“Big rooms private beach with snorkeling possibility and great view from the room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Nikko Guam

Hotel Nikko Guam
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Tumon
Düsseldorf, Deutschland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Nikko Guam has a good location but you have to walk a little or rent a car which can be at times tiring because of the high temperatures and humidity. The view if you request a room on a high floor is stunning and beach for snorkeling (lot of fishes and my first blue seastar) and swimming is perfect as well as the pool with wifi free all over public places even the beach.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank raphaelhiero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent our new year in 2009 here. It was one of the best vacation. The rooms and pool are clean, delicious food and warm employees. There was some events that time. There was even beautiful fireworks at that time. The beach is also clean. Not too expensive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FrancisRoyce
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Fantastic view from the room. The beach is great. Nice water slides. Service is ok. 1 - the pickup at the airport was late. I would suggest taking a cab (this is my first time at guam). 2 - we had to call at about 4pm to have our room cleaned up. The room is definitely old but clean.

• Stayed May 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here with my college age daughter for 5 nights. The room was lovely and comfortable and I didn't think it needed updating at all as some have said. A/C worked fine as did all amenities (TV, hairdryer, etc in the room. It's great that all the rooms, except for a few ground level ones, have a balcony. The hotel faces west so it is hot to sit out in the afternoon but since the sun starts going down around 6 it's beautiful to sit on your balcony, sip a drink, and watch the sunset. The pool is nice although the seating does fill up by about 9 or 10 am until mid afternoon. It does close at 8pm though but that keeps the noise level down in the evening. The ocean is amazing for snorkeling but it's so shallow because of the reef you can't really get a good swim in until you get pretty far out. The reef is rough on your feet so you will need water shoes but you can rent them for $5/day on site. I saw more fish and sea life here than I have ever seen in Mexico or Belize. I'm not sure other beaches in Guam are as good but Gun Beach right outside the hotel is magnificent. We didn't eat in any of the hotel's main restaurants as we thought they were a bit pricy and they seem to cater to the Japanese tourists. We were one of maybe 2 or 3 caucasian families at the hotel during our stay. There is a little bar/restaurant just 5 minutes walk north on the beach where you can find inexpensive, although a bit bland, food. Truth be told though, we found most of the food on the island pretty bland. The mini bar is pricey too but there is a convenience store in lower level where you can gets drinks and snacks for much less. The coffee shop on the reception floor has nice lattes and packages of rolls for breakfast but they sell out of pastries early so be there by 8am. There is a little coin operated laundry but it's pretty small for the whole hotel so go at a weird time of day (like 6am or 11pm) to ensure finding an open machine. The hotel is on the outskirts of Tumon so we were glad to have a car and there is plenty of parking. Dollar rental had the best prices when we were there. There is a tram that takes you into town but we never used it. Many people have complained about the internet and it's true you have to pay for service in your room. There is free wi-fi in common areas and 4 computers for guest use. Unless you are staying for work maybe you should disconnect from "back home" for awhile anyway. The staff was helpful and always pleasant. I have never stayed in a hotel this big and thought I might not enjoy it but was pleasantly surprised. The grounds are spacious, as are the rooms and the lobby. I felt very comfortable and not crowded by the other guests. I loved my stay here and highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend the Gun Beach side as the view is more serene. The Tumon Beach side will look into town...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank JGWIL
Sapporo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was at the Nikko Guam last week for four nights, Room 828. The rooms are large and the view can be spectacular. Unfortunately, I reserved an ocean front room and was stuck in a room looking up the Tumon coast. 3/4 of the hotel rooms at the Nikko Guam will have the view I was looking for. I wanted blue, and nothing but blue, and had that expectation when I reserved. This was the first of several disappointments at the hotel. The second, arriving at night after a flight in from Japan, I wanted to check my mail. No WiFi, except in the lobby area. No LAN in the rooms. This really made me angry. When I asked at the front desk about it, the woman working there told me it would be $9 per hour to use the Internet in my room. There is free WiFi all over the island, even Denny's had it. For what is supposed to be a good hotel, in 2013, not to have it is simply bad policy. So, I found myself often after midnight sitting in the lobby with several other people checking mail instead of in my room checking my mail and relaxing. The third problem is towels. You have a hotel with a beach. In the room there are two bath towels (instead of the standard 4 at many good hotels). If you take a shower in the morning, then toss your towels in the tub (as they ask you to do), then head to the beach, if housekeeping hasn't come by the time you get back then you have no towels to shower and change. After the first time this happened, I began borrowing one of the blue beach towels and taking back to my room, then bringing the blue one back down to the beach before going out for the day. Major pain in the ***. Having gotten the bad points off my chest, the beach is great and much less crowded than Tumon. Most of the time I found only a couple other people on the beach. Lounging by the pool was nice, though the bar doesn't open until 11 and the selection is minimal in the off months. The hotel is a little bit away from the shopping area but the walk is pleasant. Would I stay at this hotel again? It depends on them. WiFi is a must, especially for those of us who need to keep in contact with work. And, if you advertise "all rooms are ocean front" as it says on your Japanese website the view had better be blue and not the lights of the other hotels down the coast.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank xClark-Griswoldx
Tokyo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

My family and I stayed this hotel for 8 nights.
What we like this hotel is lunch buffet. They have a lot of dishes and the food is different everyday. So we really enjoyed the lunch during our staying. Especially their bread is best in island I think !
They have nice beach, swimming pool area is so huge that our children loves them and likes to stay there all day.
I would really recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again with my family !!!

Room Tip: The room which is Tumon bay side has really great view !
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Etsuko
Salzburg, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at the Nikko for four nights during our10-day visit to Guam (we spent another five nights at the Westin). The service was good and the staff very friendly. However, the Hotel and especially the rooms are old and would need renovation. What's very nice is that each room has seaview and a nice balcony, from which you can watch the sunset. The beach is also very nice, unfortunately there are no cushions on the beach chairs, so it's very uncomfortable to lie there - that's why we had to buy pillows at K-Mart the first day we got there. Because of the reef it's also difficult to go for a swim (the water is too shallow), but it's a good place for snorkeling.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple