“The most convenient place to stay in Tumon”

Outrigger Guam Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Check-in/ check out process is very quick, the hotel front desk is quick to attend to your needs. the restaurants are good enough and our room was pretty spacious. the bathroom in particular!
the best charm of this hotel is, it is very near to everywhere.
There's a shopping mall and restaurants and even abc stores connected to the hotel.
Across the street is the DFS Galleria.
the Sea Grill Restaurant, the UnderWater world is also just a few steps away, and a lot lot more.
For busy business fellows and Internet lovers, there's a complimentary wifi is in both lobby and guest room.
and if you want to get a faster Internet connection, Jungle Java cafe is right around the corner of the hotel's entrance where you can enjoy your drinks while getting a free wifi. smokers can smoke outside, too.
the only thing that bothered me a bit is the very tiny white ants everywhere. so, beware not to leavecsome cookies the hotel lady would give you everyday, or some chocolates, and even unfinished juices and soft drinks everywhere. specially in bed's sidetables and the desk near the television.
other than that, some are so minor I won't bother to write.
I just wish some staffs at the Palm Cafe restaurant would smile a little while serving people and won't just grab the finished plates in the table right in front of your face! say something before picking up, people!
I have stayed at the Westin and I can say that they have the best customer service ever!
again, I say some staffs. Not everybody. There were others who are polite and accomodating.
Overall, We had a lot of fun and fond memories of the Outrigger.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank i_luv_tokyo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed 1 May 2012

i recently stayed at outrigger guam resort for two nights. i was impressed with the room size, comfort and decorations. the hotel was accommodating and provided us with two connecting rooms. we were able to take advantage of the pool and beach...beautiful scenery! i reallly recommend this hotel! the hotel also has a mini shopping mall connected to it's lobby and an abundance of restaurants, bars and little shops within walking distance. the DFS galleria and other shopping centers are right outside the hotel. the staff are very friendly and excellent! you can't go wrong here!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jyengm
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The Outrigger is a very accommodating and beautifully landscaped hotel. Our room faced the ocean and had an incredible view of Tumon Bay. The room was clean, adequately sized and the décor was tastefully done. The staff was helpful when approached and checking in and out was a breeze. Shopping and restaurants are conveniently located in the hotel and many more just outside, along the street. The only negatives we experienced were a very tired fitness room and an outdated laundry facility. Overall I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family when visiting the island on vacation.

Room Tip: Room with an ocean view is a must
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JoeQ007
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The staff in this hotel is outstanding. The hotel is beautiful and the check in/check out process is very quick. The restraunts are great and reasonably priced. There were only 2 problems I encountered in the 3 weeks I stayed, one was very tiny ants. Very hard to see but they were in the bathroom and twice I found them on the bed. Second thing that may influence your decision is that the walls are very thin. I could hear the voices of everyone in the next room on either side of mine. Hard to get a good nights sleep when there is a full blown orgy going on in the next room. Anyway, very nice hotel

Room Tip: Get a room on the end so you don't have noises on both sides as the walls are very thin
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 15 April 2012

the outrigger series itself is amazing, waikiki's was very nice. unfortunately, guam's outrigger is not quite the same. the rooms are small, and we had a bad experience with security for being out late. the hotel counter itself fined us for something we didn't break; we didn't even know the hotel room had safes, and they were already broken by the time we got there. do not go to this hotel!

Room Tip: go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank funguy37
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This has got to be the best that Guam has to offer. We arrived really early in the morning and we reserved an ocean view we were given one of their best rooms, a one bedroom ocean front. It was really fancy, I loved the stylish plantation shutter windows in the room. Plus we had our very own balcony overlooking the pristine turquoise water and the beautiful beach. The bathroom was big, but a little outdated. The staff were extremely nice to us and even provided us with special seating every morning when we had our yummy breakfast feast. The location is fabulous for shopping and site seeing. I can't wait to stay here again. We're actually going back in a couple of weeks, hope we get an upgrade again. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Have fun, and rent a car. The location is near everything and it's easy to go around. You won...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gwapocat
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I planned a honeymoon trip to Guam and stayed at Outrigger Hotel of Guam from Dec. 28th 2011 to Jan 1st 2012. When we checked in at the front desk, the guy (Brian Huang) who picked us up from the Guam airport kept saying that we need to pay early check-in charge to him. We didn’t know that guy and we didn’t even heard about his travel company, called ‘China International.’ We told the lady who helped us check in at front desk that we booked our trip thru our local agent in Taiwan and we did double check our trip included early check-in before we came. I was 5-month pregnant and my husband did call the hotel to confirm that we can do early check-in when we arrive. Finally, the lady checked us in and said we didn’t have to pay her any charge.
On Dec 29th and 30th, Brian Huang (who claimed he is the local tour guy) kept calling us late at night and threatened us that we would got caught at the airport if we didn’t want to pay him this charge. At the same time, we called our Taiwan agent and our agent told us we should not pay anything to them. Also, we went to the front desk and ask ‘again’ if we need to pay early check-in. The front desk said ‘NO’ and we just had a balance of US$1.5 charge on the phone use.
On Dec 31st, the front desk informed us that we had a message from ‘China International’ and again they asked us to pay that charge. A hotel manager came to the front desk, her name is Yumi Oka’ was very unfriendly to us and insisted that China International was our agent and we ‘have to’ pay the money (US$200+tax). I told her we didn’t know this travel agent but she walked away and didn’t want to listen to us to explain. Then she asked us to talk to Tiffany, who claimed she is the manager of China International. We explained the situation to her and she was trying to find out what was going wrong. However, we found that our room keys were de-activated and we got locked out by the hotel manager, Yumi Oka. We got very upset and extremely disappointed about the behavior and the attitude Yumi had toward us. She said she wouldn’t let us in until we pay the money. But I questioned her, “even I was responsible for paying this money, I can pay it when checking out. Why you locked us out now? “ We got locked out for 4 hours. During these four hours, my husband was talking to the other hotel supervisor, Mr. Li, to find out what went wrong. I had already felt dizzy and uncomfortable with my 5-month pregnancy. I’m a US permanent resident and have been living in California for almost 9 years. I’ve never seen a hotel treating their customers like this, locking the customers out to force them to pay the money that they are not supposed to pay. I highly felt that I got threatened, insulted and my personal freedom was attacked. Finally, Mr. Li asked us to pay $100+tax to get in our room and the hotel would provide us a receipt. (What was the standard of charges in this hotel?? How come the charges varied? The first two days, both front desk ladies said we have zero charge. The third day, hotel manager, Yumi, said we need to pay $200+tax and Mr. Li said we need to pay $100+ tax.) We felt the whole thing was so unreasonable. We finally paid the money was not because we thought we ‘had to pay.’ It was because I felt so ill and life- threatening by locking out by the manager, Yumi Oka. We were very disappointed that how this 5-start hotel trained their employees and treated their customers. I would never dare to stay in Outrigger Hotel anymore.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple