- Very large beds
- Clean, spacious rooms
- Good quality of products, soap, shampoo, towels, coffee, etc in the room
- Check-in and check-out were a breeze
- All staff we dealt with was very friendly and helpful
- Ample parking under the hotel
- Close walking distance to shopping malls and restaurants
- The major negative I can say is that lobby is a very large atrium that goes all the way up to the top floor, so it's a very open environment. You can see the top floor from the lobby. Each floor, therefore, isn't in an entirely enclosed hallway. The hallways have the guest rooms on one side, and it is open to the lobby below on the other side. Our room was on the 6th floor (the lowest floor of guestrooms) so lobby noise was apparent. We could hear groups of people entering the hotel and hanging around in the lobby, making some noise at night. It wasn't enough to keep us from sleeping, but it was noticeable. I don't know if the noise gets quieter the higher you go up in the hotel, but it is something to consider. Try getting a room on the opposite side of the lobby (away from the beach side) as it might be quieter
- The rooms close to the beach are the ones that have an ocean view. I would imagine that anything on the back half of the hotel would NOT get an ocean view. I think our room was a "partial" ocean view but it wasn't that great.
Other notes (neither negative or positive, just observations)
- Pool is big, and there are a few of them arranged in different shapes. Definitely not the largest of pools but they are sufficient
- Beach area is on the small side (but I think most hotels have the same amount of real estate that are directly on the beach). The good part is that this hotel does have direct beach access.
If I came to Guam again, I would consider staying here twice if there was a good enough reason. Otherwise I might try another hotel. There wasn't anything exceptional that stood out that made me say "I will definitely come here again," but there wasn't anything negative that makes me want to avoid it in the future.
I am giving this hotel an "average" review overall because I am comparing it to hotels that I have stayed in around the world. It was my first time to Guam and I have nothing to compare it to on this island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Resort Guam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort Guam Hotel Tumon
- Westin Hotel Tumon
- Westin Tumon
- Tumon Westin
- The Westin Resort Guam Tumon