“Great beach”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Taipei, Taiwan
“Great beach”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Well maintained hotel with good facilities and beautiful beach. The front office manager was friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ricky604

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My family arrived on 20th Nov early morning, hotel requested to book previous nite for early check in, in order to get some rest we pay USD 125+tax to get early check in, but we were putting at room 820 which was just right below the renovations, we knew that there is renovations going on, but they mentioned on website that they will not put customer below renovations floor, so we believed them and were hurry to get some rest.
After few hours sleep, big sounds were coming from the upper floor, I went to front desk, first the staff told me that they can't stop the renovations, and want to offer a room for change, but my wife and kid were still sleeping, that's no meaning to change room at that time, then the manager came to say that will ask them to stop the renovations, so I went back to my room to get more sleep, however, more than 30 mins passed, the renovations still going on, the tools just dropped right on our top, and made sounds to wake up my wife and kid

Since we booked three nites at nikko hotel, so we decided to give up sleep and want to change room in order to prevent waking up by the sound of renovations for next two days. I went to frontdesk requested for changing room, but they are not sure that when can we get the new room, at that time was 11am, so we decided to have lunch in the jpese resturant first, after lunch around 13:30, finally we got new room, but our luggages were still in previous room, we wanted to pick up by our own, but they wanted to do for us.
At that moment, we wanted to get change to enjoy the pool and beach, but we waited for another hour, still nobody brought luggages to us, then I called frontdesk and wait for another 10mins, end up luggages came finally, so case closed.

We kept staying nikko hotel for two more days, when we met those staffs who were in above issue, they didn't even try to check with you for the conformability of your stay, just tried to pretend that they didn't know you esp. the manager

Well, this hotel got great views, but bad smell in the room, and the worst service, plesae watch out if you want to stay this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 278victor
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2013

When I was last there, they were charging $300+ per night. But show your military ID and it was only 60-something per night. The room isn't 5-star perfect but still very comfortable and it was the pool and ocean view that made it all well worth the money. They have a waterslide from a few floors up in the hotel that will bring you right down into the pool and adjacent floating bar.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank 14carrocks
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family and I stayed at the Nikko because it was close to the venue of the wedding for my best friend. We were on the 7th floor. We stayed on a special rate that included breakfast at Magellan. The room was clean and had a beautiful view of the chapel, waterpark, and beach. It was a spacious room and it was quiet at nights in the hallways. The people at the reception and greeters at the entrance were very friendly. At magellan, the staff was very accommodating. We came to magellan 30 minutes before breakfast ends. They still put out food and since we were with our one year old, they helped carry plates and asked what we needed so we didn't have to get up. They didn't ask us to leave even if it was already closed. They even gave us some fruits and cereal to take as snacks for our son. On the 2nd day we were suppose to check out, we decided to extend a day. The reception and front desk supervisor were very accommodating. Giving us a special rate even if the promo had ended. They added breakfast and even gave us a late checkout. We enjoyed the pool and my son really enjoyed the kiddie pool.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Arvi B
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The first four feet of the carpet was a shapeless dark stain and the louvered door to the the bathroom had splatter stains all over it. All I could think about was "Dexter". Was this a blood splatter stain? Could have been. We had the Executive club plan and enjoyed the evening drinks in the lounge. The view from our 14th floor room was great. When we called about the vomit in front of our door (apparently the vomiter did not call) it was cleaned up immediately.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MerrieMac
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My boyfriend and I usually book a hotel during 3 day weekends (Holidays) and this has been my favorite places to have a "staycation". Although other reviewers complain about rooms needing refurbishing, I happen to think the rooms are decent. The view is fantastic if you are lucky to get an oceanview room. What is also great is that the balconies have a table and chairs if you like to sit outside the room to look at the view unlike some other 5 star hotels that do not provide these amenities (huge pet peeve). I would highly recommend if you are not a hotel snob expecting lavish rooms and such.

Room Tip: Ask for the oceanview side
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank C M
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here with my family for our summer vacation. I booked two spacious Ocean Front Superior rooms and the hotel fulfilled my requests for double bed, high floor (11F) and near the elevators. I was happy about that but while the ocean view from the room was amazing, the room itself was not. The floor tiles were stained, power points were very rusty, bathroom tiles had mold, room furniture looked like they had been there since 1982, wall paper and carpet looked really disgusting and quite honestly, felt like everything in the room was a bit dirty. (See my photos!) I was shocked at the condition of the rooms! They seriously need to invest some money into refurbishing these rooms as the view is gorgeous. Another big disappointment is no free Wifi in the rooms! We are in 2013! There was also a huge ice dispenser right outside our room which made very loud noises the whole night through! It made it very difficult to sleep. I don't understand why they need to put an ice dispenser in the hallway. I have never seen that before. The A/C is too loud as well! Then to top it all off, the concierge was horrible. Ten days before my trip, the reservations officer emailed me to confirm my bookings and her replies were very prompt. After that, I emailed to reserve airport transfer and got a very prompt reply. Then I asked to reserve a table for the Sunset Beach BBQ, which I also got a next day reply. Finally, I asked if they have a concierge service and got a reply 'YES' with an email address for concierge. I emailed to ask if they could help me book two restaurants for our family dinner and I got no replies. I resent the email and I got no replies. It became clear to me that if I were paying for some sort of service like airport pickup, hotel dinners, then I get a very fast reply but when it comes to guests relations there was no such thing. Seeing that there was no reply I assumed my requests were being ignored or not answered so I proceeded with my own plans. We took a Red Guahan Shuttle (USD$4 per pax one way) and went to the restaurant. The shuttle stops opposite the restaurant around 2 minutes walk away but it was raining so we (total of 8 pax) had to run in the rain with two young kids in tow. After we ordered our drinks, a waitress came up to me and asked 'Are you Mrs.Yuki?' I said 'Yes....' And she said to me, 'Oh you have a reservation and our driver went to your hotel to pick you up but you were not there.' What??? So the concierge did book my table and arranged for free transport (the restaurant provides free transport to its customers) but yet failed to inform me. They did not inform me by email, not by phone, not even when we were checking-in! I wasted USD$32 for the shuttle and got everyone wet running in the rain due to the incompetence of the concierge. My husband then made a complaint when we got back to the hotel but all he got was a 'So desu ka?' (Is that so?) Twenty minutes later, the guest relations officer made a call to our room to apologize but that was it. The location of the hotel is a bit far from everything, we walked back one night and it took more than 15 minutes. The beach was also not very good as there were broken glasses and lots of rocks everywhere. Other than that, I requested for a front table at the beach BBQ show and the hotel did put us front and center which was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family