“Decent hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Tamuning
Puyallup, Washington
“Decent hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Laguna Guam for only 24 hrs for a business trip recently. The facility would get maybe a 6 out of 10 from me (SPG Platinum member with 50+ stays a year worldwide). Some of the property is pretty tired and in need of some paint and new flooring. Rooms were appointed decently, were clean and quiet. The pools at this hotel are nice,...one being an infinity pool with a beautiful view of the ocean as a backdrop. I was traveling with 3 colleagues on this trip; all Platinum members of SPG as well. Myself and one other colleague submitted an earned suite upgrade reward request prior to arrival. I was first to check-in and was told that no suites were available to accommodate my reward request. My colleague with the other reward request checked in second and was given a suite. Then my other two colleagues (who hadn't requested a reward upgrade) checked in next and were both given suites. I phoned the SPG platinum concierge after this happened, who in turn put me in touch with local hotel management. This manager apologized for the mistakes and ultimately gave me SPG points to compensate me for his employees' actions. I believe this is important to address here in this review due to the lack of attention to detail by this hotel. If you are a Platinum and enjoy the amenities and treatment thereof, this may not be the hotel for you. Otherwise, I would stay here again only if the rates were attractive enough to distract me from staying at the Westin Resort Guam.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view for sure.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David L
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear David L,
My sincerest apology for the way we handled your upgrade request upon check in and I thank you for sharing this experience with us. You are absolutely right, as our SPG Platinum member, every stay experience should be the best of what we can provide for you. Our Manager on Duty is available 24 hours for any concerns that you may have to handle. We would love to see you back with us and I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back then. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit.

My best,
Amilyn Salas-Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Room a bit small, rather dilapidated bathroom facilities, wifi signal is poor, the other breakfast very ordinary, if some dishes empty, does not refill.
Parking is free and lot, shuttle bus frequently, nice views of the pool.

Room Tip: choose ocean view room and facing the church
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear mimi_smile,

You are absolutely right, it truly is due time for refurbishment for us and we are hoping for a good news soon. As for the WIFI signal, our general public areas have pretty strong signal. Our guestrooms, however, do not have any wifi connnectivity at the moment and definitely in the works now. I hope on your next visit, we will have that added feature to our service.

Thank you for your time to share your stay experience about us. We appreciate your feedback and taking them back with our team to better our service.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back in Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort in the near future.

My best wishes,

Ami Salas
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

After parking the rental car at the free parking lot, a nice lobby with tall ceilings welcomes you. Front desk staff immediately greeted us and a quick check-in procedure was done.
Room was big and bed was very comfortable with nice beddings. Clean towels and bathroom was at satisfactoy level.
Two restaurant choices for dinner. An outdoor barbecue theme buffet with live local dancing and sinigng entertainment or an indoor international buffet. We had the indoor buffet and it was at a fair price. Staff were nice and helpful. They were able to answer questions about the food and were agressive to provide service.
Free wifi service was only available at the lobby area. This is something that could be improved.
Check-out procedure was fast and easy and was done in a few minutes. We were satisfied with this hotel and would be a consideration for next time if we go to Guam.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gilan28,
I hope to have our new attraction to light up the lagoon area on your next return along with the WIFI connectivity in our guest rooms. Thank you for the wonderful comments you posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your time and I am looking forward to welcome you back with us in the near future if not soon!

My best,

Ami Salas
denver, co
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

There is no wifi in the rooms. There was no clock in my room on arrival. The room, however, was quite comfortable and clean. There isn't much sound insulation between the rooms. The property is not close to the main shopping area, but there is a bus one can take into that area that seems to arrive and depart fairly frequently.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ShoeDivaDenver
Dear ShoeDivaDenver,
Thank you for sharing your comments about us. WIFI connectivity in all our guestrooms is one of our goal to complete this year. Thank you. The shuttle busses are pretty reliable and convenient since the bus stop is right in front of our hotel. I look forward to welcome you back with us and hope to see you again with very soon.

