tell me respectfully and with a smile, I'd say thank you. I just wanted to try. That's not how you treat loyal members that spend thousands of dollars each year staying in SPG properties. Utter crap.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. If not for the friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank kdrew908
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear kdrew908,

With my sincerest apology, I hope to be opportune of welcoming you back to us. We may not be able to extend the Presidential Suite, but perhaps one of our Ocean Front Corner Suite where you can enjoy your private outdoor jet spa overlooking the ocean with a glass of sparkling wine as you enjoy one of the most breathtaking sun-set ever. Please contact me directly when the time comes. From our Sheraton Family to Yours, I wish you the very best that 2014 may bring! Thank you for being one of our loyal guests.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in order to scuba dive on Guam. The location was not particularly convenient for a beach resort - there was no beach to speak of, just some very rocky/coral leading to the bay/sea that had to be accessed by steep treacherous steps. It was not really walking distance from any restaurants or shopping, so we needed a rental car. Nevertheless, it was close to our dive shop. The room was decent. We had an ocean view with a balcony which was convenient for drying our scuba gear. The only negative was the tub/shower, which had a cheap shower head that pretty much guaranteed the bathroom floor would be covered with water after every shower. The fitness center was decent. There were enough free weights and machines to get a decent strength workout as well as a good selection of cardio equipment. In the bay it was possible to snorkel or kayak. The snorkeling was pretty good considering that Guam has virtually no fishing regulations and is therefore massively overfished - lots of triggerfish, butterflyfish, blue stars, etc. Unfortunately there was no stand-up paddle rental, although the surf instructor rented me his board for an hour since it was low tide. The executive lounge was spacious and had a decent selection of food and drinks in the evening (although breakfast was not good at all - horrible bacon and sausage, dry eggs, cheap pastries). They also had a bar on the lobby floor with a barista that made Starbucks coffee - including frappucinos. This is evidently very difficult to find on the island. The guest laundry was also nice to have. The best thing about the hotel was the staff. Everyone was friendly, cheerful, and helpful. A lot of the staff also spoke Japanese or Korean, and it was nice to be able to communicate in multiple languages. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There is a guest laundry on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentIndia
Amesva001, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear FrequentIndia,
Thank you so much for a wonderful feedback about us during your stay with us. It was a very brief stay with us but I am glad that you are able to enjoy our Sheraton Hospitality with a touch of our Island Hafa Adai Spirit. Please let me know the next time you visit us. I will look forward to welcome you back to us again soon!
Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

The staff are really friendly and the price is pretty good and consistant with the Sheraton brand hotels. The breakfast buffet has a lot of choices. It over looks the ocean and is not on the beach, so there are no beach activities although they do have 2 pools. If you are a couple or older the good thing is there are not a lot of kids running around. The facility is a little on the older side, and if the Air Conditioner is not on the room may get a little mildew smell and it could use some touch ups here an there. It is not within walking distance in Guam heat to any shopping or eating, even convenience stores is a drive away, so be sure to buy your water and snacks before you return back to your room. DO NOT bother with the late night room service menu there are few choices and the food was not good, very regretable.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms are really nice, and you wont have the sun waking you up too early in the morni...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Biz G

Dear Biz G,

My sincere appreciation for your valued time to share your experience about us. Yes, you are right about our location. No beach but many of our guests value the serenity and its exclusive location. It becomes a great escape. We have our Sheraton Adventure Activities that you can definitely enjoy while staying with us. I hope you will be able to experience several of these activities should you find your way to us again in the future. I do hope to welcome you back at The Sheraton someday.

Ami Salas, Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Dusit Thani Guam Resort
Hotel Nikko Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#5 of 20 in Tumon

Been to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort? Share your experiences!