“Blah”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Tumon
Yigo, Guam
“Blah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

It was a nice stay for a night. I didn't like how the jacuzzi was full of little kids jumping and splashing around. There was construction going on, which forced guests to take a different route to the pool area, and the hallway that led you to the pool area smelled like kitty litter. Plus one of the elevators were out in the main entrance, so just trying to get to your room, you basically took a tour of all the floors just to pick up everyone. Overall, it was great for one night, it could've been better!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mark N
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Mark,

We greatly appreciate your reviews of our hotel.

We wish you will return again in the near future.We will definitely make your next trip even more memorable. Please contact us and we will personally care of your next trip.

Johnny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bulacan, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you want clean and nice smelling rooms and clean towels and sheets, this is a good place to be billeted in. However, the hotel is far removed from any commercial area, unlike other hotels in the area. And its beach front is not as nice as what other hotels in the area would have. The pools are quite okay but the water activities are more entertaining at the hotel beside it. There are not much activities within the hotel premises, especially at night. What it lacks in activities, it makes up for a very helpful concierge that goes to the extent of reserving your slots in tour activities. If you choose not to rent-a-car and drive, the hotel is one of the stops of the public shuttle so going out and about should be convenient before 9pm.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Janet S
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Janet,

Greetings from Hilton Guam! Thank you so much for taking you time to review our resort.

Your comments and suggestions are important to us. We will definitely use your review to improve our property for all future guests. I am glad you enjoyed our friendly and warm hospitality. I am glad you enjoyed our concierge services and our clean and comfortable rooms.

Please let us know the next time you return, so we can make your stay more special.

Have a wonderful day.

Saipan, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Actually, I was at Hilton for about 3 or less days in April 2011. This is my first time to see this site and to write a review. Anyhow, when I was at Hilton, the food was great. Even the food served in that little goodie store, where you can get sandwiches or a drink in the morning. Wi-Fi in the room was great. The housekeeping did a well done job EVERY morning. Oh! The beds were so comfortably (nor irritatingly) soft :-) Kudos to Hilton Guam. Also, the hallways leading to our room were not old-fashioned, but not too complicated as well. I like how you have a spacious hallway leading to the spiral looking stairs and the elevators. Oh! And you had 2-3 SPACIOUS elevators. Now that's grrreat, especially if one is in a hurry to get into the airconditioned room, s/he would not need to stand an uncomfortable time with other customers who are also sweaty. Your restrooms in the room are great, also! Very user friendly and there's a good feeling/ambience/privacy while inside. Now, just one thing I did not like at the Hotel. There were some sort of mean staff (1 or 2?) at the gift shop. They weren't all out mean, just, I guess, a little sarcastic and/or judgmental. I mean, if a customer comes in, just give them a good welcome, at least (and keep the "Oh, that person's fat or 'Can that person afford that?" thoughts to yourselves. Apparently, I kinda knew they were referring to me, and probably to other customers that were inside the store. Please, I know it's "We're human beings and we all have our views in this post modern world," BUT, we don't know the kind of lives and daily stresses people go through. Now, if we work in customer service, and whether the customer is apparently looking mean, "matapang" as they call it in Chamorro, or just scary unapproachable, or in my case, "not too fashionable," at least give every customer the human respect they deserve, and yes, if one has nothing good to say, just don't say anything. Now to end on a positive note, there were other employees there who were really nice, especially the ones down at the restaurant below the spiral stairs (where they served delicious ice cream), and the employees near the concierge area were nice as well. If given the opportunity, I would still go back to Hilton, maybe not at the gift shop, not unless they're nice and/or I really need to buy something.

Room Tip: I was somehow, in one of the middle floors, and I had great sleep. Thanks to the warmth insulating b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 519anner
Dear Anner,

We greatly appreciate your reviews of our hotel.

We do our very best to provide you with quality service. I am glad you experienced and enjoyed our hospitality first hand. We will contact the gift shop regarding their unprofessional behavior. Please keep in mind that the gift shop staff at the Hilton Guam does not associate with the Hilton Staff.

New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Guam for three nights in October. After arriving at 6.30am, fresh from a 5 hour red-eye flight from Hong Kong, I was pleased when the courteous check in staff let me know that they'd be checking me in right away and upgrading me to the executive floor, all at no charge, in recognition of my HHonors status.

But that's basically where the great experience ended. Was disappointed to find a room falling apart at the edges, with a bathroom looking straight out of the 70's, carpet that had seen much better days, and an overall feeling that the property was overdue for a renovation around 10 years ago. The comfortable bed, good view, and okay in room Hilton entertainment options were the only saving graces.

