My husband and I stayed here for two weeks while visiting a family member. First, I thought the front desk staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. We checked into a room at a very reasonable rate. We had a view of the bay, and very clean room and never heard any noise from the surrounding rooms. We dined in the Fish Market twice..it was excellent and reasonable for the island. We went to the Tree Bar several times, watched the show, had the best Mango Mojito ever, and lucked into some free appetizers at happy hour. We used the fitness center daily. It is HUGE! I think it is the best hotel fitness center on the island. The staff there was very nice also. I took a Zumba class one day which was a really great class. The classroom even had a cushioned floor! The Deli in the lobby was staffed with the nicest ladies. It became our late night habit to order tea in the lobby and sit and talk, or sit with our computers.
Now for the drawbacks to the hotel: It was very difficult to find a chair by the pool. There are chairs by the sea also, but the chairs are set on a terrace and you take steps down to the water. For those people who love shade, there are trees that hang over the beach chairs. Water shoes are necessary in this part of the bay (not uncommon for Guam) because of the rocks in the water. I do think that the other Tumon Bay hotels have better beaches, but if you have a car or transportation, you can visit other beautiful beaches. There is a public beach property that
The biggest dissapointment was the Spa. I had planned a Spa date with another person. I had imagined a little more than what was available. Well....the spa was in the older part of the hotel and it was difficult to find the entrance (first clue). When I asked the receptionist if I could take a shower she looked upset and said she would have to check (??) She came back and said I had only 10 minutes to shower. (We arrived at the Spa very early for our appointments). It turns out that the Spa rooms are in what looks like former hotel rooms. There were lockers, but they were installed over the former hotel bathtub/shower. The shower was outdoors, but was completely private and enclosed. There was a hot tub in the room...outdoors, but it still had someone else's bubbles in it. The entire experience was weird and unsettling, certainly not the relaxing Spa day that I had envisioned. I went there because it was a Mandara Spa (I had visited Mandara Spas in other countries and in the US). The Spa experience was so weird that I actually started laughing during my massage. It actually gave my family a great thing to joke about for the rest of the trip.
I absolutely would stay here again. It is very clean and the staff was always friendly. The beds were comfortable and I slept well. There is an excellent tennis center on the property that seemed to be very popular. We danced to a dj at the Tree Bar and heard live music at Roys. I thought the price was more reasonable for a premier hotel than the other hotels in Tumon. We did have access to a car so we were able to visit other beaches during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the beach overlooking scenic Tumon Bay, the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa has an idyllic location on Guam, only a ten-minute drive from Guam International Airport, three minutes from the tourist district and ten minutes from the capital of Agana. Take in stunning views of Tumon Bay and Two Lovers Point from one of Guam's only infinity pools. The Resopa Water Park features a whirlpool spa, waterslide, children's pool, watersports pool and an infinity pool. Try out watersports and snorkeling at the private beach club or enjoy a lesson from a pro on one of five floodlit tennis courts. Stay fit at The Wellness Center with a full range of quality cardiovascular and strength equipment and a timetable of exercise classes or be pampered with a treatment at Spa Ayualam. Be tempted by one of the resort's five restaurants serving up award winning seafood, Hawaiian fusion cuisine and international meals. Savor a taste of the ocean at Fisherman's Cove. Simply choose from the tempting seafood offering and the chef will cook it perfectly. The unique and fun dining experience has won the Guam Visitors' Bureau award for 'Most Outstanding Local Tourism Facility.' Sample the cuisines of the world at the international buffet theme nights at Islander Terrace or taste the tropics at Tree Bar with an exotic cocktail to enjoy while overlooking Tumon Bay. With two wedding chapels, eight meeting rooms, computer workstations in the lobby, and internet the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa hotel is the perfect beachfront location for a beautiful wedding or an important business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Guam Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Guam Hotel Tumon
- Hilton Hotel Guam
- Hilton International Tumon
- Hilton Tumon
- Tumon Hilton
- Hilton Guam Resort & Spa Tumon