Warmest regards,

Ami Salas,
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great hotel with competitive Price, it was one of the affordable ones I found online, Rooms were clean and well kept, stayed in suite rooms it was really nice. went down to President Nippon Japanese restaurant. very good. no complaints what so ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carlos L
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hafa Adai from Guam Carlos L!

A big thanks for your time to share your comments about Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I hope to see you again soon.

All my best,
Ami Salas, Director of Sales
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although we did not stay in this hotel for our holiday we came to try their cultural show, buffet Lunch and dinner, we also had a couple of drinks in the The Point and their entertainer musician for those night we been there is Phillip his style and music we love it. the staff of F & B are terrific, friendly and courteous especially their Manager Peter and Asst. Director Manny thanks very much for all things you extended to us during our visit.

Room Tip: watch their cultural show, try their buffet and The Point
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Magiting,

Thank you for the wonderful comment. I have shared your comments with our F&B team and they are most delighted welcome you to Sheraton. Please return soon and this time to stay with us. It will truly be our pleasure to welcome you back to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort.

My best wishes,
Ami Salas, Director of Sales
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Came out here for a week, and while you can't blame the hotel for why the flights choose to arrive in the middle of the night I do find it very confusing that the booking dates don't actually go by the day but rather the check-in time for that day... which I got there 3am when check-in isn't until 3pm. See my surprise when I had no room at 4am in the morning after almost 2 days of traveling. But after a hour or so they did accommodate at a higher price and gave me a nice room at the end of the hall with a great beach view. But I was told I needed to check out the next day and into my room which I would be in for the rest of the week. I checked out at 3pm and went to check into my next room... which unfortunately wasn't ready. After waiting for about a hour they managed to find a room but nothing with a king bed as requested. They did do me a favor and push two twins together (once again great customer service). But alas, my room had a horrible view of another hotel and the top of the lobby.

The rooms:
Room 1 was pretty good, kind of a mix of modern furniture with a wet bathroom. Only complaint the shower head has no angle to it just forward, meaning it hits you in the face and thats about it unless you take it off the holster.
Room 2 had pretty much the exact same setup, maybe a smaller tv. Shower head was slightly angled downward but it still wet up a lot of the floor (didn't see a drain in there either)
Both rooms- the bathrooms were nice but it's not a lot of privacy (as the glass enclosure around the bathroom were semi-clear) also the glass door to the bathroom is not floor to ceiling, meaning doing number 2 with someone in the room is most inappropriate unless you're married.

Amenities - the gym was fine, had all that i needed in there.
the pools (3 that I saw) were amazing, didn't get a chance to go in but I took numerous pictures and marveled at the setup
the restaurant La Cascata served a excellent breakfast every morning. This is just a step under what you could expect from a European breakfast spread. Staff was very pleasant and knew my name in just a day or two.

As most hotels here the lobby is open to the air, causing it to be really humid although there is beautiful scenery. With that being said, they need proper attention to bugs and odors in the hallways. There is definitely some need for maintenance in the building, and room reconstruction soon. The parking lots are ample for the most part, well landscaped, and attentive greeters.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and give it probably a 3.5 star rating. If I come back to Guam again I'd definitely consider this hotel, but also others in the area if it were around the same cost and offered breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank The_Ace1
Amilyn S, Director of Sales at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear The_Ace1,
Thank you for a detailed feedback about your stay with us. Your comment title is absolutely right and it is one of our goals to ensure you have the sense of comfort yet functional facilities and venues to accomplish work. The openness of our public areas sets the ambience but you are right, the humidity can be the downside and require more upkeeping. Thank you. There is no definite plan for renovation just yet but the possibility is being discussed. We should have few new features to enjoy soon. I hope that you will be able to enjoy them for you next visit with us. Thank you again for your time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the information. Come back soon and be sure to sign up for our SPG program. YOu will be able to enjoy several privileges and benefits for becoming one of our Preferred members.

My best wishes to you,
Ami Salas - Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tamuning
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Hotel Nikko Guam
Hotel Nikko Guam
#5 of 20 in Tumon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,128 reviews

Been to Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort? Share your experiences!