I had a choice of a number of western hotels for my stay, and I chose Hilton due to the (now I know, not quite) universal high quality of their accommodation. Unfortunately the Hilton Guam lets down the good Hilton name, and frankly is a liability to their portfolio.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brad S
Dear Brad S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Guam Resort and Spa. The staff and management are appreciative of your feedback and comments.

We do agree that we have a great location and as you mentioned, we are an older 5 star hotel. We strive for the best service possible. We apologize the rooms were not up to your standard, however be assured our management team is looking to renovate the hotel next year.
We are hopeful you will consider us again should you ever return to Guam. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back!

Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I went to Guam for "Business", but always expect to have fun in Guam. It's very obvious from simply walking into the lobby that I was going to be "underwhelmed". Front desk service was the only thig that impressed me during the entire stay. They were top notch (we had a VERY late check-in). My check-in was fine, but others in my group were checked in to rooms that were already occupied or rooms that had obviously not been cleaned (yet), which proves to the customer "poor organization". My room (solo w/ King bed, main bldg) was ready, but TV/internet/phone system was down and had to be reset several times (internet constantly reset itself every 15 min or so throughout the stay). Room itself was "ok", but was quite obvious that this hotel had gone ages without any remodeling/refurbishment. My room/lobby general appearance provided evidence of this. CRITICAL: Elevator service was terrible. One (of two) elevators in main bldg was "down for maintenance" my entire stay. The other elevator probably should have been. Using it was reliable from lobby up to room, but using it from ANY floor back to the lobby was painful (nearly impossible, and certainly unreliable!). Exacerbating things, stairs to avoid elevators (or dare I say, use in an emergency) were poorly marked and difficult to find. I personally complained to front desk staff twice about the elevators (3 night stay). Lobby "Snack/Coffee Shop" was good quality stuff (GREAT Iced Coffee!) but unbelievably expensive (What do you expect in a Guam Hotel lobby, right?). Furthermore, I didn't get to use the pool...only saw it from a distance. Lastly, the pool bar was closed (remodeling). No other bar exists in the whole hotel. Check out was surprisingly easy, and they knocked off the "internet charge" price for our whole party. I'd have preferred a closer hotel to "Tumon-proper"... but this location was "ok" for location. (Sure beat alternatives I was offered by my "bosses"). Would come back here, but not my 1st choice....

Room Tip: Single rooms better (theyre in main bldg). Double rooms in "tower". I also faced tennis...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Johnny L, Manager at Hilton Guam Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear AkRiff,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Hilton Guam Resort & Spa based on your visit to the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for any of the hotel's service or product shortcomings during your recent stay. I assure you and your group that the hotel team works tirelessly to provide an experience that exceeds expectations and there is frequent reinvestment in the property.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by our Tree Bar renovation. Another bar would be our Roy's lounge which features a wide selection of Wines and Spirits with great dishes to compliment your tasty beverages.

We value all guests' differing opinions, as they assist the hotel team and management in either recognizing areas worthy of praise or areas needing improvement. Your comments have been discussed with the hotel team for general review and action, although more precise resolutions can be accomplished with your further feedback on particular issues you and your family encountered during your stay. Please contact us directly by E-mailing guam@hilton.com. This way, we'll be able to better serve all our valued guests and we hope to earn your business again.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

At first I had a difficult time finding a quiet hotel to stay for my business trips in Guam. For example, the Sheraton has noisy tourist shows every night at 7 pm and the Westin could not promise a quite room unless I upgraded into the $500/ night range. The Hilton, however, was very quite, had excellent service, and surprisingly inexpensive. I recommend it for anyone who needs to get work done in their room. If you absolutely need quiet, though, I recommend getting a room on the 6th floor of their 'premier tower' or higher (anyway, that is what I had been told and it worked well for me).

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for your great review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Guam!

We are very happy you enjoyed our quiet and spacious Premier Tower Ocean View Rooms.

The next time you visit, please try out our Fisherman's Cove Seafood Restaurant. I am sure you will love the experience.

Please visit us again in the near future. We are looking forward to serve you.

Koror, Palau
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Guest service was satisfactory. The FO Manager very helpful as well as the other staffs. Overall the Hotel seemed safe and the room was very nice. AC strong, Television had many channel choices and internet was okay after the first day of stay.

Dear Janice,

We greatly appreciate your reviews of our hotel.

We would like to invite you to our Fisherman's Cove and Tropics BBQ for great dinners!

Johnny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Hyatt Regency Guam
#5 of 21 in Tumon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,136 reviews
Dusit Thani Guam Resort
Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort

Been to Hilton Guam Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!