“Great Hotel”

Outrigger Guam Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Tumon
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My stays at Outrigger have always been pleasant ones. The staff hospitality starting with the personnel at the entrance door, to the check in counter and to the voyager club are friendly and warm. It is always impressed upon me that I am very much welcome and I feel of being valued as a customer, something missing quite a lot in a service oriented businesses nowadays. The facilities are also great. I have been going to Guam multiple times a year for a few years now and I always stay at Outrigger..

William Alicar
Mililani, Hawaii

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Willie428,

Thank you for sharing the experiences of your last stay at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments and kind words with all our Hosts.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to having you back on your next visit to Guam.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just had a two night stay here on the way back from Yap.
Arrived at 3am in the morning, and seemed to cause problems by wanting to pay in cash in advance for my stay!
The room I booked claimed to be "ocean view", but when I woke up the next day I was horrified that my room (534) looked out onto a roof full of air vents and the building site next door. They had put wooden trellises up to try and hide the view, which didn't work. There was no "ocean view'. I asked at reception if my room was right, and was told I had been given a standard ocean view room. There was no balcony or area to sit outside, not that I would have done anyway, as it was so awful.
The ugliest view I have ever had from a hotel room, bearing in mind how expensive this hotel is, I was really disappointed.
The facilities are great and the pool and beach are lovely.
My room was really worn, the bedding had holes in it, and the bathroom needed re painting and some TLC, looked really shabby.
I had to pay for an extra six hours to stay in the room longer as I had 12 hours to kill between checking out and my flight leaving.
The Hilton at the other end of the bay, where I also stayed for two nights gave me a free late check out and upgraded me for free. My room was beautiful there.
If I were to go to Guam again, would certainly stay at the Hilton again, much better value for money, and give the Outrigger a miss.
You pay purely for the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Wendy S
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Wendy S,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing experiences of your stay at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We value your comments, both positive and negative. It gives us an opportunity to review where we are doing well and areas where we need improvements. I have shared your comments and concerns with our team to address the issues.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to have you as our guest again if your travels brings you back to the island.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Was in a hurry for checkout... Just when I closed the door from my room at 19th floor, cleaning lady, Fiffy was about to clean room in front of mine, I asked her 3 times to open my door. She gave me a stare. On my third time to ask, she said "where is your key?" I said inside. Still she didn't open my room. Luckily a house keeping guy (sadly I wasn't able to see his name plate) opened the door with no questions asked, pulled out my card from the slot and handed it to me. Thanks to the housekeeping guy that helped me. I have emailed this incident and haven't gotten any reply. Maybe this would reach you?

Also, I would say Outrigger hotel has a very nice n convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Jjjts
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Jjjts,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing the experiences of your last visit at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We appreciate your comments and we have taken steps to address your concerns with our Housekeeping team so we can avoid having the same issue in the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to having you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hotel is located on the best part of the beach in Guam and it is easily accessible from the hotel. We got an upgrade in our room - we booked oceanfront room and got a one bedroom apartment for which the view was amazing. It was our 25th wedding anniversary so we were very pleased.
The pool and beach were great. Clear blue waters and being able to swim and see the fish without a snorkel is what makes the Pacific fantastic. The pool was nice and refreshing and the spa was very hot but great to relax in. The pool area lacked shade but had plenty of lounges. The beach was good- wearing reef shoes helps but not really required as not that much coral unless you go further out. Only down side about the beach is the hire of the lounges and umbrellas and the water equipment - which included snorkeling gear. Would be better if it was inclusive/free for guests. If you do want to use this service I'd suggest you do the $20 all day package that includes the lounge, umbrella, use of all equipment until 4.30pm.
The gym was fine - equipment was OK but it needed to have more room to do floor workouts and towels available in the room.
In terms of the breakfast, we tried the buffet and it was OK - it had mainly asian style dishes. I was disappointed with the selection of fruit. Best breakfast is at South Seas coffee - great coffee , wraps and waffles. In terms of other restaurant we tried we would recommend the following:
Beachin Shrimp
Tony Romas Ribs
En Japanese
Jia Asian Buffet
For getting around Guam buy a bus pass - 2 or 5 days pass as it is worth it and you can try different restaurants and also go the shopping malls. We went to Guam Premium Outlet (GPO) and Micronesia Mall. The GPO was OK but limited in terms of choice and shops compared to Waikele Premium Outlet in Hawaii. Micronesia Mall had Macy's and that was good when it has sales on. We also went to movies there and if you go to the first session for the day it is only $5 each - bargain price.
In terms of other shops to visit - DFS Galleria for your designer shops ( great restrooms too) and JP superstore ( good pricing on items). ABC store for snacks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rykony
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Rykony,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing the experiences of your recent stay at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We are happy to know that you and your wife enjoyed your holiday. I will share your comments and suggestions with our team.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed 2 nights for vacation. Room was very clean and comfortable. A/C also working very well. Nice view and good facilities. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. Specially, Mr.papa from front desk helped us everything. carrying luggage, opened safe box(i didn't know how to use), he went up to the room and fixed it for us. also i had problem about credit card for paying, didn't know y. but he called to the bank instead of me and explained what happened and how to solve. it was very helpful and appreciate. If i have opportunity to go to Guam again, I'd love to stay Outrigger hotel again.

Room Tip: Must try swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NamjooMoon
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear NamjooMoon,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the facilities, views, and especially the friendliness of our Host. I will be sharing your comments with them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest on your next visit to Guam.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location for sure. For the price, some of the rooms could be a bit more modern but overall, very friendly & helpful staff, beautiful beach, and close to everything. Nicest sunsets I've seen in a long time.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Escape_The_Snow_11
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear SnowBirdEleven,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for your review of Outrigger Guam Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the hospitality of our Hosts (staff), the beauty of our surroundings and the island.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to having you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great room, very well appointed and comfortable. The staff are super - helpful, friendly and willing to help with suggestions on restaurants and things to see. The pool is great, the beach is excellent and the property nice. Make sure you have some type of flip flop or water shoe for the beach, there is a lot of coral in the water. The restaurant and bar are over priced but it is a tourist resort so that was expected. Very popular with Japanese tourists but too many young children running around the hallways and lobby way past their bedtimes. Lots of super ridiculous high end shopping nearby. a quick drive will take you to other shopping areas that are more reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 10th floor have a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Axeman58
OutriggerGuamResort, Manager at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Axeman58,

Hafa Adai! Thank you for sharing the experiences of your recent stay at the Outrigger Guam Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services, as well as the conveniences of our location.