“stay elsewhere if you can”

Royal Orchid Guam Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Tumon
Tabuk
“stay elsewhere if you can”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Arrived early morning, no where to eat, get water or anything, no water in room. Directed to 24 hr supermarket up the road (not bad supermarket but expensive). Slept in the am until constant knocking at the door woke us - room service to tidy the room! Room tired. Microwave in room - not sure why but maybe a hint that the restaurants in the hotel lobby area were shockingly awful - all plastic food full of calories and E numbers. Desk staff nice enough but young and inexperienced, porters also nice. Get the feelings it owned by someone who doesn't give a damn and just sucks the money out without putting anything back in. Lampshades had peeled off their top skin. Horrible.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank butrusgali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Iwakuni, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was in Guam for a work trip-8 weeks and I stayed at the Royal Orchid. I stayed on a floor where there's no security cameras. My first week there I was robbed while I was sleeping in my room. I locked the door every night before I go to sleep and somehow someone managed to get into my room and took my valuables from me. I eventually got most of my valuables back but I was not reimbursed the money that was stolen from me. The hotel manager assured me that I would receive the money back but I was never repayed. If you can avoid it, please do not stay at this hotel. If you do decide to stay at this hotel, please safeguard your valuables.

3 Thank QEvans_12

Travellers are raving about these Tumon hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

As this was our first PCS we chose this hotel because of cheaper $ compared to others. Luckily we had the USO which had AC while our hotel room was bordering 79 degrees with 100% humidity. My towels had mold in the room overnight because of the humidity. Guam is hot year round, but that doesn't mean an establishment can't keep the rooms cool. The beds I don't remember if they were soft or not. I do remember having MORE than enough pillows. Like an obnoxious amount. No free wi-fi. You need to go down to USO for internet.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank L C
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband was going to Guam for work & I decided to join him - unfortunately we couldn't get on the same flights, so I arrived 6hrs before him. Knowing I would be exhausted, I booked a room at the Royal Orchid so I could get some quick sleep before he arrived & we checked into "his" hotel. OMG! The price wasn't the cheapest - so I figured mid-range - ok for just sleep & the fact that the USO was in the same building & I'd been told this was the hotel the military used - I figured it would be basic, but clean. What a mistake!!!! I didn't even take a shower - it was SCARY! You access the elevator with your key (should have been a tip off right there), the place was filthy, the carpets were - well, not sure if they'd ever been cleaned, the place smelled of mold SO BAD that after 1/2 hr I was debating whether I should just checkout and go back to the airport - I couldn't breathe! I was afraid to get into the bed!! All I can say is that if you have absolutely NO OTHER CHOICE, then I guess go here...but I will NEVER recommend it to ANYONE! PS when talking to someone on base the next day they said "wow! You didn't get shanked?!" Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DarcyHollis
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had stayed at this hotel on the special that they were advertising. First of all the rooms look nothing like the picture that they had on the flyer. And the hotel website is not even current. They have no bellstaff to help with the bags and when I asked the front desk for a bellstaff they gave me the cart!!! I was so upset that I had to unload my own bags to my room. Upon check in, the lady in front did not greet me and she couldn't even find my reservation. I asked to see the manager, and they told me that there was none on duty. So there I was standing while they were trying to find my reservation. Finally got to my room and walked into a dirty,smelly,moldy room. The carpet was wet and there was water that was coming in from the window. I couldnt even lock the window cause it was stuck. When I had called down for service they told me that some one will be up to assist me. Unforgettably no one came until 2 hours later. IM IN DISGUST!! Never will I stay in this hotel again. Would of gotten better service at Sante Fe.

3 Thank DHOK21
Enid, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was placed here when traveling through the country for a day. The outside of the hotel looks nice and has a few nice restaurants in the lobby, but the rooms themselves were terrible. The ceiling was falling down in the bathroom due to a leak, the room smelled like mold, and the carpet may have had bugs on it. I would never stay there again.

4 Thank Benjamin J
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I got this hotel for the price... however i wished i paid more. rooms are stinky and mouldy. bed was very firm. location was not bad. staff was ok. i did not even try their breakfast. internet was very bad, less than 300kbps.

3 Thank firatataman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumon
Holiday Resort & Spa Guam
Hilton Guam Resort & Spa
Bayview Hotel Guam
Bayview Hotel Guam
#12 of 21 in Tumon

Been to Royal Orchid Guam Hotel? Share your experiences!